• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Post your most recent picture of your NSX...

1395246_10201626628099188_625268341_n.jpg

Looking good Jean :cool:

I think you're commenting on the placement TURBO2GO, and I agree, not the best. Besides the obvious reason for using pins, I was also trying to tame a slightly ill-fitting fiberglass hood.

One day I'd like to graft the center (I do like the middle part) onto a metal hood. Fitment solved, no pins needed.

I think you're commenting on the placement TURBO2GO, and I agree, not the best. Besides the obvious reason for using pins, I was also trying to tame a slightly ill-fitting fiberglass hood.

One day I'd like to graft the center (I do like the middle part) onto a metal hood. Fitment solved, no pins needed.

Car looks great. Not a fan of the hood pins, but if you color match them it shouldn't look all that bad!

Or you can get a hood that fits. My DF hood fits perfect, I didn't even align anything I installed it myself in 2 minutes. Been 5 years and 5 seasons of brutal New England cold and hot, car washes, etc.... still looks perfect. What kind is the one you have? Also, I added the latches only as a safety item on the track and I went with the mini-latch. You can hardly see them. Might be too late for you though if the aero latch requires a large hole. I think I would maybe paint them. Problem is 3 fold. They are black on a red hood, they are big, and they are sitting at an angle. HIGHLY visible like a couple of warts. I mean if you are OK with it... this is just my opinion. I don't like hood pins in general. That is why I went with such a low profile small one and painted it.

21505fd5c919ab6030ba0c652b54f985_zps8ba06020.jpg

A705DFD7-6C00-4EB8-B447-E2251A7F5A27-7833-000004A4D1D0D70A_zps34c6d4df.jpg

Last edited:

All better, lol.

EDIT -

Or you can get a hood that fits. My DF hood fits perfect, I didn't even align anything I installed it myself in 2 minutes. Been 5 years and 5 seasons of brutal New England cold and hot, car washes, etc.... still looks perfect. What kind is the one you have? Also, I added the latches only as a safety item on the track and I went with the mini-latch. You can hardly see them. Might be too late for you though if the aero latch requires a large hole. I think I would maybe paint them. Problem is 3 fold. They are black on a red hood, they are big, and they are sitting at an angle. HIGHLY visible like a couple of warts. I mean if you are OK with it... this is just my opinion. I don't like hood pins in general. That is why I went with such a low profile small one and painted it.

I hear you on the hood that fits, this hood was on the car when I bought it and I've only been driving the car since June (bought it sight unseen in April).

Yeah, they're big holes. I could paint them actually.. I have the right paint in the den. I don't mind them but I will still be rid of them eventually.

So, since I don't know - does anyone here know what hood I have based on the pics?

Last edited:
what brand type-r hood would you recommend? been debating on getting a R hood.

Diddy last time I talked about this I had a few people PO'ed so I will just say this: My experience has been with Downforce. Fitment is one thing, fitment over time is another thing. A lot of people say "my hood fits perfect", question is how will your hood look after 5 years in the sun, cold, and rain. My downforce has held up perfectly. Before making purchases I try to really investigate and there is a process to making these that are not all the same. The coatings are not the same, the baking is not the same, etc. Peter at DF does go to great lengths to try to insure his products last. They are tough to get a hold of but not impossible.

Diddy last time I talked about this I had a few people PO'ed so I will just say this: My experience has been with Downforce. Fitment is one thing, fitment over time is another thing. A lot of people say "my hood fits perfect", question is how will your hood look after 5 years in the sun, cold, and rain. My downforce has held up perfectly. Before making purchases I try to really investigate and there is a process to making these that are not all the same. The coatings are not the same, the baking is not the same, etc. Peter at DF does go to great lengths to try to insure his products last. They are tough to get a hold of but not impossible.

DF was actually the first place i was going to look in to. i have a DF R spoiler and have been very happy with it. havent really researched the hood at all still trying to decide if i want to go that route. lately ive been seeing a lot of R hoods and ive been liking them more.

The OEM hood is a cleaner look IMO... but less aggressive. I like extra ventilation of the hood. Still the OEM hood is the absolute best fit. The downforce hood was moulded off a genuine $10K R hood imported.

The OEM hood is a cleaner look IMO... but less aggressive. I like extra ventilation of the hood. Still the OEM hood is the absolute best fit. The downforce hood was moulded off a genuine $10K R hood imported.

i absolutely love the R hood on the 02+ front end, just the jury is out out on the 91-01 front end. which is what i have.

We should move on. This thread isn't the best place for a hood discussion.

Recent trip up through the Sandia Mountains.
IMG_2472.jpg

Last edited:
32" wheel and 26" rotor upgrade. That's how I roll.

601537_3621642076798_512418212_n_zpsdb6b5a62.jpg

Last edited:
Back