• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project: Repaint (in progress)

Well my car is nearly done, so here are some pics. It started life as a black 96, and will end as a Rio Yellow 96 with an updated rear valance! I had the nose repainted back in Feb, but since TX uses GRAVEL on the roads in the winter, in 6 weeks time, it looked worse than when it started!!!!! I decided I wanted to get it done in yellow, and done right. I searched around and was turned on to Mike Phan's (BLKEVIL) shop in Dallas, TX. I called and discussed what I wanted, and dropped it off 2 weeks ago. He is painting EVERYTHING except the inside of the engine compartment, and the spare tire well. So far the work looks superior, and I can barely wait to get the car back!! Here are some pics of the before and during. After will come next month!!

Acura_012a.jpg

Acura_011a.jpg

Acura_010a.jpg

Acura_002a.jpg

DSC02660.JPG

DSC02661.JPG

DSC02667.JPG

DSC02670.JPG

DSC02671.JPG

DSC02672.JPG

DSC02674.JPG

DSC02679.JPG

DSC02682.JPG

DSC02683.JPG

Last edited:
Not quite my favorite color, but wow, I really like how the paint work is being done.

How much does work like this run if you don't mind me asking? You or BLKEVIL can PM me if you don't want to post the numbers.

Thanks.

Otto

Why wasn't the windshield removed? :confused:

I wouldn't want mine to be taped.

You dont have to removed the windshield to paint the roof of the NSX, maybe the windshields molding but we do have something to make it work as good as removing the molding so he saved some $$$.

Your paint job looks fantastic. Did the VIN / Information sticker on the drivers side door jam get masked or are you getting a new one somehow?

Your paint job looks fantastic. Did the VIN / Information sticker on the drivers side door jam get masked or are you getting a new one somehow?

Funny...that was the first thing I thought of. There is no way to get a factory replacement. When it is gone, it is gone. :(

I love the 02+ rear valance from DF.

Attachments

• DSC02737.jpg
    DSC02737.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC02714.jpg
    DSC02714.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC02719.jpg
    DSC02719.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC02725.jpg
    DSC02725.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Looks great. I'm curous... what did you do about the area under the front bonnet (hood)?

oh man, that looks amazing. i wouldn't hesitate taking my car to mike for a second. i would really like to get mine painted LBBP and do the 02 conv, but i don't have the means to do that right now.... :frown:

guess that's what happens when you drop ~2000 bucks on a clutch

The under hood area was left black, as it was wayyyyyyyyy too pricey to change it. I figure no one will see it, and it will be mine so i just left it. The fenders/hood bottom were painted though!

The under hood area was left black, as it was wayyyyyyyyy too pricey to change it. I figure no one will see it, and it will be mine so i just left it. The fenders/hood bottom were painted though!

actually, having your engine bay black isn't such a bad idea.. it has that two tone feel to it..

i feel that black is the universal color that'll match with anything. your engine bay can be black and you can have any exterior color and it'll still look good.

Great paint job. I am getting my DF side skirt and rear valence installed and respray done on my car soon. Can you please tell me what is the color code for Formula Red, the Black Roof and the black portion of the rear valence. Thanks

actually, having your engine bay black isn't such a bad idea.. it has that two tone feel to it..

i feel that black is the universal color that'll match with anything. your engine bay can be black and you can have any exterior color and it'll still look good.

Agreed! That's why I went ahead with the color change!!!

Looks great!!! I agree that the black Engine compartment and under the bonnet will look good with nearly any color esp. yellow. :)

Would you mind posting pic's of your front bonnet up when you're done? I'd like to see the contrast and see how that looks.

Having the engine bay left black wouldn't bother me for a second but the front bonnet area might look weird. I'd like to see how yours turned out.

Good on you btw for making the car the way you want it!

Mike painted my Black NSX too!!! It was custom:One of a kind front end, shaving turn signals, keyholes, custom mirrors, etc.... Hell he can even paint a special candy black color that matches the dark JDM color on taillights!! He also makes MargaHill pieces and Vinneys side skirts fit factory ( after mods of course!!) You have all seen his homemade hoods, they are better than any aftermarket I have seen and they are all aluminum..no gaps or waves like the fiberglass ones!!!! I am very impressed with all the NSX's that I have seen painted in his shop! I am planning on posting photos of his work on my car shortly, I may have pro photographer shoot the pictures..Only problem with Mike is that he is so busy, he hasn't time for his own very custom NSX, so if you are looking for a custom body/paint shop, I would get on the list quick..I think I may give him my car back to do a one of a kind back end to match the front....stay tuned..........:biggrin:

Back