• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Product Review: Comptech Non-compliance bushing kit

This is a unbiased review of Comptech's non-compliance bushing kit (end link and rear beam kit)...

In my limited experience, I have three complaints about the NSX performance-wise.
1. Lots of sway
2. Clutch is weak
3. The rear end feels very loose and unsettled at high speed in sharp turns, especially with elevation and road surface changes.

I never figured out the last one until I had my latest NSX with Comptech's bushing kit and an otherwise stock suspension.

Comptech sells two kits... one for the end-links and one for the rear suspension beam (http://www.comptechusa.com/)

The difference in handling is night and day.

Here's a good review that I thought I'd steal from NSXPrime:

[BH] I didn't really notice anything peculiar until my first track day. In a high speed turn the rear end did not follow the front end for an instant of a second. Something in the rear end was absorbing (storing) energy that I wanted transmitted to the asphalt. I ultimately termed the sensation " checking-up " ( later I learned Comptech calls it "winding up" ) because the car would eventually bite once the rubber bushing compressed (or whatever it did). Even Porsche 911 types did not experience this sensation in their cars. Once I got used to it, it was no big deal, but I was not comfortable getting into the throttle before I felt the car check-up.

In the end, the aluminum bushings absolutely stopped the checking-up, and high speed turns have less drama associated with them. And the car feels solid and smooth throughout the turn. I think the ride is slightly stiffer, and you will need to get the car aligned after installation of the new bushings.

-- Chris

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Back