• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

prospective owner/introduction

Hi to all! I am a prospective owner from Reno, NV who is looking for a 2002+ stock NSX .

I found one in the San Jose, CA area that is offered by a private party. The VIN is JH4NA21624T000084. It is a Red/Tan 2004 with 18000 miles on it. I plan on flying down there next weekend to look at it. From photos and description, it appears to be in great shape.

If anyone has information regarding this NSX (positive or negative),please let me know.

In perusing your forum, everyone seems informative and very friendly! I look forward to owning one of these magnificent vehicles and interacting with all of you!

rocket9848

Thanks for the threads! Very helpful!

rocket (NOT a steroid abuser!lol!)

I just got a lead off of ebay, but it seems fishy.

Late model black/tan NSX in the LA area. Was on ebay very briefly.

I sent the seller an email and they emailed me back outside of ebay (first red flag). Wanted to know if I was ready to purchase and I emailed back saying that I was.

The reply was the second red flag: she was selling the car for her fiance (name is Thomas Hecht) and she gave an account number for B of A along with a routing number. She seemed rather anxious to get my money tomorrow as she is going on vacation next week (how convenient!) She also wanted my name and address (obviously not given.)

I emailed back wanting more information, but it seems WAY too fishy.

Will get more info (ie. VIN #, etc) so that there is no hanky panky for some poor sap.

Rocket

Hey Rocket,

I just bought a 2004 Red/Tan for $67,000 with 7,800 miles. I spoke with the guy selling your car and I really thought he was too high in his asking price.

I was tempted to go out there and decided against it because he was not flexible with his price and with the mileage and no certification and extended warranty (worth about $3,000).

As you can see by the post above he probably bought the car, drove it, used it during the warranty period and is fishing to try to sell it for more money. He has every right to do that, however you asked the question of our opinions!

There are more coming up for sale this time of year and some good deals if you are persistent (I took me months to find the right one). See my post http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97166.

I would put the following sites on your Favorites and monitor these on a daily basis, NSX Prime, Autotrader, Cars.com, eBay (be careful) and Craigslist.

Just My Thoughts,
Dave

Last edited:
Welcome and Good Luck on your Quest...:smile:

Guys, thanks for the advice! You've all been great!

In follow-up for the black 2005 that I mentioned earlier (the fishy one in SoCal that was on ebay briefly)

VIN # JH4NA21615S000164

Acc'd to Carfax, failed emissions in California after only 3000 miles on odometer. It was originally an Illinois vehicle. Otherwise clean.

BTW, it was pulled off ebay because someone hit the Buy It Now button by accident. (allegedly!)

Follow-up to the emails reveals an anxious seller who wants my $20,000 deposit now or else another serious buyer will take it.

Thanks, but no thanks! The search goes on...Thanks Dave for the advice! I may have to hunker down and wait for the right one!

Rocket

Finally! It's a done deal! Bought a 2005 Silverstone/Onyx (the one in Sacramento at Niello) with 3200 miles. An absolute dream! Better than the first time I drove one 10 years ago (a '94 yellow/black of a buddy of mine), especially when it's yours!

haven't been able to take pix, thanks to the big snow storm up here in Reno. Absolutely killing me (I've only put about a 100 miles on it) not driving it.

Will post picks soon...can't wait to take it out again! (Hurry up and melt!!!!!)

rocket

haha... this is a scam. I know the IL vehicle, and I doubt this is the same one. He probably pulled the VIN from that particular car. I also asked to come down for an inspection, he emailed me within the same hour and said he would need a deposit first. I then said I can come later that day to see the vehicle, and will bring a deposit in person (I knew it was fake, but wanted to play around with this guy). Of course he never responded to my email. LOL!

In follow-up for the black 2005 that I mentioned earlier (the fishy one in SoCal that was on ebay briefly)

VIN # JH4NA21615S000164

Acc'd to Carfax, failed emissions in California after only 3000 miles on odometer. It was originally an Illinois vehicle. Otherwise clean.

BTW, it was pulled off ebay because someone hit the Buy It Now button by accident. (allegedly!)

Follow-up to the emails reveals an anxious seller who wants my $20,000 deposit now or else another serious buyer will take it.

Thanks, but no thanks! The search goes on...Thanks Dave for the advice! I may have to hunker down and wait for the right one!

Rocket

Hi Rocket,

I'm up here in Susanville (I PM'd you earlier) and it's big snow here too. Let me know when you would like to get together for a drive this Spring. I've got a clutch to do first and will be starting that job very soon. :smile:

Take care.

Hi Rocket,

I'm up here in Susanville (I PM'd you earlier) and it's big snow here too. Let me know when you would like to get together for a drive this Spring. I've got a clutch to do first and will be starting that job very soon. :smile:

Take care.
sounds great! Have you been out to the fernley raceway? It may be flooded out by now, but wanted to know if its worth the drive out there. Let me know where you go driving in the area; we can meet up in the spring. Stay warm!

Rocket

No, have not been to Fernley raceway. Do you plan to race your NSX? I heard about the flood on the news. I'm sure all the cold and snow is not helping.

Yep, late Winter or early Spring and I'll be back on the road. You stay warm too!

Nope. Don't plan on racing. If the track is open for 1/4 mile stuff, then maybe. Otherwise, I don't really want to beat on it ie. racing. Hopefully the track didn't flood; i don't know the area really well. They have a website; i'll check it out.

Rocket

VIN # JH4NA21615S000164

Rocket

the scam is back
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...017QQitemZ270217375374QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Sorry for necro'ing such an old thread but it seems the scam on this one may be back to life (again)...

I saw this Blue NSX at this website during my search to find my first NSX. Aside from the price seeming too good to be true, there were some other red flags I saw on their website (dealer named John Doe, selling one car of nearly every make imagineable, etc).

When I did a google search for the VIN JH4NA21615S000164 this thread was the first hit.

Anyone live nearby this supposed dealer in San Fran that can confirm if there is even business there?

A little further research indicates something is certainly not legit...

Found listings for this same car (and identical pics) on this website which claims it is for sale in Massachusetts as well as this one which is also in San Franciso. Looks like someone is fishing for people willing to send out credit check info and/or deposits.

Just a heads up to any other prospective buyers out there.

To the OP or original poster - Rocket - now you see why this site -PRIME- is so valuable to everyone. Catching scammers is one big reason why you join this site; that and a desire to learn a lot about the car in general. Good going guys - another scam unearthed - gotta love this site! :wink:

Sorry for necro'ing such an old thread but it seems the scam on this one may be back to life (again)...

I saw this Blue NSX at this website during my search to find my first NSX. Aside from the price seeming too good to be true, there were some other red flags I saw on their website (dealer named John Doe, selling one car of nearly every make imagineable, etc).

When I did a google search for the VIN JH4NA21615S000164 this thread was the first hit.

Anyone live nearby this supposed dealer in San Fran that can confirm if there is even business there?

I am in the process of buying JH4NA21615S000164. It is a LBB 2005, I have the paper work, same SoCal owner since 2007, so someone must have used that VIN for some fake ads in the past.

Back