• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

power steering

hi I am new to the forum and am interested in buying an nsx.

I just test drove a nice one. it seemed to be a good shape. the steering seemed pretty heavy though. I even asked the guy if it had power steering and he said yes, that the car always drove like that.

Does the NSX's steering is particularly heavy or is it just like any other honda. ( I have a civic del sol and it is fairly light).

thanks

what year was the nsx that you test drove? all 5 speed 91-94's have no power steering, the auto's from every year have power steering. From 95 + all nsx's have power steering with the exception of the Alex Zanardi edition ones.

what year was the nsx that you test drove? all 5 speed 91-94's have no power steering, the auto's from every year have power steering. From 95 + all nsx's have power steering with the exception of the Alex Zanardi edition ones.

it was a 93. thanks for the info. by the way. it has 80k miles , seems in a good shape and the guy wants 27500 for it. everything is stock expcet, LED lights, and upgraded ACURA nsx rims from 97 (i believe)
most nsx's I have seen for this price are from 91. is it unusual to find a 93 for this price?

If his car is not a auto, than it definitely does not have power steering. The mileage would be considered somewhat high for a 93, but it really depends on the vehicle's history, service records, and how many nsx's are sale around your area, or if the guy just wants to sell it for cheap for quick sale.

The power steering is coming from your arms (also known as armstrong steering). That's why the steering feels heavy at slow speeds.:biggrin:

Find out if T belt and H2O pump has placed, if not, you have little more bargaining power.

Back