• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Porsche new Cayman S---Phenomenal

I drove the PDK versions of new Cayman, Cayman S, Carrera 4, and Carrera 4S today at Sears Point today. The Cayman S is simply awesome. It is quick and nimble more so than my NA2 coupe. It is not a fair comparison between a 1990 car and a 2013 car and I would just leave it as that. I was driving all 4 cars in full automatic mode. The PDK kept itself in the right gears all the time. I did not even bother using the pedal shifter but just modulating the throttle. I do not see a future for the full manual stick shift given the current developments of PDK.
Steve

The Cayman is the new 911 -- a mid-engine Porsche is the future for them.

Steve! You forgot to bring me as your guest !
I'm also very impressed with the PDK at the track. Heck, PDK made my wife a faster driver than me on the Panamera/Cayenne autocross. Yet, on the drive home, as slow and clumsy as I am with the manual transmission, I think I have more fun shifting gears on my own.

Ed,
I was someone else's last minutes guest so I was lucky as heck. PDK all the way. I found myself concentrating on the lines instead of being distracted on gear selections/heel and toe. The Cayman S is gorgeous to boot.
Steve

I liked an older 08 caymen s at the track I can only imagine the newest version is great..my only issue is the somewhat high dash that reduces my sight line compared to our amazing sitting in the front car of the roller coaster nsx.

Back