• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Orange to be available in 2019

Someone did a rendering of it online. Would look amazing IMO.

honda_nsx_orange_front_by_bacarlitos-d8zlqcd.png

I love the colour but will there be a 2019 NSX Aura needs to do more than introduce one new colour for the NSX to survive.

Plenty more coming than some colors.

Are you just being hopeful or do you know something we don't.

I absolutely hope there's more to come and soon.

We should have a poll around the orange being an Andaro color or not.

As much as I believe it would be best in Andaro, the price issue with the car that has impeded sales would point me in the direction that orange would be a regular paint and have the smaller upcharge relative to the base colors like my 130R white.

We should have a poll around the orange being an Andaro color or not.

As much as I believe it would be best in Andaro, the price issue with the car that has impeded sales would point me in the direction that orange would be a regular paint and have the smaller upcharge relative to the base colors like my 130R white.

I beg to differ on that one. Valencia Red Pearl was the most popular color ordered for 2017. Even more so than Berlina Black and 130R white. Nouvelle Blue Pearl was tied for 4th which isn't bad. I think paint is an area where lots of people will spend the money for something special. Especially once you see that Andaro out in the sun.

NSX options ordered.jpeg

Thanks for this data

It was interesting to see that my saddle interior was the least popular.

My counterpount (without any real factual basis) is that my bet is that many of the Andaro painted cars were spec'd by the dealers for max profit. And 56% of the cars were ordered with the CF engine cover, something you have to go out of your way to even see.

The only CF item I considered was the roof (stunning in person) and that only had a 9% take rate.

I have mentioned in the past that the only one I have seen in the wild was a Valencia and in the sun it looks like a rolling jewel.

Thanks for the chart. Fabulous info for an NSX junky..... I didn't want a car loaded up with $50K of carbon fiber, but ended up with a car with carbon fiber roof and engine cover.
I cringed at the $6K cost of the roof, but after owning it, the CF roof is fabulous, and gives the car a great look. The CF engine cover has grown on me too...... OK, back to studying the chart......

Thanks for this data

It was interesting to see that my saddle interior was the least popular.

My counterpount (without any real factual basis) is that my bet is that many of the Andaro painted cars were spec'd by the dealers for max profit. And 56% of the cars were ordered with the CF engine cover, something you have to go out of your way to even see.

The only CF item I considered was the roof (stunning in person) and that only had a 9% take rate.

I have mentioned in the past that the only one I have seen in the wild was a Valencia and in the sun it looks like a rolling jewel.

Agreed on the CF roof. I would consider that one of the best options on the car. Still bothers me how that has a gloss carbon finish and everything else is a matte finish. That is another think I've brought up with Acura numerous times.

I would agree that the Andaro Paints were colors dealers ordered a lot but I also believe they sold incredibly well. The one's mostly for sale on the market right now are Curva Red, White, or Black with very few of the Valencia Red or Nouvelle Blue out there to choose from. My favorite is still Source Silver with CF roof, CCB with Red Calipers, and Red interior.

And BTW, thanks to David and the other guys who work at dealerships who contribute insider information and insights. Much appreciated........

Actually the carbon fiber roof is a very popular option, as 49% of the cars have it.

Back