• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Opinion: 02' NSX vs. 01' NSX

Originally posted by D'Ecosse:
Where did you count my vote for the rear?
biggrin.gif

Where it wasn't clearly stated - like yours (and mine, for that matter) - I didn't count it.

I counted 19 votes for the '01 front:

Jimbo
JaguarXK6
O-Ace
Leeps
Wadasan
MAKO
1HOT NSX
NeoNSX
mikec
RyRy210
Midnight_Raven
john576
PHOEN$X
NoClgDeg
effer
humanoidtyphoon
Timbo
Dan H
8000RPM

and five for the '02 front:

TRUE
Tiger740
Nimbus
Khuang
whs520

Also, 15 votes for the '02 rear:

JaguarXK6
O-Ace
Leeps
Wadasan
MAKO
john576
NoClgDeg
effer
Dan H
8000RPM
TRUE
Tiger740
Nimbus
Khuang
whs520

and 9 for the '01 rear:

Jimbo
1HOT NSX
NeoNSX
mikec
RyRy210
Midnight_Raven
PHOEN$X
humanoidtyphoon
Timbo

If I misinterpreted anyone's vote, I'll be happy to adjust the totals.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 31 December 2002).]

Well, not to be outdone by Ken, here is my vote:
wink.gif

2001/2002 Front, Leaning towards 2001:
Pref_front.jpg

2001 Modified Side:
Pref_side.jpg

2002 Modified Rear:
Pref_rear.jpg

I'll take mine CTSC'd, in Monaco Blue/Onyx, without the targa, and with a black top and 6 speed pleeeeeeze.

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Markbert (edited 31 December 2002).]

Very clever Markbert! Looks good - that front would be a good choice if it were available!

nsxtasy - I thought you would catch my preference from my avatar (hence my attempt at humour) - to cast an official vote & be counted, please put me under pre-'02 front & '02 rear.

nsxtacy: I'm actually on the borderline of prefering the '02 rear... but keep my vote as the '01 rear.

comments i'd like to mention about the '02 rear is:

- Circle Indicators... don't they look funny when working?
- the large corny 'A' Acura logo.
- the round exhausts. i like the '02 exhausts more than the '01 because the silver ring on their tip defines them better. But the '91 fat oval exhausts get my vote.
icon14.gif

- the piece of yellow at the bottom of the '02 spoiler is nice; though likely to get dirty/scratched.

feel free to disagree...

I like what Markbert came up with
biggrin.gif

Im not crazy about the 02 headlights, but I'd still cast my vote for the 02 front overall.

On the rear, it's closer. I think I prefer the old-style rear though. Also, I definitely prefer the old-style side skirts.

Oh, and I saw a comment that the 02's get more attention at "all the shows". I think that probably has more to do with them being a new model than anything else. To be honest, at shows, no bone stock car is really all that interesting. At import shows, I'm looking around for MYNSX or JZ
biggrin.gif

Here is my creation, its not that great but I hope it works.

new_nsx.jpg

newnsx3.jpg

Please tell me what you think about it and remember it is not the best thing that i could do since I'm an amateur in this program.

[This message has been edited by Midnight_Raven (edited 01 January 2003).]

midnight changed the rear in the above two pix.
duh.gif

Serious, i see... you've give the NSX a defined front bumper...minor reflections on the bumper under the headlights.

nice photoshop work btw.
sweatdrop.gif

------------------
<FONT COLOR=red>Neo</FONT>NSX
Low HP/torque is no problem for the NSX when you break the rules of the <FONT COLOR=darkgreen>matrix</FONT>
<FONT SIZE=1>

[This message has been edited by NeoNSX (edited 02 January 2003).]

what I did, was that I took the two front bump thing out and I pushed in the front bumper in like about an inch. Making have kind of the look that that pre 02 models had but still have the 02 model look at the same time.

If you can't see the picture just right click picture, go to properties, and then take the URL thing and put it as a web address. Then you should be able to use it. This is for the people who can't see the picture.

Hey I had to basically erase the whole bottom part of the front bumper to do that so that is why it has no reflection on it I still dont know how to work with this paintshop pro 7 program. but it is pretty descent.

paintshop pro 7 is cool, but i think photoshop might have been better for cloning that + reflections. that's my personal opinion. but i think u did a good job, Raven (or do u prefer being called Midnight? or MR?
smile.gif
)

[This message has been edited by NeoNSX (edited 03 January 2003).]

You can call me anything I don't get bothered with any name that is given to me. My sister's boyfriend calls me hichcock (don't know how to spell) and my other friend calls me Rafel and those aren't even my real name.

I think you mean Hitchcock... he's a legendary film-maker.

Hey midnight... i understand with ur name prob. i keep getting called "Mr.Anderson" which makes me mad coz i keep correcting everyone... MY NAME IS NEO...
tongue.gif

...err..directing the topic back to NSX chat... anyone else prefer the bumper job midnight did on the 2002 NSX?

------------------
NeoNSX
Trinity: "What do we need?"
NeoNSX : "an NSX... lots of NSX's..."

It seems I may be the first to say I like both the Front and Back ends of the '02 best. I've had both and when they are put next to each other, in my opinion the earlier version looks dated.

Back