• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pics of my Car (Photoshop help please)

Hey everyone,
So I finally took some pics of the car. I tried to find cool backgrounds and stuff however the shots look kinda amateur-ish. I have no knowledge about photography at all, I hear people taking about "shutter speed" and "megapixels" and that kinda crap and I have no clue what any of it means.

I was hoping there some photoshop gurus out there that could mess around with some of the shots to make them look better, maybe black and white or something cool that I dont even know about that will make my pics look good. Id love to see what you guys come up with!

Also, comments about the car are welcome. I just finished her up this year :smile:

Thanks
Marc

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

HAWT!! that thing is set up just right! haven't really seen a good pic of the mode4 front bumper yet on a black nsx, but yours puts it out well. now i might have to look into the mode4 bumper and the other 02+ updates and still keep the flip ups.

what's the clearance for you on that front...i know you're lowered on coilovers, but what's it between the bottom lip and the ground?:rolleyes:

Damn bro that thing looks great with those wheels. You are making me want to go to black:) There is nothing better then seeing Toronto in the background too, go leafs:) I miss that city so much!

Haha sorry you asked for it:)

bigbird.jpg

Last edited:
That before/after pic is EXACTLY what I was talking about!
How do I get high resolution pics? Do I have to re-take the pics with a better camera? or does posting them on prime make them lower res? (Im such a dumbass with this stuff:redface:)

Also, I couldnt stop laughing at the first chop... I was big-bird for halloween 2 years ago!

Keep em comming guys....

Marc

Your car looks great! Love the look with the wheels...my favorite shot is the one in front of the Graffiti then the shot with CN Tower across the water.

Your car looks great, and the bumper is really nice looking. However, time and time again when I see people with 19" wheels on the pop-up headlight front end.....there is something that is wrong with it. 19" wheels just dont seem to fit with the flat front end of our pop-up lights.

I am not knocking your car, it looks great. I just think that 19s are too big and SUV blingy for our front ends. Just my opinion.

Looking good! The only thing I would recommend to really "finish" your car is a FULL professional detail to remove all the swirls.

Totally!
Theres a guy that works out of Toronto Lambourghini that does cars for cash on the side. I ve been planning to bring it there all season but every time I have a day off, or afternoon to spend with the car I end up just driving it :redface:

When it comes down to it, megapixels really doesn't mean anything. It is basically a gimick to attract people to the point and shoot cameras. What you need is a nice slr camera. There are many adjustments that you can learn over time, but simply using one in "auto" mode will get you light years beyond what a point and shoot will get you.

Great looking car! Love the bumper!

When it comes down to it, megapixels really doesn't mean anything. It is basically a gimick to attract people to the point and shoot cameras. What you need is a nice slr camera. There are many adjustments that you can learn over time, but simply using one in "auto" mode will get you light years beyond what a point and shoot will get you.

Great looking car! Love the bumper!

This is not necessarily true... This is someone who doesn't need to spend $2500-$5000 on a DSLR...

My Powershot G10 is the perfect blend of professional features vs affordability and portability. (You can even use the same lenses with the G10 that u can use w/ the DSLR's w/ an adapter) Carrying around a DSLR with multiple lenses everywhere you go is just not practical and you're just asking to get it stolen by someone.

DSLR's are great for pro photo shoots but how many times would the regular joe do that? Once or twice a year?

Most point and shoots are more than enough for most people...

Megapixels do matter but its only one of the variables... a 1megapixel camera won't take the same quality pictures as say a 14.7Megapixel camera will but ISO, shutter speed and light sensitivity, as do what lenses you're using all come into play with photography.

Last edited:
Carrying around a DSLR with multiple lenses everywhere you go is just not practical and you're just asking to get it stolen by someone.

I've been carrying around camera bodies and lenses in a bag for 30 years and I've never had anything stolen. It's also much more practical because my shooting composition constantly changes and I sometimes need to change lenses. Having a camera with a fixed lens, of lets say 6.0mm-66mm F3.5, will not be nearly as good as one of my smallest lenses for my DSLR.

Most point and shoots are more than enough for most people...

Megapixels do matter but its only one of the variables... a 1megapixel camera won't take the same quality pictures as say a 14.7Megapixel camera will but ISO, shutter speed and light sensitivity, as do what lenses you're using all come into play with photography.

There are some major flaws in these statements. First, point and shoot cameras have terrible shutter speeds. Have you ever tried to take a picture of a moving object with a p&S digital camera? It's almost impossible to stop the action and get the image centered in the picture.

Second, megapixels have little to do with image quality. I can take a 2.0 megapixel picture in RAW and it will look better than the same picture taken at 10+ megapixels in jpeg.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of what you said. However, you can get into an introductory dslr for less than $500. Also, megapixels mean something up to around 6 or so. From there, the rest of the bits you discussed make all the difference.

That being said, a nice point and shoot can still create a fantastic picture!

Back