• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy PRIDE NA1/NA2 Test Pipes, Resonated Test Pipes, High Flow Cats, & CEL Fix

Just want to say these HFC are great and Mark's customer service was once again top notch. No smell or soot on the bumper and the fitment was perfect. There was a stripped bolt in the bolt pack that comes with the cats, so I would recommend you test them all on the bench before ripping your exhaust off the car, or you might end up stuck like me. My NSX is not due for smog until next year, so we'll have to wait and see how they do. Also, for reference purposes, the stock 91-94 cats are 600 cell ceramic.

I installed my Circuit Werks exhaust on my 93 less than 2 weeks ago. Quality, fitment, and pricing is great! The tone of the exhaust I would say is quieter than a gen 1 Comptech. There is more of an aggressive growl upon startup and low acceleration. Pretty quiet on the highway, even when hitting vtec engagement. I do have an issue with the tip finish.

Both Pride V2 and Circuit Werks exhaust I ordered for myself and a customer had a little chipping at the end of the tips, which I assumed might be slight damage during shipping. I emailed Mark right away and he said it was normal for burnt tips. The customer didnt complain, so we let it go. But a few days after install, the Circuit Werks tips started losing its burnt finish. At first, I thought it was possibly some residue burning off from the saran wrap that was on it when the exhaust was packaged and all i would have to do it clean it off. But when I actually got close enough to clean it, i noticed it was actually chipping / peeling off. Mark has stated he has seen a couple like this before and wasnt quite sure what is causing it.
Ill be using some metal polish to clean it up and opefully it will be presentable even though the burnt finish wont be there. If not, Mark has already stated he will warranty exchange me a new exhaust with polished and give me a refund for the additional cost i paid for the burnt tips. Which is better than nothing, but i really wanted the burnt tip look. If the polishing removes all that chipped coating, i may burn them myself....

FYI, the car is garaged, and no chemicla has touched the tips in my possession. Whatever the coating is, it doent look heat resistant.

Anyone else having this issue on PRIME?

Attachments

• 20140714_132039.jpg
    20140714_132039.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 263
  • 20140714_132049.jpg
    20140714_132049.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 268
any issue with the resonated pipes and the Borla anytime exhaust on a 93. I would like it a little louder than with the stock cats.

You shouldn't have an issue.

I just bought and installed resonated test pipes and they fit and install perfectly.

I installed my Circuit Werks exhaust on my 93 less than 2 weeks ago. Quality, fitment, and pricing is great! The tone of the exhaust I would say is quieter than a gen 1 Comptech. There is more of an aggressive growl upon startup and low acceleration. Pretty quiet on the highway, even when hitting vtec engagement. I do have an issue with the tip finish.

Both Pride V2 and Circuit Werks exhaust I ordered for myself and a customer had a little chipping at the end of the tips, which I assumed might be slight damage during shipping. I emailed Mark right away and he said it was normal for burnt tips. The customer didnt complain, so we let it go. But a few days after install, the Circuit Werks tips started losing its burnt finish. At first, I thought it was possibly some residue burning off from the saran wrap that was on it when the exhaust was packaged and all i would have to do it clean it off. But when I actually got close enough to clean it, i noticed it was actually chipping / peeling off. Mark has stated he has seen a couple like this before and wasnt quite sure what is causing it.
Ill be using some metal polish to clean it up and opefully it will be presentable even though the burnt finish wont be there. If not, Mark has already stated he will warranty exchange me a new exhaust with polished and give me a refund for the additional cost i paid for the burnt tips. Which is better than nothing, but i really wanted the burnt tip look. If the polishing removes all that chipped coating, i may burn them myself....

FYI, the car is garaged, and no chemicla has touched the tips in my possession. Whatever the coating is, it doent look heat resistant.

Anyone else having this issue on PRIME?

This is weird.... never seen this happen before. This is my second exhaust with burnt tips and mines is still fine. Did you clean the exhaust with some kind of product before you installed the exhaust or clean it after you installed???

This is weird.... never seen this happen before. This is my second exhaust with burnt tips and mines is still fine. Did you clean the exhaust with some kind of product before you installed the exhaust or clean it after you installed???

Indeed, I have seen numerous Burnt Tipped Pride Exhausts and have never seen
anything like that. My burnt tips have been on for 2 years+ now and look as good
as the day they arrived.

