• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Prospeed rdx injectors & ecu rom tune kit

Still no na2 with FIC yet? Didn't someone local volunteer a few weeks back?

sent from my crappy cell phone.

Yup...that's me. Getting some other stuff done to the car first, then Brian and I will work on this. More to come in August/September.

Cantrell AIS, comptech headers, prospeed HFC, GTLW exhaust. Now RDX injectors and tuned ECU. Next will be BBTB or ITB. Just try to squeeze every pony out of the X. What else should the NA do for additional HP? Btw, the car is on 120 lbs diet.

Cams and stroker kit?

Cantrell AIS, comptech headers, prospeed HFC, GTLW exhaust. Now RDX injectors and tuned ECU. Next will be BBTB or ITB. Just try to squeeze every pony out of the X. What else should the NA do for additional HP? Btw, the car is on 120 lbs diet.

You have AEM or the FIC to do the tuning?

Not sure if anyone else is getting this as well, but I no longer get the "shift rev". Perhaps it is my driving style, but prior to the tune, when I shift (in any gear), the revs jump up by a few hundred RPMs before dropping giving me time to shift and unclutch.

Now with the new injectors, when I shift, the revs just drop and I have less time to shift. I don't think my driving style has changed, just that I need to do things more quickly now.

Not sure if anyone else is getting this as well, but I no longer get the "shift rev". Perhaps it is my driving style, but prior to the tune, when I shift (in any gear), the revs jump up by a few hundred RPMs before dropping giving me time to shift and unclutch.

Now with the new injectors, when I shift, the revs just drop and I have less time to shift. I don't think my driving style has changed, just that I need to do things more quickly now.

For the revs to increase when u push in the clutch you'd have to push the gas a bit anyways which is what it sounds like you were doing anyways. Revs would drop otherwise...

You have a 95 with I/H/E right? Hurry up with getting this so I can get the same tune already!!!!!!!!!!

haha my main concern is smog issues.... and passing smog. I dont want to have to pull these parts out to pass smog...... :redface:

hey brian thanks for everything just installed the rdx injectors along with the big bore throttle body and the high flow cats and wow i can really feel the power cant wait to see dyno results.

Brian, I am itching to order this after my track day. I may just have to get the package and tune it myself since I don't think you are going to get an obdii 3.0 any time soon from the looks of it. Do you have one set ready to ship with FIC and boomslang harness for 95?

Brian, I am itching to order this after my track day. I may just have to get the package and tune it myself since I don't think you are going to get an obdii 3.0 any time soon from the looks of it. Do you have one set ready to ship with FIC and boomslang harness for 95?

I can have it all together by Thurs. PM me for details. Thanks!

My car is finally back from a 2-month maintenance with lots and lots of stuff done on it (70% maintenance).

Very noticable increase in torque/power in low rev range (1-3k), better gas mileage around town due to the increased torque probably. Haven't ask my friend to try it out and compare to his ride (which has 4.55 final gear).

I also left the "hard plastic" spacer in place, and asked my other friend to machine a set of spacer for the fuel rail.

Very happy with this so far, have to adjust my driving style due to the increased torque :)

My car is finally back from a 2-month maintenance with lots and lots of stuff done on it (70% maintenance).

Very noticable increase in torque/power in low rev range (1-3k), better gas mileage around town due to the increased torque probably. Haven't ask my friend to try it out and compare to his ride (which has 4.55 final gear).

I also left the "hard plastic" spacer in place, and asked my other friend to machine a set of spacer for the fuel rail.

Very happy with this so far, have to adjust my driving style due to the increased torque :)

what else did you have done?

Nothing else about powertrain, the car came with Comptech header and Exhaust, plus SOS bored TB, intake scoop already.

For maintenance - water hoses, Koyo radiator, new thermostat, intake manifold overhaul, new spark plugs, new coil packs, timing belt/water pump/new crank pulley, crank seals, cam seals, cam plugs, valve cover gasket, valve adjustment, brake fluid flush, new steering rack bushings, new front wheel bearings + extended ARP studs, new front tie rods.

