• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

I got a quick response from Brian.

He said: 4 and 7 on the diagram.

index.php

Brian I was trying to reach you via pm and phone regarding options... No luck though. Do you have a tune ready for obdii 3.0 or will obdii 3.2 work?

It's probably due to size. The RDX injectors are probably taller. Can you confirm for us?

In all cases it would be beneficial to use those phenolic spacers if they fit.

Yes, it's cause it is taller with the top hats. Ideally it would be great to use both spacer however it doesn't cause any issues.

Brian I was trying to reach you via pm and phone regarding options... No luck though. Do you have a tune ready for obdii 3.0 or will obdii 3.2 work?

Sorry bud it's been hectic these past weeks filling orders. No time for 3.0 yet... Hopefully soon. The 3.2 tune when it's done with be different and not recommended for the OBD-2 3.0. I will update everyone as soon as it is out :)

Sorry bud it's been hectic these past weeks filling orders. No time for 3.0 yet... Hopefully soon. The 3.2 tune when it's done with be different and not recommended for the OBD-2 3.0. I will update everyone as soon as it is out :)

Waiting rather impatiently :smile: Let me know when I can order.

Don't worry there are still options, we just have to jump through some extra hoops like the FIC. More tuning potential w that vs the chip mod anyways.

Any 0-60 or 1/4 mile times?

Could these RDx injectors be used with a CT Supercharger kit, if a FIC was installed? Would there be a benefit over say, the RC injectors?

Could these RDx injectors be used with a CT Supercharger kit, if a FIC was installed? Would there be a benefit over say, the RC injectors?

Looked @ the first post. Saw that the first part of the question was answered. The 2nd part on the supercharger I don't see addressed.

Would this be an appropriate/better replacement for teh RC440's on a 7-8 PSI CT on a 3.2 producing about 360RWHP..?

Looked @ the first post. Saw that the first part of the question was answered. The 2nd part on the supercharger I don't see addressed.

Would this be an appropriate/better replacement for teh RC440's on a 7-8 PSI CT on a 3.2 producing about 360RWHP..?

IMO yes, I believe the RDX or ID725 injector will be an upgrade over the RC's They do a great job at idle and they really have a nice spray pattern. You can't go wrong =)

Just the dragstrip was mentioned, I was curious as well. My 1st trip ever to Thursday Night Lights in SW Ohio. Just pulled up, no change in tire pressure, 36 front & 37 rear as it turned out.

Lots of room for driver improvement but thought the NSX performed well. A well maintained '91 with 110k miles, DC Header, CT exhaust, gears and the most recent addition- upgraded injectors and ECU reflash. It was a hand start and the guys from Source One were there to witness how slow my reaction time was. Will be better next time.

1 2 3 4
R/T 5.393 5.473 4.659 6.168
60' 2.347 2.189 3.049 2.264
1/8 9.255 9.133 9.994 9.192
mph 76.87 78.79 78.74 79.29
1/4 14.306 14.002 14.832 13.995
mph 84.82 100.33 100.46 104.16

Learned something each time. Fair amount of wheel spin on the 3rd run. Never expecting it to be a 1/4 mile beast but a fun thing to do for a time or too. Looks like a 13.6 could be feasible if I can hold up my end. Thanks again to the Source One guys for dragging me out there and for all the help getting my car to where it's just a blast to drive. Only good things to say about the injectors and reflash Just last week had it at Mid Ohio for a few laps at the Acura Performance school. Checked the gas mileage after the day there, including a lot of autocrossing on a small course and 3 hr drive home, still north of 20mph. Will be looking hard at the new intake from ProSpeed after seeing what the injectors did.

Anyone in SW OH that's interested in the gears or injectors, look me up or get in touch with Brian and will let you see how they changed the NSX.

Last edited:
13.6 is around stock, i think your goal with mods and gears should be better than 13.6.

Has this been asked? Too lazy to check :biggrin:m would this improve gas mileage? The gas mileage on the NSX sucks by today's standard. 17/23 for a V6 that only weights ~3000 lbs? These days cars that weight 3600 lbs get 23/30+

Question for Prospeed: any data on high-altitude applications? Would this mod require a custom tune up here in the Rockies? My house is at 6,000 ft and my track is at about 5,000. Specifically, I am curious if the OEM injectors are maxing out up here like they are at sea level in California. Since the air is about 15% thinner up here, you need less gas to achieve stoich. So, wouldn't it stand to reason that cars up here run richer than at sea level? I have no idea how the ECU treats this, so I'm curious if the kit would make much of a difference up here.

Question for Prospeed: any data on high-altitude applications? Would this mod require a custom tune up here in the Rockies? My house is at 6,000 ft and my track is at about 5,000. Specifically, I am curious if the OEM injectors are maxing out up here like they are at sea level in California. Since the air is about 15% thinner up here, you need less gas to achieve stoich. So, wouldn't it stand to reason that cars up here run richer than at sea level? I have no idea how the ECU treats this, so I'm curious if the kit would make much of a difference up here.

You are correct. You will run richer to a certain point. The ecu does a great job of correcting itself due to atmospheric pressure however it's not completely self tuning. I could go out there and tune it for you but it will cost a lil more then the basic program hehe. Might be worth it if you have a few guys chip in... I will be doing this for a gentleman in Arizona soon.

Back