• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Problem installing Comptech billet triangle brace‏

Hello
Just got this brace from a fellow prime members today and figured i spend a minute to install it...pretty easy..took about 45 min. However I have a problem! The targa top, or should I say the housing that cases the targa top does not sit flush and comes in contact with the two arms of the triangle. As a result the engine hatch won't close because of the gap that has been now created. I was assured by the prime member that this brace was for nsx-T and i would have no problem using everything as they are..in other words it would be a simple swap of oem brace for comptech brace. As such can someone please tell me what i am doin wrong and why targa housing comes in contact and won't sit flush.

Pics are below

PS what do you think of this red brace? keep it? ditch it? change color to aluminum/silver?

zaid

Attachments

• NSXRB1.jpg
    NSXRB1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 78
  • NSXRB3.jpg
    NSXRB3.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 67
  • photo(12).jpg
    photo(12).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 73
  • photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 102
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 88
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 74
  • photo(9).jpg
    photo(9).jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 68
  • photo(10).jpg
    photo(10).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 72
  • photo(11).jpg
    photo(11).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 62
  • photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    31 KB · Views: 58
  • photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
AFAIK, the Comptech brace will not work with the OEM targa engine cover. Comptech does make their own engine cover that would still allow storage of the targa top. I think their cover is more like a soft bag than the rigid OEM engine cover.

Edit: I thought you were trying to get around a blower thus using the Comptech bar for a supercharger. If it's the regular Comptech bar, I don't know why it's not working. I agree with the poster below about the STMPO bar. I had no problems using my OEM cover with it but have since gone with a DF cover.

Last edited:
I bought the same one for my 97spa yellow. I had the same issue. So I took my cover off and gazed how beautiful it looks with the hatch closed. The heck with that engine cover I said. If im gona drive around with the top off, I can stick it in the trunk. Not to mention the weight loss, and I had a strange faint noise before, and now its gone... so it was a win win.

Back