• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project NSX-R "cosmetic" conversion and non NSX-R related parts

Re: NA1.5 NSX-R project

ahahaha YA but u have 371 to the wheels and i have 350 = pissed off!!! lol jk. But seriously its killing me inside.

OH ya i agree with Vance, she isnt that flat and has an amazing body! Ithink shes only like 21:smile: :smile: :smile:

Another small step but big increase in fun factor. I can't stop playing with these.

I just picked up these momo steering wheels with quick release. These are fun, dropped another 10lbs over the oem steering wheels + airbag. The steering feel is lighter, more respondsive, quick, and the bulkiness is gone. Nothing get in my hand's way when I am in action. I can not recommend this mod enough.

1130935.jpg

Next to Vance's genuine NSX-R steering wheel:
1130939.jpg

1130940.jpg

Last edited:

jason got my personal "R" setup with the JDM Splash hub.
he had to have it "now" like all the other nsx guys. :)
he's got the option of adding cruise control buttons.
though he told me he never uses it, but knowing the ability to have it is a plus.
the Splash hub let's you keep the cable ribbon reel. its easier to install(atleast for me) an aftermarket wheel set up. when used with the my NRG quick release set up that i sell, it retains the stock length.
not too long, not too short.
unfortunatly, i only had one available and its quite expensive.

im out of a steering wheel so i had to put on my genuine NSX-R steering wheel and hub. i have to be honest but it feels different from what i had before that was almost identical.

might be the weight difference in less metal, or the aged leather.
but i took the 405 onramp curve at 65 last night with ease and very little effort.
not sure if it has to do with the 0w5 oil im using but the car feels lighter faster and more responsive.

The NSX-R steering wheel is thinner in the thickness of the metal "T" shape part of the wheel, also the leather grain is different, besides the obvious horn and surround,

Cheers,

AR

I love that wheel. Gets you the added functionality, makes the car look more updates, and the leather still retains the more luxury, stock feel of the car. You sold me on it. I've been on the fence about what wheel to go with. I am going to replicate your setup if i can. Props to you. Looks amazing!

awesome looking car, any interest in Selling yet?

Wow Jason.

You are going all out.

You must be hanging around Vance and Erick too much and must have caught the Type R virus.

Cheers. I love it. I can't wait till Hutch sees your car. He will go nuts.:smile:

nsxsupra said:
You are right, you are one lucky guy, I bet you are having too much fun with your NSX-R.:biggrin:

Thanks to you for pointing out the difference, now I have to exchange it. J/K, seriously I wouldn't want to change a thing, the small difference is not enough for me, unless the wheel was brand new. Regardless, the steering wheel is just plain fun, more room and nothing get in my hand's way during turnning. I think this is the very first mod every nsx owner should perform.

Thanks,

BTW I do like the MOMO wheels, so much I bought one for one of my Landcruiser Amazon ( 100 series 4.2 TD ) to replicate the feeling of the NSX-R when I am not driving it, but now no one makes a boss as it has the SRS Airbag!

Cheers,

AR

Just watched the videos. Can't wait for the new 02 bumper this coming January. Also make me want to repaint my car ala NSX-R. Maybe if my budget approve next year I will do it.

Beautifully done nsxsupra. Can wait to see the installment of the rest of the parts.

lol....You guys are hilarious. I havent been on Prime for like a year and this is how the NsxPrime has turned into? I want in.....puahahaha

Are all you guys from LA/OC area? If you are then lets do a Boba run or @ coffee shoppe thing.

Now that the political election is over, my service as a speech writer is not needed. I've been a workaholic up until early November, so hit me up if you guys have your usual meets or something. I would be oblige to attend.

And Jason, your car looking amazing clean. I would definitely go with the direction you have in mind. Nsx-R spec is just plain sick! Its a "must have" since you already have a White Nsx.

Just had the oem side skirts and oem rear valence installed. Once again MV Designs did an wonderful job. I am very satisfied with the work and attention to detail.

I pulled the last minute trigger on the side skirt not until after I dropped off the car for rear valence for paint and installation, originally only intended to have rear valence done. Dropped the car off, decided to do side skirts, but it takes 1 week for the oem parts to arrive once order is placed. Thank to MikeC_587 for his trust and generously. Lending me the $1800 oem side skirt+door pieces to a complete stranger from 600miles away to make my project possible. Without his help, I would not have the side skirts done until next year.

9.jpg

The rear is gonna flow and look more refined when you install the 02+ taillights. Good job, and wish you luck in complething your NSX-R project.

F-ING Amazing
Not to offend anyone else but I have to say that jason, your nsx is the cleanest/nicest NSX I have ever seen. EVER!

Jason,

Your NSX looks great... Next year replace the 5 speed for a 6 speed tranny... Trust me on this one... You will be glad that you did... If you retain the twin disc clutch used for the 5 speed and buy a Type R input shaft, then your NSX will have the one thing that Vance does not have on his NSX :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike

Congratulations Jason, your NSX is a work of art!

Just a quick question, why did you go with the OEM front bumper instead of a less costly FRP replica? Durability concerns?

Thanks!

Back