• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Project: Widebody - 02 Conversion

i love the work in progress.... thanks for the updates.

just a bit of concern, it seems as if (based on the last of the pictures you posted), that the front bumper, near the wheel well, seems no where near fitting, and might take some force/pressure to tug it inwards to meet up to fender? is that so? or is just the picture misleading?

The side of the bumper is a little flexible so it can be screwed to the wide fender. The bumper is quite tough too (won't crack easily). Mine had been bumped on the side by a female driver. The bumper holds but the lip fell from the mounting. I just used a bigger washer to hang it back to the lower part of the bumper. But mine was the original Sorcery kit. I hope the Versus ones will be tough too. Vroom, can't wait to see the project finish.
JDMnsxR said:
i love the work in progress.... thanks for the updates.

just a bit of concern, it seems as if (based on the last of the pictures you posted), that the front bumper, near the wheel well, seems no where near fitting, and might take some force/pressure to tug it inwards to meet up to fender? is that so? or is just the picture misleading?

JDMnsxr: The front bumper cover is very tough. I think from laying flat in a box the sides tend to sag outward. It may take a bit of force to get them back in line but it's not much.

I worked on the hood ducts last night. They came out very well. I still have to trim them and do some final sanding/finishing but I figured I'd post some pics.
DSCF0227sm.jpg

DSCF0228sm.jpg

DSCF0230sm.jpg

VRoooM said:
I worked on the hood ducts last night. They came out very well. I still have to trim them and do some final sanding/finishing but I figured I'd post some pics.

DSCF0228sm.jpg

In the final finish, are you going to sandwich mesh between the hood & the ducts, or leave open & finished body colour?
Presumably you're going to have a smooth finish on the visible part of ducts from the outside - this ended up being the "back"-side (normally unfinished side), due to your construction method?

I'll put the mesh on the back side of the radiator. Your right, there will be a painted finish all the way to the exit side of the radiator. Still trying to source out that radiator. If anyone has ideas/vendors let me know. I just need a radiator that the hoses connect to the side tanks. Ray Davis want $895.00. "Arg"...

I finished fitting the front bumper. I'm not going to use the stock aluminum bracket between the bumper and fender (to create a gap). I think it looks much cleaner with the two bolted directly together. A little filling and sanding and the seam should almost disappear. Sorry for the fuzzy pictures, the fluorescent lights seem to be messing with my camera. (and yes the hood is not latched-still adjusting the duct height.)
DSCF0234sm.jpg

DSCF0236sm.jpg

Greatt looking project....and great info along the way. Ill be checking this thread all the way through...

Quick Question for ya...will the 02 Headlight conversion work on a 1997/98 NSX without doing the rest of the body mods your doing? Could i simply bolt on the new lights where the pop-ups are now???

Thanks for helping out an NSX-Noob

Pearlcoupeg35

Pearlcoupeg35,
You can just do the headlight conversion but it will involve replacing your hood, front bumper cover, bumper mounting brackets, upper bumper support as well as other modifications. There are quite a few thread on NSX Prime for this conversion. Do a search for "headlight conversion". You can source all the parts yourself or Science of Speed offers a turn key kit.

="http://www.scienceofspeed.com/pro...2_conversion/Honda_factory-Style/default.asp"

Put the Gruppe M intake in last night. I'm not planing to do much else with the motor this winter (except for exhaust). I figure by next winter it will be time for a clutch. That seems like that would be a good time to do some engine mods :biggrin:

DSCF0237sm.jpg

Jeff looking great!!
loving the updates.
There are somethings u are doing on my wish list the KS stealth hood gives it a ala F50 look and I'm really looking forward to the 02' sorcery front in red!! and the Downforce rear CF diffuosor .

Nico

Just got back from vacation.... Much needed. Time to get back to work. :smile:
I dropped my stock radiator off at a local shop. They are going to make an all aluminum dual pass radiator with both lines going into the bottom. I took some measurements and am having them locate the new feed line on the radiator so I can use the same hose as the stock lower. No hastle with finding the right hose, I'll just order another Honda OEM hose.:wink:

I finally ordered my Type-S sway bar and Sorcery center exit exhaust. I hope to see those parts by mid-late Jan. That should give me some time to finish the hood ducts and other body mods. Many have been pm'ing me to have me make a set of ducts for them. Unfortunately, I did not make them with the intent to make copies. Once it's all done I'll see if I can make a mold to replicate them.

