• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Phoenix driveways for homeowners

Teej,

I'm lowered, barely clear pulling in forward and invariably drop the front spoiler on the sidewalk backing out. So... I decided to try and back into the driveway and have had no issues front or rear... Just a thought.

Looking forward to meeting you as well (I'm from Michigan originally...Walled Lake)

Tim.

y9e2yraj.jpg
yby4u8ez.jpg
coming soon to a rolled driveway near you.

There are strong fiscal reasons why we are looking to buy now instead of renting first. There's a slight drop off in my consultant pay to the full time job. ;) We have a good Realtor that knows the layout and I have roamed around quite a bit in the past 6 months. Right now the two front runners is a house in Gilbert and a house in Goodyear. In some cases, the house we are looking at will have a rolled curb but the one next door wont. :tongue:

And about the HOA, we were told that homes built after a certain date are all in HOA's so now its about finding the less douche'y HOA :D

The exception I guess is if you purchase your own lot somewhere and build with an independent builder? We would not be doing either. I have a very short window to make this all happen and don't want to drop more than $280k if possible... 3 stall garage, pool, 4bed, 2.5bath (min). Has to have a good school district because my step daughter has 3 yrs of HS left and shes a frickin mess.. so must have options should one school not turn out :miserable:

Gilbert and Goodyear are practically in different hemispheres... for you job, does it matter where you live? Cause if one of these places is close to work, the other is definitely not.

- - - Updated - - -

y9e2yraj.jpg
yby4u8ez.jpg
coming soon to a rolled driveway near you.

This car is beautiful. No flashy body kit wings west garbage hanging off the sides and no Type-R wing... nice, subtle wheels, too.

This car is beautiful. No flashy body kit wings west garbage hanging off the sides and no Type-R wing... nice, subtle wheels, too.

Thanks... it had an DF FRP black R spoiler when I bought it. But I sold it so I could afford to buy OEM red interior components.. I'm happy with the OEM spoiler.

The house we ended up choosing, although in Gilbert, is about as far as the houses we were looking at in Goodyear. I work at Maricopa County hospital by Skyharbor.

Ah, okay. A friend of mine used to live in Gilbert. He's a pilot for Southwest, so he made that commute fairly often. I guess it's about a half hour in light traffic.

Okay guys, its officially going to happen... unless the background check comes back and they find out I used to be an undercover operative for the CIA or something and my cover is blown... See you on the streets in a few months.

Well, it's a bit more than you want to spend but you got IT ALL with my house for sale in Gold Canyon. Nice house, pool, enclosed (block wall) backyard, easy driveway, and a big shop to work on your NSX (air conditioned of course).

http://www.zillow.com/homes/10452-east-sleepy-hollow-trail,-gold-canyon_rb/

We are in final stages of a 4/2.5 3100 sq ft in Gilbert but thanks

Cool. Too bad I didn't see your post a few months ago as I sold a simply beautiful home in San Tan Ranch in Gilbert right in your price range. If you are not used to heat be prepared to take some time to acclimate to the Phoenix summers. Last year was my first and being from SoCal it's hard not to be able to open a window for three months!

I have a simple solution. I have boards that contour the curb to a manageable level. Cost me 15 bucks, and the HOA can't complain.

That being said, I usually just pull out at a stupid angle due to laziness.

The city was redoing sidewalks in my nieghborhood about 6 months ago so I paid the crew a little extra on the side and had them tear out the rolled curb and put a nice ramp in across the sidewalk. I have a VRH on the NSX which worked but the Supra still could not get in and out without a 3/4" sheet of plywood laid down. No more of that!

Think I've seen these. About $400?

You can make your own with a 10' long sandbag which is way cheaper, and molds to your curb profile good
presuming that your front lip will clear it...

drag it out, drag it in.. easy

or learn the perfect angle and go very slow

or buy Steve's new lift kit and cry once

Looking forward to hanging out with ya and showing you some good drives around AZ

Back