• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Paul walker dies at age 40

- - - Updated - - -

The car might have been partially to blame, especially if they drove by a glass storefront where the car was able to see itself and decided to commit suicide because of its extreme ugliness. The rest of the blame goes to the driver who didn't respect the fact that he was driving a 600HP car with the handling characteristics of a Cambodian oxcart.

Looks like the fire killed him. Terrible way to go out.

Not sure if its a rumor, or probably the right place to post, but I hear Justin Bieber just got casted for f&f7. It was posted all over my Facebook last night.

Looks like the fire killed him. Terrible way to go out.

I'd like to believe that as hard as they hit and the way that the car came apart, they weren't even conscious when the fire happened. Also, It's easy to blame the car. But the car doesn't move without a driver. Look, many of us collect high performance cars (including the NSX) and all cars have a limit that when crossed will bite you in the @$$. And some cars like the CGT can get to the limit much quicker than others and the margin for error is much smaller. There are several threads on this site describing how some of us have crossed our own car's limits and the difference is that by the grace of God we didn't die. This unfortunate accident was clearly driver error. The car was built for the track and compromises were made to make it street legal. If this car were racing on a track, in the class for which it was designed, it would have had a roll cage and a fuel cell. Plus, all of the street "creature" comforts including most of the interior would have been removed. Would a roll cage and fuel cell made a difference in this accident? Maybe/Maybe not. But either way you still would have a driver that, for one tragic moment, forgot to respect the car he was driving and crossed beyond the car's limit given the conditions such as tire temperature, mechanical condition, amount of grip available etc. Every CGT owner that the talking heads interviewed said the same thing. "If you don't respect and fear this car you shouldn't drive it". And one even said "with this much HP under your right foot it's easy to do something stupid". (Hell I can do something stupid with less than half that HP.)

Not sure if its a rumor, or probably the right place to post, but I hear Justin Bieber just got casted for f&f7. It was posted all over my Facebook last night.

You should probably stop facebook friending tween girls. :)

On a more serious note: Paul Walker death: 116 posts; Nelson Mandela: 2 posts.

On a more serious note: Paul Walker death: 116 posts; Nelson Mandela: 2 posts.

I just wrote a Facebook post responding to a friend who is "outraged" about his car enthusiast friends caring about Walker more than Mandela, here's what I wrote:

"I knew of Paul Walker's charity efforts before his passing, that's why I was at the event that he died at. I knew ROWW was his charity before he died, so to say that none of your friends knew about it before his passing, is wrong. I am outwardly supporting his efforts now, because I wanted to bring to light that Paul was more than just the F&F franchise, and in fact he was a person who was incredibly caring and kind and used his money to try and better the world.

For me personally, I acknowledge Mandela's legacy and his passing, but do I actually care that he died? No, I don't. The guy was 95 years old. I'm not going to fake care about an old man passing away from natural causes.

To a lot of auto enthusiasts, they "grew up" with Paul, and they formed a bond with him through the movies that he made. So they actually had a personal connection with Paul Walker. Whereas, there is no personal connection with Mandela because he is so far removed from anything going on in an auto enthusiast's life. That is not to undermine Mandela's world changing efforts, it's just that people care about things they personally care about. If your good friend passes away, you would be sad. If my good friend passes away, you wouldn't be very sad, because you didn't know them.

I understand you are jaded with the car community, but it sounds like you're friends with the wrong enthusiasts. If you expressed the same type of vitriol towards my friends who are auto enthusiasts, I would say you are flat out wrong, as they are some of the most genuine people I have ever known."

I just wrote a Facebook post responding to a friend who is "outraged" about his car enthusiast friends caring about Walker more than Mandela, here's what I wrote:

"I knew of Paul Walker's charity efforts before his passing, that's why I was at the event that he died at. I knew ROWW was his charity before he died, so to say that none of your friends knew about it before his passing, is wrong. I am outwardly supporting his efforts now, because I wanted to bring to light that Paul was more than just the F&F franchise, and in fact he was a person who was incredibly caring and kind and used his money to try and better the world.

For me personally, I acknowledge Mandela's legacy and his passing, but do I actually care that he died? No, I don't. The guy was 95 years old. I'm not going to fake care about an old man passing away from natural causes.

To a lot of auto enthusiasts, they "grew up" with Paul, and they formed a bond with him through the movies that he made. So they actually had a personal connection with Paul Walker. Whereas, there is no personal connection with Mandela because he is so far removed from anything going on in an auto enthusiast's life. That is not to undermine Mandela's world changing efforts, it's just that people care about things they personally care about. If your good friend passes away, you would be sad. If my good friend passes away, you wouldn't be very sad, because you didn't know them.

I understand you are jaded with the car community, but it sounds like you're friends with the wrong enthusiasts. If you expressed the same type of vitriol towards my friends who are auto enthusiasts, I would say you are flat out wrong, as they are some of the most genuine people I have ever known."

Who's your friend? I had one of my friends just post the same thing shortly before you posted this. lol. Is your friend in Ventura County?

Who's your friend? I had one of my friends just post the same thing shortly before you posted this. lol. Is your friend in Ventura County?

His name is Alex B. Fortunately he's more of an acquaintance, because I blocked him, as he was going off the deep end. He was getting angry about people outwardly supporting Reach Out Worldwide on Facebook.

drowning is worse..... since it's slower.
I have drowned before and it is not that bad. As you run out of air you start to freak out and then you go calm and start hallucinating. If you get saved you wake up not sure what happened and if you don't well then you die having trippy dreams. I would have to say that having your flesh burned off your body is a much worse way to go.

Back