• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

One '94 NSX...a snow storm...and an owner who may be a little 'off'...OH MY!!

satan_srv said:
are you lowered? I'd at least recommend adjustable suspension so you can jack the car up a but maybe..the NSX is so low stock!

Yep...Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs....love it!! :D

Meeyatch1 said:
HAHA!! Why is that??

beacause i'd like to drive my nsx all day everyday, just like you. but i just dont have the guts to do it. now your driving yours in the snow!? wow! i was daily driving mines for a while but couldn't stand logging on miles..(116k) after reading your post for your campaign to log on as much miles as you can, that really inspired me to drive my car more often. plus you got two nsx's,...got me pondering about a second nsx. should i sell my RL?? :smile:

Meeyatch1 said:
Actually, there are only 20 Grand Prix White NSX's with Onyx interior and manual transmissions from 1994, so I guess I am in big trouble there.

Only 19 Left Now. Have fun, and be careful ('cause I'm not selling mine!):biggrin:

Some people call you Nutz? :) I'm the one whos nuts for paying all this money and not driving my car. Way to go. I can tell you're having fun! I'll have my fun when it thaws out here.

Best regards,
MikeC

Dan Ciesniewski said:
on allisonville between 106th and 116th on the west side of the street by a gas station theres a touchless car wash I goto....but I'd recommend redrying it yourself

That's the one I take my NSX to in the summer. I talked to the owner and he told me that another yellow NSX comes in there. Low and behold it's you, I figured that though :smile:

timothyaw said:
That's the one I take my NSX to in the summer. I talked to the owner and he told me that another yellow NSX comes in there. Low and behold it's you, I figured that though :smile:

aaaahhaha, i better see you there sometime!!!
I go there cause

1. im lazy :biggrin:
2. its like 5 bucks
3. i cant wash it at home
4 im too afraid of messing it up/scratching while washing it it :)

are you still driving this winter??

when my allingment is finially adjusted right Im going driving... you and mitch better come ;)

timothyaw said:
No I don't drive in the winter (yeah yeah I know, give me a hard time :tongue: ) Maybe late spring I'll be able to finally meet up with you guys.

not even when its 45, nice and sunny, no salt,snow or rain on the road???

LATE SPRING!?!??!?!?!? early March is plenty nice enough :biggrin:

oh well :(,maybe I can learn a thing or two from Mitch by then :)

martin said:
Hi Mitch
Actually I need people to die before I can get a garage where I live. ... And it seems like my Rammstein playing and watering outside to make it slippery does not help :)

Hi Martin,

Rammstein playing to get them out of the house? Nice idea! :D:D:D

Regards,
Thomas

Dan Ciesniewski said:
not even when its 45, nice and sunny, no salt,snow or rain on the road???

LATE SPRING!?!??!?!?!? early March is plenty nice enough :biggrin:

oh well :(,maybe I can learn a thing or two from Mitch by then :)

Well the divorce will be final by then :biggrin:
Not even when it's sunny and the roads are clear and no salt. When I put it up, I put it up lol. That way when I get it out in the spring, I get that just got a new car feeling all over again :)

W said:
Think you're having fun now? Wait until you get caught in a real snowstorm, or better yet, a freezing ice storm. ;)
I drove for 45 mins in a freezing rain storm last Fri. Counted more than 10 vehicles in the ditch in about 30 miles .. some on their roofs; some off in the bushes. About 10 vehicles ahead of me, a pickup truck pulling a 5th wheel horse trailer did a slow pirouet from the driving lane across the passing lane and into the ditch between the highways. Most vehicles were doing 30 mph with their flashers on .. I was passing at about 45 with no stability problems (Michelin X-Ice winter tires) although it was sheer ice and there was no way any of us could have stopped. Fortunately, the roads here on the northern plains are straight as an arrow so no need to test the cornering G's.

timothyaw said:

Can you get an underbody wash done there??

W said:
Think you're having fun now? Wait until you get caught in a real snowstorm, or better yet, a freezing ice storm. ;)

Already did that over the last couple of days....big fun. :wink:

NSX2398 said:
I was passing at about 45 with no stability problems (Michelin X-Ice winter tires) although it was sheer ice and there was no way any of us could have stopped.

Hi

I had a moment a couple of years ago where I overtook two cars. When passing the last one my back stepped out and I powerslided past. Must have looked really cool. I was pretty scared I must say. Winterdriving is a bit too scary with the NSX for me.

It can be done without problems, but the fun factor is a bit gone for me when I can not slam it into second and just power on.

Well I did the same thing as above in the wet in the summer so it can get scary pretty fast in summer too. I met one of the guys I passed later and I am his hero now :)

Keep on trucking :)

Regards

timothyaw said:
I use the self serve bays, I don't take my NSX into the touchless bays. But if you must, they do have underbody in the touchless bays.

they do??? ive never seen that :confused:

I always thought you'd have to use the the self serve bays and take the wand and shoot water under there your self

martin said:
I would like a MR2 to practice my drifting skills during winter. My 1983 Golf is not that fun during winter, but it works.
:confused: My best memories driving in the snow was with a 1983 VW Rabbit GTI. Best of all, passing 4wd & all wheel drive vehicles going to the ski resorts:biggrin:

Very cool....
For anyone else thinking about this, snow tires make all the difference in the world. I wouldnt take on the snow w/o them..

awesome!!!

I drive mine all the time... well did... but took it officially off the road for this winter, last year i didnt and got stuck in a snow with some track tires and it was a major headache lol... not so afraid of the snow but the hill on my road that took about 9 tries to get up.... backing up a super steep hill about 1 mile in a nsx... was interesting to say the least....

NSX2398 said:
Sounds like you're having a good time Meeyatch1 .. at last another crazy Canadian takes the plunge! I've driven mine through rutted snow so deep that it started building up in front of the nose and eventually started sliding up the hood. You're right about the stares though .. although I think they're so stunned that I've never had a thumbs up like you do with stares in the summer time. A cool thing about turning the TCS off that you didn't mention is that you can then practice your drifting skills (on large empty parking lots only).
Hi Ian, your article about driving in the snow was one of the first ones I read when I got my NSX last December. Very interesting. And I drove my NSX all though that winter and will this winter too. Here in Belgium we have snow off and on for a couple of months mixed with rain.
The only thing is, we don’t have enough snow to justify changing tyres. So I drive on the stock tyres, which are too wide to get any grip on snow. As you know, for snow I need skinny tyres. Drifting everywhere is the order of the day. And, right, the TCS definitely off. As Brownbear said yesterday on nsxcb.co.uk, ( http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1080&highlight=kent+window )(plug for nsxcb) driving down the motorway looking out the passenger window does get some looks!
The NSX handles VERY well in the snow, no surprises and no problems (only drawback is the worry of the price of panel damage repair if I have a scrap with another car or a ditch). And the low front spoiler lip. Actually THAT is the big problem. Trucks in front of me drop big snow clumps from their wheel arches, you know what I mean, and then my spoiler lip hits them. It’s not strong enough to smash them. So taking of the spoiler-lip is a good idea.
So Mitch, Martin and Ian, good going!
BTW, I happen to be Canadian too, eh.
Peter
our snow7.JPG

W said:
Freezing ice, yeah, we had one already and on my street a garbage truck just slid slowly sideways down the street for about 25 metres. Hit a tree. That stopped it.

Back