• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

POKER RALLY

Just wanted to send congrats and thanks to Larry Bastanza (as well as to his lovely bride and children) for a great outing today. We had more than 20 NSX's and more than 40 attendees. Everything went smoothly including the 2 "lost groups" who worked together as a team and managed to find their way out of oblivion and back to the caravan.

I took a lot of digital photos of the event and will send a CD of them to anyone for the asking. I will send them at full resolution as shot on a 6 megapixel digital SLR in case anyone wants to print their own copies. Email me a snail mail address and I'll burn a CD for you.

Thanks again for everything Larry!

Bob

I second the above!We have a great group of nsx enthusiasts in the N.E.As usual a well planned and tricky
wink.gif
route.Plus lots of great giveaways that Trish and I seemed to hoard.

Originally posted by docjohn:
I second the above!We have a great group of nsx enthusiasts in the N.E.As usual a well planned and tricky
wink.gif
route.Plus lots of great giveaways that Trish and I seemed to hoard.

Well at least you were nice enough to give back one of the gifts.....but i still say it was a FIX FIX FIX !!...lol..j/k

This was my first nsx event and it was much more then i expected ... turn out was great and the road coarse was awesome. If my car charger for the video cam didnt burn out i would have video coverage of the whole run...Ohh well just have to do it again next week....How bout it gang ?

Did everyone wash there cars when they got home ?

Anyway id like to thank Larry B and his family and the other members and sponsors for a safe n great day of driving and fun.

[This message has been edited by NyC NsX (edited 10 August 2002).]

[This message has been edited by NyC NsX (edited 10 August 2002).]

Great day, great event, great cars, great group of people. Does anyone else feel that these events are more like family reunions than a car club? Good to see and meet all of the new folks who attended, looking forward to future events. Thanks so much to Larry B. and family for all the hard work and effort, and thanks to all the photographers who took so many pictures.

Cut and paste from my post to the northeast list:

I just wanted to express my thanks to Larry and the sponsors for this years Poker Rally, I had a blast. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting some new faces. As most of you heard, I'm getting married a week from yesterday and the guy that came with me was my fiance's matron of honor's husband. He is now trying to figure out how he can get an NSX (I had to promise I'd give him back the mechanic's engine cover thingy he won when he gets his (thank you Honda Acura World). His highlight of the day were the four lane twisties leading up to the park with the monument, and I had to agree until....... damn you Don Gallo!!

What can I say, I've never been in forced induction NSX before. Don first took me for a ride in his, and from the passenger seat, it felt quick but I really wasn't getting it, then he pulled over and told me to drive. It sort of took some getting used to, I'm used to turbo vehicles with gobs of torque (450+ lbs at the wheels) that just suddenly kick you in the ass at certain poiints, so it's sort of a lurching exercise. There was none of that here, I was just suddenly going REALLY REALLY fast. This was also the first car with short gears I'd driven and I'm hooked on those as well now. The thing just stays in the power band and just keeps accelerating. Driving his car also made me realize I think I need new shocks (what are you running in yours Don?)

I'd like to say this purchase is on my short list, but as many of you now also know, two weeks after my wedding, I'm off to federal prison for 15-18 months for "conspiracy to commit copyright infringement", and after I get out I'll be paying legal bills until I'm 200 years old (at the rate I'm paying them now). I'm the first person in the US ever to go to prison for this, lucky me. Prior to me, even people SELLING pirated software on ebay just received probation (which I was in no way doing, that's clearly wrong and is a crime). I realize now what I did was wrong too and I was stupid for being involved, but the punishment doesn't fit the crime thanks to groups like the SIIA, SPA and BSA throwing millions at congress. The whole thing is pretty ricockulous (as Doug H likes to say) but there you have it. You're welcome to read the WSJ article about my case at www.nema.com/wsj .My next event will probably be NSXPO 2004, so I will miss you all, and the lists and the forums and my car and most of all my fiance until then.

As asked for, my address there is
XXX-XXXXX (my prisoner ID which I don't know, email my fiance after 9/1 to get it at [email protected])
FMC DEVENS CAMP
PO BOX 879
AYER, MA 01432

I'd also like to make a couple of suggestions for future events:

1. It would be great when whoever is making the route map if they could bring a GPS and record the route, and then upload it so others can download it to their GPS' to avoid getting lost like run groups yellow and blue
smile.gif

2. Lunch was fantastic, but it would be greatly appreciated if we had it at lunch time rather than dinner time
smile.gif
. We were STARVING (as were many others). Part of that was because we got lost which delayed everything,
which idea one should help avoid. Thank you Larry's family for helping out so much and preparing everything for everyone.

3. My fiance's idea (nobody actually said anything about this, but it just made sense): How about each person being able to play a poker hand (just provide different decks of cards to each person in the car to avoid trading). My guest paid as much as I did to be there, the poker game is a lot of fun, it just makes sense that each person would get a poker hand.

4. Again my fiance's idea (nobody commented on this either, and while I personally could care less, it again did made sense so I'll put it out here as food for thought). If there is a per car park entrance fee, and the event registration costs are covering that, then cars with two people should get a slight discount.

Thank you again Don for letting me enjoy something I will probably not be able to afford for a very long time, it was truly my highlight of the event and the week (last week that is, the new week started today and I'd better say that my highlight this week is my wedding or I'll suffer
smile.gif
). See you all in 2004!

Cheers, Rob

Dawna and I had a great time at the Poker Rally -- Thanks Larry!!

It was great to see many of you again, and as always, great to meet new folks. I'm glad that the Northeast NSXers have really hit a critical mass with these events, and that there are som many to attend! (OK, that doesn't mean there won't be another River Run or Banzai Blast...).

Hey Rob, you're the first convicted criminal to drive my car ;-(

Man, I didn't realize YOU were the guy the feds decided to hold up as an example. Youch. Glad you got such a hoot from the supercharger -- I hope your prison time goes as quickly as an NSX with the Comptech SC <g>.

------------------
Don Gallo
'92 NSX Black/Black "4RE-NVME"
'00 S2000 Silver/Red "LOTSA GS"

Im finally done making this photo album...the images are not high resolution but there viewable...also there are four videos i loaded ...i tried to play them but had no luck ... If you download them first im sure they will work.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291506847

[This message has been edited by NyC NsX (edited 11 August 2002).]

[This message has been edited by NyC NsX (edited 11 August 2002).]

Back