• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Poll: 1 R8 or 2 NSXs?

What would you rather have?

• Two NSXs

Votes: 71 55.0%
  • One Audi R8

Votes: 58 45.0%

• Total voters
Hypothetical (maybe) question: would you rather have 1 Audi R8 or 2 NSXs? I'm curious to hear your thoughts. :smile:

Why the hell would anyone want two of the same thing?
Why not go and enjoy something different
Why try the same thing every single day, no matter how good it might be.
Some people just have a hard time letting go and looking onward and forward.

Zaid

I will have to say that I was lucky to actually be in that situation where I had one R8 and two NSX's at the same time.
Given one or the other, I would go with the R8. It truly is an amazing car that has to be experienced.
I'm not sure what you would do with two NSX's, unless you plan to have one dedicated to the track. To be honest, I have barely driven my widebody NSX in years. That's probably why it still has less than 60k miles.
In the 7 years I've owned both, I still haven't been able to justify why. I think that's one of the biggest reasons why I plan to sell one of them.

If you have the opportunity, an ideal scenario is having one NSX and the R8.

Two NSXs.

The NSX is a great daily driver, a great track car, fun to work on and modify, and a popular garage queen/collectors item.

But, one single NSX can't be all those things. I'd really like three:

-Reliable, mostly-stock high mileage daily driver
-Tweak it/mod it/tear it apart and learn everything about it track car
-Pristine low mileage rare color to keep under a cover on a lift

Much rather have that than a single R8.

Technically it's more like 2.48 NSX's:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hup_8uDXJx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 mint unicorn NA2
1 track hoor 91/92

It's not as if the R8 has any additional utility.

I have 2 NSXs, both were FI at one point, now turbo and NA. I have driven, like canyon driven, an R8 and it just feels so heavy compared to NSX. R8 shifter... sucks, I think my old Starion shifts better. I have added close to 50K miles on both my NSXs in 9 total years. I wouldn't take an R8 for both of them. I would rather have 1 gallardo and 2 NSXs tho.:biggrin:

two 2002+:biggrin:? yes

R8 in a heartbeat, I've had and currently enjoyed the NSX, time to enjoy something more modern and from what I'm hearing their also very reliable.

I have an 03 right now...get's mistaken for a "Ferrari" quite a bit being Red on Tan...so maybe get a Ferrari with the same color combo to really confuse people :D. Honestly I would want to have the R8 along with the NSX. Don't want to sell the X (cause it's one of my favorite cars and has been for a looong time) and see it as a waste of money to buy another when I could be putting that money towards another car I would like to experience.

I am not a R8 fan but I still voted for it as car variety is key. The only way I would want a 2nd NSX is if it was a 850wheel Turbo car. The problem is, there are others cars that get to 850wheel much more efficiently than a NSX which brings me back to the variety key. I like all sorts of cars so having 2 of the same seams uneventful.

Hypothetical (maybe) question: would you rather have 1 Audi R8 or 2 NSXs? I'm curious to hear your thoughts. :smile:

The other qualifying question to make this poll worth a darn is for people giving the opinion to have actually spent significant time driving both the R8 and NSX, otherwise it is a pretty much useless opinion. In short, it should have proper experience data to base the decision.

I love the NSX (obviously), but after spending about 350 miles driving an Audi R8, I can tell you that if I was faced with this decision I would take the single R8. It really is a fantastic car, and reminded me of what I imagine the NSX could have been if Acura kept delevoping it. So in a bit of irony, I would choose the R8 because it reminds me of a more modern NSX. Go figure. :tongue:

Last edited:
The other qualifying question to make this poll worth a darn is for people giving the opinion to have actually spent significant time driving both the R8 and NSX, otherwise it is a pretty much useless opinion. In short, it should have proper experience data to base the decision.

I love the NSX (obviously), but after spending about 350 miles driving an Audi R8, I can tell you that if I was faced with this decision I would take the single R8. It really is a fantastic car, and reminded me of what I imagine the NSX could have been if Acura kept delevoping it. So in a bit of irony, I would choose the R8 because it reminds me of a more modern NSX. Go figure. :tongue:

I disagree.. people don't have to have driven both or owned both to qualify to answer this simple poll. If it were "After driving both, which do you prefer?" then I would completely agree. Buts its a raw opinion question based on whatever criteria the person voting on decides it to be. The question, and it's base point, appears to represent a price to price comparison. At market value, you can get 2 NSX's for the price of 1 R8..if that is the case, which do you prefer and why? Nothing more, nothing less.

2 NSX's... 91 and 02+... there is no scenario where i would have 0 NSX's.

I will take the 2 NSXs.A black NA1 and a white NA2.And then maybe one day get the 2015 to complete the family LOL :biggrin:

I will take the 2 NSXs.A black NA1 and a white NA2.And then maybe one day get the 2015 to complete the family LOL :biggrin:

you mean an 02+ like me? because i don't see any reason to own two flip up headlight models, unless maybe one was a Zanardi edition.

^^^ thought you hated the bug eyes?

Back