• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

One more jack stand question.

I need to do some work underneath my NSX and was wondering if it would be safe to just have one side of the car up on jack stands, or should I be using 4 stands and lift the whole car? Would having only 1 side jacked up damage or stress the suspension on the other side?

I did a search on this topic and couldn't find a definitive answer. Any help would be appreciated!!

no it will not hurt the car in anyway.

but if your removing stuff like example: sway bar

you need all 4 tires off the ground

I'm replacing the coolant hoses, thus need to get underneath the car to remove the ones running to the engine and front of the car. I'll also have to lift the right side to get to the oil cooler. Would this job be easier if the car was on 4 stands?

I did mine last year ,put it up on all four,my garage floor is not all that level.I bumped into the left front jack stand with my creeper and it moved right out, holy shit it's sitting on 3 stands ! I shimed the stand, use 4 stands and make sure their loaded :wink:

Well, you got your answer:). Get the stands as high as they will allow for this job. When you bleed it, leave the stands in the back, and lower the front so the radator is the lowest spot.

Regards,
LarryB

Well, you got your answer:). Get the stands as high as they will allow for this job. When you bleed it, leave the stands in the back, and lower the front so the radator is the lowest spot.

Regards,
LarryB

Hey Larry, a mechanic at my honda dealership use to work for Acura, pulled an NSX into his bay and lowered all the pads on his lift and kicked the arms under the car. Puts the car in the air and starts to take the wheels off, puts the lug nuts on the lift arms , gets to the pass side front and the lift arm moves . Scared the s!!! Out of him ,all he could think of was an NSX laying on its side , it's no bs how stiff these cars are!!!!

Last edited:
Be careful in putting the car on 4 stands--make sure the first side you raise is good and solid. Also,this may be overkill, but when I raise my car up on all fours, I also put bocks or jacks on the center jacking points as well, just to be sure.

Back