• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed RDX injector kit install - My experience

First of all, I wanted to apologize for the lack of pictures...but I was covered in fuel and working at 11PM to get my car ready. :eek:

I purchased the RDX kit from Prospeed as part of the group-buy in Feb. I was very satisfied with Brian's responsiveness and the quick turn-around time. My few gripes with the whole experience were as follows:
  1. Lack of installation instructions. Brian was nice enough to respond to my emergency email late saturday, but this should have been included in the kit.
  2. Missing items from kit. The instructions stated in the Bill of Materials that there would be 8 washer/spacers that are to used when installing the fuel rail. These were not included for my kit...but I was able to find some last-minute solutions. This is not ideal, but it works. Brian did offer to send me the washers, but I opted not to as I was in a hurry to install the kit
Those were just a few minor setbacks in my overall experience. This is not a bash on Brian as I think he does an excellent job at handling the business while going to school, just wanted to give some constructive feedback :)

I do want to add a few notes that I think would compliment his install guide:
  • Place rubber seal into circular groove where OEM NSX injectors were removed. Be sure to remove plastic spacer and do not use with RDX injectors.
  • RDX injectors do not seat like OEM NSX injectors. Tip of the injector will not go as deep as OEM. The o-ring gasket will seal with the rubber seal.
  • The RDX injector will be secured by the tightening of the fuel rail over the injectors. This is why proper torque spec and spacers should be used when installing the fuel rail.
RDX%20Injector%20Diagram.jpg

I'm also attaching a copy of the install guide so that board members can pull this up. Brian, if you're opposed to this, please contact me and I will remove it.

View attachment RDX Installation Instructions.pdf

Test Drive Notes:
I can summarize the benefits in one word: WOW
Unfortunately, I didn't do a before-dyno to see what my gains were, but this was not my biggest concern. I did this mod mainly to upgrade to newer injectors and replace my old 140k mile-old injectors. I'm not sure if its the stage 3 chip or the injectors, but my engine sounds like a new engine. The throttle response is significantly improved and my idle sounds MUCH better.

There definitely seems to be some power increase. The car just feels about 80-100lbs lighter when accelerating, especially around town. Again, I can't quantify the actual increase, but I can definitely tell you that its there.

For those of you contemplating this mod, I HIGHLY recommend it. There is no performance mod in this price range that can compare.

Thanks L_RAO and Prospeed for developing this. Looking forward to your future endeavors.

Attachments

• RDX Injector Diagram.jpg
    RDX Injector Diagram.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited:
Quick question, how long did it take to send and receive your ECU (is that covered in the cost?)? I am considering this mod and am curious about the turnaround time.

Last edited:
Cost to Prospeed was not covered. Return was.

Brian was able to get it back to me within 5 business days of him receiving it.

Thanks for the info.

Back