I might try to make a fuel door... not sure if I like the race style cap generally used with the Sorcery kit. Also, thinking about having a 1 off set of wheels made. 18x9 in the front and 19x12 in the rear. I have a meeting with Tom (RP-Motorsports) to discuss my options... Hope to have more pic's soon.

VRoooM said:
I have a meeting with Tom (RP-Motorsports) to discuss my options...

Ooooh sounds so formal! :biggrin: Are you bringing the beer or am I? :wink: Oh wait, we better wait til morning, otherwise you will end up with 9x18 and 12x19 Daytons, with whitewalls!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Been very busy with the holidays... haven't been able to post.

I picked out my wheels. Going with Advan Model 5 18x9 in the front and 19x10 rear. Tires will be Continental Contact Sport 255/30/18 Front 275/30/19 Rear.

I've decided to completely redo the whole rear bumper/lights. When you add a wide body kit it throughs off the body lines. Especialy the rear bumper. The factory bumper cover is to square. When you have the stock rear quarters it's fine. When you have the return coming off the back of the rear wheel opening on the wide body kit the bumper appears to stick out. I went with the lines of my Downforce rear diffusor (which is based on a Ferrari 360 Modena) and found a picture of the Novitec F430. I know what your thinking, and NO I don't want to make a "Ferrari" out of My NSX...but, the design seems to work great with the wide body and the rear diffusor. This is the early stages of making my forms/molds but I figured some of you may be interested.

DSCF0307sm.jpg

DSCF0310sm.jpg

here is a picture of the Novitec F430 rear end.
NovitecF430.jpg

I picked up 4 of these 4" round LED lights from SuperBrightLed.com.
DSCF0309sm.jpg

Back to work...:smile:

I say go for it. F430 has one of the best rear. Love the F430 rear diffuser.
VRoooM said:
Been very busy with the holidays... haven't been able to post.

I picked out my wheels. Going with Advan Model 5 18x9 in the front and 19x10 rear. Tires will be Continental Contact Sport 255/30/18 Front 275/30/19 Rear.

I've decided to completely redo the whole rear bumper/lights. When you add a wide body kit it throughs off the body lines. Especialy the rear bumper. The factory bumper cover is to square. When you have the stock rear quarters it's fine. When you have the return coming off the back of the rear wheel opening on the wide body kit the bumper appears to stick out. I went with the lines of my Downforce rear diffusor (which is based on a Ferrari 360 Modena) and found a picture of the Novitec F430. I know what your thinking, and NO I don't want to make a "Ferrari" out of My NSX...but, the design seems to work great with the wide body and the rear diffusor. This is the early stages of making my forms/molds but I figured some of you may be interested.

DSCF0307sm.jpg

DSCF0310sm.jpg

here is a picture of the Novitec F430 rear end.
NovitecF430.jpg

I picked up 4 of these 4" round LED lights from SuperBrightLed.com.
DSCF0309sm.jpg

Back to work...:smile:

Jeff forgot to list the offsets on the wheels.

18x9.0 +10mm offset
19x10.0 +19mm offset

This is the lowest that they are made, so we may be doing some custom hubcentric spacers depending on the looks. We were going to do a custom built wheel, but Jeff really likes the split 5 spoke (Ferrari-like) and finally decided on the Advans in silver. I believe he is thinking of getting a custom set made next year, so these may be temporary.

Wait until you see his project after the rear bumper! :eek: See if you can guess..........:biggrin:

hey VroooM......AWESOME !!!

I was the other person that purchased the wide body from Tom also. mine is in a body shop being fitted as well....and our minds must be working together, I too will be redisigning the rear bumper and lights. And have a fabricator doing me a Rear deffuser.

Cant wait to see yours done.

litoG said:
hey VroooM......AWESOME !!!

I was the other person that purchased the wide body from Tom also. mine is in a body shop being fitted as well....and our minds must be working together, I too will be redisigning the rear bumper and lights. And have a fabricator doing me a Rear deffuser.

Cant wait to see yours done.
Please share your pics too!:wink:

Lito,
Keep me posted on your progress. Very excited to see what your looks like...

Jeff

Update,
Finished fitting the body panels. I also have the shape for the rear lights / bumber.

DSCF0311sm.jpg

DSCF0316sm.jpg

DSCF0315sm.jpg

back to work...

Good question. I'm still trying to source a diferent light assembly. The ones I want have the "bullseye" style lite with the clear back up lamp in the center. If you have any ideas, let me know. Otherwise I'll have to come up with something...:rolleyes:

Back