• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed Big Bore Throttle Body Service

Re: Prospeed Big Bore Throttle Body Service!

Looking forward to hearing some long term reviews for OBDII cars.

anyone know if a newer TB will fit on a 1995? I'm really tired of having to clean my TB every 3-6 months.... I'm even using the OEM filter and I can tell when the TB is dirty as the idle is rough and the throttle response isn't what it used to be... The dealership said they did a TB service on it but it doesn't appear to have helped.... any ideas? thx!

anyone know if a newer TB will fit on a 1995? I'm really tired of having to clean my TB every 3-6 months.... I'm even using the OEM filter and I can tell when the TB is dirty as the idle is rough and the throttle response isn't what it used to be... The dealership said they did a TB service on it but it doesn't appear to have helped.... any ideas? thx!

If your car is a 95 you will need the newer DBW throttle body. If you are getting rough idle it could be something else. You might need to have the IAC cleaned.

Wait, 95 cars are DBW- you can still perform the service right? Also, do you sell these on exchange w a core so we can avoid downtime?

Wait, 95 cars are DBW- you can still perform the service right? Also, do you sell these on exchange w a core so we can avoid downtime?

Yes, we offer the service for DBW throttle bodies as well. I currently only have a 91-94 cable throttle body sorry.

We will be dyno testing our product soon! Keep your eyes peeled for some new and great info!

Brian

Brian, any updates on this? I tried to give you a call without success so I sent you a PM too. Thanks

Brian,
I am probably going to do your injectors and i was thinking about doing this. Would it need to be port matched to a whipple sc?

Thanks
Mike

Just got my TB back from Brian on Friday and installed it. Very nice work. I can really tell a difference in the throttle response. Just cruising the car feels like it has more motor down low because of the better response.
Thanks for the really quick turn around! Looking forward to my overall dyno results in a few weeks.

IMG_20120420_165648 by blodi, on Flickr

Brian, SOS claimed their bbtb is 5mm larger than oem, but in reality it's only 2mm bigger at the throttle plate. How realistic is PROSPEED's claim of 4mm larger than oem? and are u still providing this service? if so, how long will it take and will PROSPEED do drive by wire tb?

thank you
pete

Any OBD2 owners want to chime in about sensor. I also spoke with SOS and they won't do OBD2 unless it is in shop. Looking to get this done on my turbo 98.

I contacted SOS about the Big Bore Throttle Body for a 1998 NSX, but was told they do not ship these BBTB's as serviced parts but only do them in-house to make sure all sensors are properly adjusted. This, however, is not an option for me since I do not live in the US myself.

Found this old thread though and am wondering if anyone has had this done on their 1995+ Drive-By-Wire NSX and what their experience is.

Edit: In my case the BBTB would be used on a FI NSX with Autorotor CTSC.

Last edited:
Bryan, I would be interested in the big bore throttle body if it works plug n play for a 95. Last time I checked the sensors needed to be calibrated for DBW for each specific car it was going on and it would require tuning during install. I dont mind the retune but id it didnt work then is it returnable? Can you confirm if it would work and the return policy please.

Bryan, I would be interested in the big bore throttle body if it works plug n play for a 95. Last time I checked the sensors needed to be calibrated for DBW for each specific car it was going on and it would require tuning during install. I dont mind the retune but id it didnt work then is it returnable? Can you confirm if it would work and the return policy please.

Basically, this is also what SOS told me.

Bryan, can you confirm this story that a BBTB on a DBW car does not work without recalibrating?

Yeah I'd like to know that it has worked on every previous obdii car before me and not just it should work in theory. SOS has probably run into this problem and that's why they stopped offering the service except in the chance that you can get the car to them.

Back