• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Porsche / NSX Magazine Article

There is a comparison article in Total 911 magazine. In the magazine the compare the NA1 NSX to the Porsche 964. The NSX compared favorably in the magazine. Did anyone else see the article?

its funny that they often compare a 2010 Model car with a 1991 NSX.

why not compare it to a 2010 vs 2010? I wonder?

its because the NSX was ahead of it time and can still out perform most cars today. handling wise. now we all know we need another 50HP to fully hold down the fort on the street now-adays

its funny but our car is not an EXOTIC? yeah right.

keepin it real............but its hard work man.....just sayin...

I owned one of these, but it was the Carrera4 version.
I would agree with the article. The NSX is just so much more satisfying.
The C4 would leak oil constantly (a tiny drop each interval, but it always leaked somewhere), and I had problems with the dual mass flywheel (which Porsche ultimately covered because it was a case-to case basis for what some owners considered to be a design flaw- thank you Porsche!).
It was nice to have the two small seats in the back, and being that it was the first in the market to have the automatic rear spoiler to pop up at speed, hilarious to see people's reactions to it who were driving behind me.
It was a beautiful Baltic Blue color, and had the great Porsche engine boxer sound. The all-wheel drive was computer-controlled, derived from the 959 (not like the viscous-coupling from the 993-on), and worked pretty well.

However, I sold it and shortly after, replaced it with my first NSX. I have good memories of the C4, but they are greatly overshadowed by my excellent impressions of my experience with NSX's.

I owned one of these, but it was the Carrera4 version.
I would agree with the article. The NSX is just so much more satisfying.
The C4 would leak oil constantly (a tiny drop each interval, but it always leaked somewhere), and I had problems with the dual mass flywheel (which Porsche ultimately covered because it was a case-to case basis for what some owners considered to be a design flaw- thank you Porsche!).
It was nice to have the two small seats in the back, and being that it was the first in the market to have the automatic rear spoiler to pop up at speed, hilarious to see people's reactions to it who were driving behind me.
It was a beautiful Baltic Blue color, and had the great Porsche engine boxer sound. The all-wheel drive was computer-controlled, derived from the 959 (not like the viscous-coupling from the 993-on), and worked pretty well.

However, I sold it and shortly after, replaced it with my first NSX. I have good memories of the C4, but they are greatly overshadowed by my excellent impressions of my experience with NSX's.

All 911s leak just a little. A drop after a run - that's nothing for a 911. The only 964s that were pretty much fixed at the factory were the last year models. There were a lot of problems with the early ones as in 89 1/2 and thru 92 1/2 somewhere in there they got all the dual mass fly wheels changed over the LUK fly wheels and then there was the dual distributer. Oh boy I could go on.....but I'll spare everyone. The 993 was a big improvement. That's all I'll say on it. Even the 993 had issues. They all have except for maybe the 3.2 87 - 89s. They were pretty much right well actually the 89 model was the only one of the series that was completely worked out at the factory. That's the problem with Porsches - they all have some kind of achilles heel till maybe just maybe the DFI models since 2009. The jury is still out but seriously the 997s were all pretty good except for a small percentage that is....do ya feel lucky punk...well do ya. I never really felt lucky....

That's why I went to the NSX myself...!!!

Compare an NSX to the early 944 S Turbo----other then style---it's a toss up as to which is the better car. Compare it to a 928S4---the Porsche Super GT car----with a couple of chips, the Porsche became a Corvette Killer and was the fastest car they produced for several years. Where the NSX come out on top, is STYLE---. All three had excellent quality, similar price points, and their share of minor problems ie. high cost of service and parts availability issues. BUT, with the three of them parked outside your office, which one do you want to jump into~~~. NOW THAT'S THE KEY!

Compare an NSX to the early 944 S Turbo----other then style---it's a toss up as to which is the better car. Compare it to a 928S4---the Porsche Super GT car----with a couple of chips, the Porsche became a Corvette Killer and was the fastest car they produced for several years. Where the NSX come out on top, is STYLE---. All three had excellent quality, similar price points, and their share of minor problems ie. high cost of service and parts availability issues. BUT, with the three of them parked outside your office, which one do you want to jump into~~~. NOW THAT'S THE KEY!

I would jump into Porsche, because I already have been in the other two:tongue:

I would jump into Porsche, because I already have been in the other two:tongue:

Yeah, me too, I've always wanted to drive a 928S4 or is the previous poster talking about the 968??? The 928 was a Corvette killer cause it had a V8 - I'm sure he's talking about that. Yep that one or the GTS version of that - which is the top of the line 928. A good one can still be a fun car - a poorly maintained one - well - it would kill you repair bill wise! Last months Excellence mag highlighted the 928 in the buyers guide section - I read it religously.

Back