• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prime Always been like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACUR...3567005?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2571d4e29d

Buy it now for $21 k per E Bay write-up.

"THIS IS A MINT CONDITION CERTIFIED ACURA NSX TARGA TOP. I HAVE PAMPERED THIS CAR FOR THREE YEARS. IT HAS NEVER BEEN TOUCHED BY ANOTHER CAR AND NEVER SEEN THE RAIN OR SNOW GETS DRIVEN 3 MONTHS A YEAR IN THE SUMMER.IN THE WINTER IT IS STORED PROFESSIONALLY IN A HEATED GARAGE AND ALWAYS COVERED WHEN OUTSIDE FOR MORE THAN A COUPLE OF HOURS. I AM OBSESSIVE ABOUT MY CAR . ITS BEEN DETAILED ONCE A MONTH AND WASHED ONCE A WEEK IN THE SUMMER. IT IS MECHANICALLY PERFECT.NOBODY HAS EVER SMOKED OR EVEN DRUNK WATER IN MY CAR. ANY BUYER OF THIS CAR CAN HAVE THIS INSPECTED BY ACURA OR ANYONE ELSE QUALIFIED . REST ASSURED YOU ARE GETTING AN AMAZING EXAMPLE OF A MINT ACURA NSX VERY RARELY FOUND ANYWHERE. THE PROFESSIONAL CAR COVER IS INCLUDED AS IS ALL THE ORIGINAL MANUELS AND PAPERWORK.I CAN HEL WITH THE SHIPPING.PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR MORE INFO AND PICS.oNLY SERIOUS BUYERS WITH CASH IN HAND.BUY IT NOW ONLY 21k

Add just exudes potential buyer confidence. :rolleyes: But hey, price is right.

jh4na126xyt000011

I think I saw that ad a couple days ago but it no longer seems to be there. Scam? Don't recall the mileage.

I also saw a 97 with reasonable mileage for about 30K on cars.com but that ad is also no longer there. If it was for real I'm sure someone snapped it up.

All original Manuels made me lol. Who is Manuel and what makes him so original?

I think high end dealers like that Bentley dealer is smart for asking $89k since when parked around their typical cars of $150k+, the $89k looks like a cheap bargain (very smart marketing strategy)

Face it folks, if we all had the chance to sell our cars for a lot of money - who wouldn't? Every object has a price :)

As for the OP's question - who cares, low-ballers exist everywhere and it really is all in the art of negotiation. I have every right to make an offer and you can say no. This is how every business deal is struck from cars to houses and even buying a whole business.

Value is perceived and until someone writes a check we really don't have anything of true value.

spoken like a true successful business man.

As for the OP's question - who cares, low-ballers exist everywhere and it really is all in the art of negotiation. I have every right to make an offer and you can say no. This is how every business deal is struck from cars to houses and even buying a whole business.

Value is perceived and until someone writes a check we really don't have anything of true value.

Well, the truth is I haven't posted in a while... :tongue:
And when I do, it's not as bad. :cool:

reminds me of the Dos Equis commercial

mimitw-1.jpg

Yes, value is perceived. And when you have a flood of people "lowballing" on a forum (and I use the term in quotations because this isn't the typical private lowball offer, it's a public statement of speculation as if it were fact) it can bring down the perceived value of a car.

It's one thing when someone emails you privately and lowballs you at half price. It's another when you have a bunch of potential buyers saying things like "it should only go for XX,000.00 because of X, Y and Z (when in reality, they are just saying that so they can get the car they want at the price they can afford).

I don't care about lowball offers at all. But there were some members here making outrageous claims like "the price will be half in X years."

This behavior is just like wall street insiders manipulating the market with rumors and purposeful leaks--or the opposite of a pump and dump (a suck and buy maybe?) Both happen, but I am not a fan of either situation. In this case, we can actually do something about it.

Yes, value is perceived. And when you have a flood of people "lowballing" on a forum (and I use the term in quotations because this isn't the typical private lowball offer, it's a public statement of speculation as if it were fact) it can bring down the perceived value of a car.

It's one thing when someone emails you privately and lowballs you at half price. It's another when you have a bunch of potential buyers saying things like "it should only go for XX,000.00 because of X, Y and Z (when in reality, they are just saying that so they can get the car they want at the price they can afford).

I don't care about lowball offers at all. But there were some members here making outrageous claims like "the price will be half in X years."

This behavior is just like wall street insiders manipulating the market with rumors and purposeful leaks--or the opposite of a pump and dump (a suck and buy maybe?) Both happen, but I am not a fan of either situation. In this case, we can actually do something about it.

I honestly don't see those idiot lowball offers as a concern. Talk is cheap and everyone does it at some point. The mint / rare cars will always command $$$$ and in the end it's the owner (me) who decides what I want to sell for despite whatever someone else wants to pay.

Desperate sellers might have a problem but I think majority of the key players on here are not stressed for money. The NSX is really just a play toy and we own them because we want it. I can swap cars anytime I want but I chose the NSX because I like it.

But there were some members here making outrageous claims like "the price will be half in X years."

I have not seen any examples of that kind of irrational speculation on this forum, if you have please link them. I believe those of us who keep up with the market make educated guesses based on pricing guidelines combined with recent sales data, and adjust for necessary maintenance and repairs.

Again, I don't see a lot of Primers purposely devaluing other members' cars just to drive prices down. I do see a lot of sellers asking unreasonably high prices though, and those cars tend to sit regardless of how much talk there is surrounding them.

I have not seen any examples of that kind of irrational speculation on this forum, if you have please link them. I believe those of us who keep up with the market make educated guesses based on pricing guidelines combined with recent sales data, and adjust for necessary maintenance and repairs.

Again, I don't see a lot of Primers purposely devaluing other members' cars just to drive prices down. I do see a lot of sellers asking unreasonably high prices though, and those cars tend to sit regardless of how much talk there is surrounding them.

I'm not going to call out anyone in particular, but it was said. Either in this thread or another, I don't recall.

... Ok . Maybe off topic, maybe a one off.
I got a friend was offered equivalent USD92k cash for his 92 NSX. Like me he did the 02 conversion, and also Endless brakes, Bride seats etc...

I know the owner over 15 years and I know who offered him.
He just turned it down.

Back