Some upgrades - Racingbrake 97 spec BBK 4-pot, 97 spec rear rotor with extension. SS brake lines. Daliracing big oil pan. And of course the RDX injector kit. Comptech rear beam bushing. Non-compliance front clamp. Non-compliance rear toe arm. Dali front street/track swaybar. NSX-R front lower chassis bar.

Most of the time spent on waiting for parts though (some screws took 10 days to arrive!)

Last edited:

Excellent! I think almost everyone can tell how much better the lower rev range torque increase has been... This doesn't show up on the dyno... Great part throttle improvements in the usable range of the power band. Thanks again!

How about high end torque?

I run most of my life between 5K & 7K....

is it possible to drop the car off and have same day service with the injectors and ECU serviced?
I think it's possible, just need to arrange with Brian before hand. Mine was done in the same day, injectors and ECU.

Any one done this for OBDII cars ? with the AEM ?

Just finished another install!

I'm Sure "oldduffer" will comment on his thoughts of the swap.

b559eeb1.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, that's my car that Justin just finished. I had contacted Brian over a month ago, and he got the parts all together, and we set up a time when I was going to be in Ohio for another event. I arrived at 8:30 and it was ready by 11:00. I also had Justin flush the ABS system while I had the car there. I don't have my before and after numbers together yet, but drivability seems good so far. (I have Topspeed headers and Dali exhaust with OEM cats, and K&N filter). Howard

Update on the fuel economy. The Coles notes version is that the fuel economy for me has not changed or have slightly improved.

The detailed version is that with OEM injectors and OEM ECU, I was getting around 8.8 to 9 L/100 km (26.1 to 26.7 MPG) consistently with AC turned OFF.

When I upgraded to OEM injectors and Prospeed Stage 3 ECU chip, the fuel mileage was pretty much the same at around 8.9 to 9.1 L/100 km with AC turned OFF.

Now with the RDX injectors and the Prospeed RDX tune, the fuel mileage is more of less the same, but because of the weather up here in Toronto, I have the AC turned ON most of the time. After 4 tanks of gas with the RDX injectors and tune, my fuel mileage is:

Tank #1: 8.9 L/100km
Tank #2: 9.1 L/100km
Tank #3: 8.8 L/100km
Tank #4: 8.7 L/100km

So even with the AC turned ON, my fuel mileage is about the same. With the AC OFF, I can only suspect the fuel mileage to be better. I driving about 70% highway, 30% city on Costco 91 gas.

Yep, that's my car that Justin just finished. I had contacted Brian over a month ago, and he got the parts all together, and we set up a time when I was going to be in Ohio for another event. I arrived at 8:30 and it was ready by 11:00. I also had Justin flush the ABS system while I had the car there. I don't have my before and after numbers together yet, but drivability seems good so far. (I have Topspeed headers and Dali exhaust with OEM cats, and K&N filter). Howard

Excellent! I'm glad you enjoyed it =)

Update on the fuel economy. The Coles notes version is that the fuel economy for me has not changed or have slightly improved.

The detailed version is that with OEM injectors and OEM ECU, I was getting around 8.8 to 9 L/100 km (26.1 to 26.7 MPG) consistently with AC turned OFF.

When I upgraded to OEM injectors and Prospeed Stage 3 ECU chip, the fuel mileage was pretty much the same at around 8.9 to 9.1 L/100 km with AC turned OFF.

Now with the RDX injectors and the Prospeed RDX tune, the fuel mileage is more of less the same, but because of the weather up here in Toronto, I have the AC turned ON most of the time. After 4 tanks of gas with the RDX injectors and tune, my fuel mileage is:

Tank #1: 8.9 L/100km
Tank #2: 9.1 L/100km
Tank #3: 8.8 L/100km
Tank #4: 8.7 L/100km

So even with the AC turned ON, my fuel mileage is about the same. With the AC OFF, I can only suspect the fuel mileage to be better. I driving about 70% highway, 30% city on Costco 91 gas.

Thank you for your detailed analysis! Most owners have experienced similar results with fuel economy being about the same or slightly better in most instances!

Back