I wiped it down for finger prints with a clean rag before starting it up. Mark had stated that the Circuit Werks exhaust are chemical coated for the burnt look. The Pride exhausts in the past used to have a titanium sleeve tip that slid on. Because the cost of the titanium has skyrocketed, he then started to actually burn the stainless tips. Not sure if the new Pride's are chemical coated now....

Yes, if the metal polish gets rid of this, it will be just a polished tip. I shouldnt be dealing with this 12 days after install, but Im willing to to see what has to be done to correct this . I will keep this updated here once I make prgress and hopefully it will benefit Mark in his production process or other Prime members that may come across this issue.

For clarification, this occured on the Circuit Werks exhauast. I have not yet contacted the Pride V2 owner to see if it occured on his yet.

I got the HiFlow 300 cel CATS a few days ago and installed them last Sat. with no issues, other than getting the old factory cats off.
Just for everyones info; I weighed the Pride cats at 9LB 9.4OZ. The mounting bolts weighed a little over a pound. The old factory cats weighed a bit over 22LBS. with hardware. I figured at least an 11LB weight savings.
I haven't had time to get out for a real test run yet, but it's a shame that something that looks that good, is buried under the car. Howard

Hello Guys!

Sorry, I've been extremely busy with many new projects growing into the BMW / Porsche market under a different brand and about 20+ new NSX products coming out this Spring/ Summer. Here are a few new products coming out as far as Test Pipes and HFC's:

00-01 NSX Straight Test Pipes / Resonated Test Pipes will be available April 2015
02-05 NSX Straight Test Pipes / Resonated Test Pipes / 300 Cel High Flow Cats will be available April 2015

Price increase effective April 1st, 2015 on the 91-94 & 95-99 Test Pipes and HFC's. Price TBD.

PRIDE V2 2.5" Exhaust will release in Spring along with a center exit exhaust that we will start in a couple of weeks!

I'll try to get my photographer to take better pictures of the products. Thank you very much for all your support PRIME!

Mark @ PRIDE

[email protected]

Mark
Pls put me down for.
1. V2 2.5 dual tip
2. Ti slip cover
3. Rtp or test pipes (ULEV version)
4. Exhaust Adaptors 02+

Thanks.

2002-2005 Resonated Test Pipes w/ CEL Fix Have ARRIVED!!

Stopped by Pride a week ago at Lunch and the 2002-2005 Test Pipes & Resonated Test Pipes have arrived.
They are very well made, Quality is Great / Typical Pride Product!

I haven't had a chance to install them yet but once installed I will post a clip with the current V2 Installed
with these Resonated Test Pipes as well as with his New V2/G2 RFL Exhaust. The New Exhaust Thread will
be started shortly after posting these pics... stay tuned!

Here you Go:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/188719-NEW-PRIDE-V2-G2RFL-Exhaust!

Heads up for the PM's, Calls or Emails ..... He's out of the Country right now but I'm sure he'll respond to
you once he returns.

Here's some pics of the 1st Set of Resonated (02-05) Test Pipes w/ CEL Fix.

[URL=http://s1251.photobucket.com/user/t-bodz/media/DSC04527_zpskpir338f.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1251.photobucket.com/user/t-bodz/media/DSC04528_zpsfu08pocx.jpg.html][/URL]

Last edited:
Yup. I recived my 2002-2005 test pipes last week along with the Pride V2 2.5.

One word = LOUD!!!!!

Lovin it!!!!

Yes Mark is currently out of the country.

Last edited:
Yup. I recived my 2002-2005 test pipes last week along with the Pride V2 2.5.

One word = LOUD!!!!!

Lovin it!!!!

Yes Mark is currently out of the country.

Did you get the V2RFL?

I replaced my quad v2 to the new V2 (2.5inch piping). Its only available in the Dual tip.

Yes!!! RFL
For the older demographic.
RFL = REALLY F...ING LOUD 😆
It is truly RFL if you are running without cats.

If your still running on the 2002-2005 oem cats, its just a little bit louder than the V2, not by much.

In honesty. Im runnin test pipes, Its loud but nice sounding loud.
I really like it.

Last edited:
Any chance for some sound clips? I'm interested to hear what it sounds like running totally open. What headers are you running? Sorry if I missed it if you told us already.

Here is a V2 2.5 with Test Pipes on 2004 NSX.

My cousin who was recording told me that his ears were hurting while recording the video 😆

https://instagram.com/p/1JvwL-mwwh/

Back