• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pic requests: GT-One Headlamps

Hello, wanted to see how they look on the car, seen some on their website. Also, at first I thought these installed without needing special brackets, no I heard they do? Is it so? Lastly does that HID have enought lamp power?

Regards,

Paul

NA2 is 97+ but the lights require the 02+ exterior upgrade. The OEM 02+ head lights require the brackets..so if they mount the same they will probably need them. However I haven't seen them installed in person yet.

the gtone headlamps are built like crap and fit like it too.
i have a few photos of them installed on a car locally.
thought about posting it, but theyre not even worth wasting the bandwidth.

It's good to be loved!:tongue:
Especially by this guy. We made them like that on purpose, waiting for someone like you to "improve" them...

Pics up soon.
DJ

Here are some pics that you may not have seen before; they're somewhat difficult to find on the gtrom site:

004.jpg
003.jpg

001.jpg
005.jpg

057.jpg
056.jpg

055.jpg
054.jpg

072.jpg
070.jpg

075.jpg
076.jpg

074.jpg

it looks very nice, i wonder how's the output for the Gt-one light

It's an H4 bulb, so lighting should be adequate... I am using H4 bulbs on my nsx right now with Revolution headlights, and feel the standard lighting is about the same as the OEM flip ups (with projectors), due to the OEM glass having a slight tint to it, and the replacement headlights being clear. There will be glare issues, without a projector, but 6000k HID's should result in ample lighting... perhaps someone from Gtrom could chime in with additional details, close up pictures, or images of the light output.

actually, i am plannin retro the Bi-xenon projector in there. anyway, i am let you know how everyting goes. Also, can you take some pics of your headlight at night. thank you

Here is my concept
DSC03790.jpg

It's an H4 bulb, so lighting should be adequate... I am using H4 bulbs on my nsx right now with Revolution headlights, and feel the standard lighting is about the same as the OEM flip ups (with projectors), due to the OEM glass having a slight tint to it, and the replacement headlights being clear. There will be glare issues, without a projector, but 6000k HID's should result in ample lighting... perhaps someone from Gtrom could chime in with additional details, close up pictures, or images of the light output.

few updates:
i did the TSX projector in GT-one headlight, love the Sharp cut-off and color but no high beam :frown: therefore =====>bought some FX35 Bi-Xenon with auto leveling projector housing to retro into the GT-one headlight. should have it by next week and will post some pics soon i have it

steven

few updates:
i did the TSX projector in GT-one headlight, love the Sharp cut-off and color but no high beam :frown: therefore =====>bought some FX35 Bi-Xenon with auto leveling projector housing to retro into the GT-one headlight. should have it by next week and will post some pics soon i have it

steven

Sounds awesome Steven! Can't wait to see them! Post pics as soon as you have them.

Dj if you guys do a retrofit of projectors into your housings use the s2k projectors or the TL (they are bi-xenon)... or LS430's (if you could get em!)

Nice fixed headlights. OMG they are expensive!:eek:

-Do the have a high beam and DOT approved? :confused:
-Are there any similar replicas at a decent price? :confused:

I have a set of these, and they are really, as stated, horrible quality; I purchased the GT04 version, in carbon fiber, and was stunned to open the box and discover the carbon fiber was actually a fake cf vinyl sticker, bunched around the light.

The headlights use an H4 dual filliment bulb, for high/low, and lighting is adequate; there is no DOT stamp on the lights, as there is no projector for approval, and the lights themselves are simply fiberglass containers holding a metal bracket for the H4 bulb, with a clear lexan cover - there is nothing really to approve.

As far as 'similar replicas at a decent price' - these are the replicas, of the OEM lights... either purchase OEM, or buy these as a project. In my case, because I did not want to install these lights onto my nsx, I am spending double the money to remake them in carbon fiber, and install bixenon HID projectors into them - the cost will also be twice that of OEM lights :frown:

Here are pictures of my lights, as delivered:

Picture%20007mini.jpg

Picture%20011mini.jpg

Picture%20019mini.jpg

Picture%20024mini.jpg

Picture%20027mini.jpg

Picture%20029mini.jpg

Picture%20031mini.jpg

It's hard to get a sense for the quality, as these are from a cell phone, but you can see the bunched up vinyl on the edges, etc.

Here is a recent pic of the remade carbon fiber housing:

sdfmini.jpg

This is the project that has been delaying my car, they should be done in around 3 weeks time.

In general most of the carbon fiber JDM parts have not really impressed me. Unless you feel you have to have the bling just get the FRP.

I thought they were ok. Dan gave me a good deal on them. Like everything JDM for the NSX- expensive and just good enough. It's a race grade part. If you just stick with Halogen they are in fact lighter than OE due to missing brackets/motor, etc... but of course far worse on actual performance/quality/optics versus OEM 02's. In the end probably just better to just gut / modify them it's one half dozen of another. Whatever people want.

I really don't need head lamps, I didn't have any for a whole summer. However, if you are still streeting it's nice to have something in there for those unexpected late evenings.... and I suppose having turn signals is nice too on gas runs.

attachment.php

In general most of the carbon fiber JDM parts have not really impressed me. Unless you feel you have to have the bling just get the FRP.

There is no Carbon Fiber version; as I outlined in my post, I purchased the 'GT04 carbon fiber', and the product that arrived was FRP, covered in a vinyl faux-cf pep boy's sticker.

There is no Carbon Fiber version; as I outlined in my post, I purchased the 'GT04 carbon fiber', and the product that arrived was FRP, covered in a vinyl faux-cf pep boy's sticker.

Ok, well- there was a CFRP version when I placed my order, anyway. :cool:

The body was entirely fiberglass mat on mine which I expected. However, I didn't bother to peel off the lexan and check the top layer either. As I recall I paid the FRP price but got the CFRP, so no complaints here. :smile:

As you can tell, my expectations are usually set pretty low. I got a package at my door so half the battle was already won. :wink:

Back