• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pioneer Avic N-4 any opinions on this unit?

I have a Pioneer Avic N-1 and want to upgrade to something (sooner or later) that would give me iPod control and Bluetooth phone integration and better GPS navigation.

The Avic N-4 appears to have these functions and it may fit easily into the space occupied by my Avic N-1.

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the new Pioneer Avic N-4?

Much thanks for any comments.

I had the N1 and upgraded to the N2 and i love it (mostly because i'm directionally challenged). It seems like pioneer added some of the features from the z1/z2 unit, which is nice. I've had my N2 for about 2 years now and love it. I think upgrading to the N4 would be a good decision especially because it has updated maps, POI's, etc (my n2 doesn't always take me the fastest way to get where i'm going). You might want to try to find an electronics place that sells them and try it out first. Not every company's ipod interface is the greatest.

I have the N3 installed and other than a few things like looking up a place of interest being really hard. The unit is great

Because of the adjustable angle of the screen I can adjust angles throughout the day or direction I'm going to reduce flare. The iPod link is great (although a little slow) the look is great. I'm very happy with the choice.

I especially liked the one button hack for DVD playback on the N3. Not that I use it... But If I wanted to. I could.

I have the XM-Traffic Module - TV Tuner - Handsfree - Voice command - Backup view camera - iPod Link.

I called Pioneer Electronics and they tell me that the Avic-N4 does not have any voice recognition so it will not voice dial.
Too bad.
I wanted a system to give me voice dial that is missing from the iPhone.
Any recommendations anyone?

My center console is already packed full of 5 gauges & other goodies and I only have room for a single DIN.
I may consider adding a navigation pod.

My center console is already packed full of 5 gauges & other goodies and I only have room for a single DIN.
I may consider adding a navigation pod.

yea i was looking at that earlier and it seemed like a pretty good solution. Although from what i was reading on here it sounds like the z1 & z2 won't fit, but don't quote me.

I havn't seen any pictures of an nsx with a flip-out screen like the n4 and i'd like to. Do you have any?

I'd be happy to take pics of my Avic-N1 but I don't know how to post them on Prime.
If you tell me how, I will.....or I could send them to an email address.

Back