• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project NSX-R "cosmetic" conversion and non NSX-R related parts

Re: NA1.5 NSX-R project

Tai said:
Just a quick question, why did you go with the OEM front bumper instead of a less costly FRP replica? Durability concerns?
Thank you,

I went with OEM front bumper due to cost/quality ratio. When a replica item is not at least 50% cheaper, I wouldn't consider it.

The oem front bumper is really not that much more expensive than replica (20~30% more). No question about fitment and quality, no sanding, additional prep work required, saved some cost in labor. The replica bumpers also doesn't have the center divider and lower mesh guard.

I have Procar hood, and Downforce wing as only replica item on my NSX. Both are great, quality is amazing, but no matter how great they are, they are not perfect, but the cost/quality ratio was worth it in this case.

You really can't go wrong with either oem or Downforce.

I highly recommend Downforce conversion parts, they are very very well made, great customer support, their products are definitely worth every penny. It reallly all comes down to what you prefer. For example their door pieces cost only $150. OEM is $600, I went with oem just to complete all oem parts, but there is really no reason to spend additional for minor item like this.

Last edited:
Re: My project misc+ NSX-R (cosmetic)

Jason, How did you get that so clean?... WOW :eek:

nsxsupra said:
113098.jpg

Yes do tell Jason,

How did you get your under carriage so clean? Whats the secret?

Thats with a detail digital camera, so you would assume some gunk and scuff underneath the car. But its just the exact contrary.

Of course I cant emphasize this enough, but your Nsx looks simply amazingly clean~!

;)

Car looks awesome, Jason. :)

Are you still in town? Let me know if you'd like to meet up so that I can give you the DVD.

Jason, would you mind if you could post the price for the parts you have listed. It could help some of us to prepare our budget when we want to do the same conversion. Thanks.

That is really one very sweet looking NSX. I would almost be afraid to drive it in fear of damaging that beautiful paint job.
If you have more pictures, please post them. The car is just lovely to look at.

nsxsupra said:
Picked up this item from MJ today, it was well worth the drive with Vance and Erick, the trip actually was quite fun:biggrin:

Just curious, can you use the Apexi setup with the Cantrell ACIS? Also, does it use your stock airbox? Id like the set up but with the Comptech CF top lid, anyone have this?

can't wait till those videos of your car from tonight get posted :tongue:

and be sure to count your blessings... you got REAL LUCKY~!!! :wink:

can't wait till those videos of your car from tonight get posted :tongue: you got REAL LUCKY~!!! :wink:
Daniel,
It was nice meeting you. Awesome car, awesome guy.

There is 3 parts. It is best I kept the 2nd part for private viewing:redface:. Stock 5spd gearing 82mph (2nd), 3rd (115mph).

3rd part, launching from rolling speed:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eauow7vhlPY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eauow7vhlPY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

1st part:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UKjVzxtfraU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UKjVzxtfraU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last edited:
videos are classic... the stories that will go with those videos are EVEN more classic... :tongue:

Another micro update:redface:

Just installed the 02 tail lights. Thanks to Erick once again for taking time and installing the taillights for me and Aaron for offering to buy my taillight which lead to purchase of 02 tail lights.

1130951.jpg

1130971.jpg

I'll look awesome with rear lights converted :biggrin:
Thanks for the suggestion, I love these lights:biggrin:

Another micro update:redface:

Just installed the 02 tail lights. Thanks to Erick once again for taking time and installing the taillights for me and Aaron for offering to buy my taillight which lead to purchase of 02 tail lights.

Thanks for the suggestion, I love these lights:biggrin:

Your getting there, just get an 02+ wheels and paint it white :biggrin:

seriously, your car is looking sharp :cool:

Back