• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Quasi-official-Chi-town-NSX-pancake-cruise-picnic-o-rama!

I have a Magic Wand Baby!!!!!!! :biggrin: Let me know how I can help.....Steve

I have come up with a couple ideas to fill the time between the breakfast get together and the picnic.

There is a large car show [800+cars] in Morris IL. Is there any interest in cruising down to Morris after breakfast then winding our way back to the site of the picnic in St Charles?

St Charles is having their annual "Scarecrow Festival" the same Sunday as the picnic. We could wander through town until the the time for the picnic.

Any other ideas or thoughts about these suggestions?

Was speaking to Bob Kenney who suggested that we could meet for breakfast and I know this great place called Butterfields. What do you guys think about meeting at 8:00AM.........Steve

Butterfields On Naperville Rd
Address: 1504 N Naper Blvd, Naperville, IL 60563
Phone: (630) 955-0950

Attachments

• mapimage.gif
    mapimage.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Butterfield's works for me.

Anyone else interested in breakfast?

How about the drive to Morris to check out the car show [800+ cars] before meeting at the St Charles picnic location?

If I can roll outta bed early that Saturday, then count me in for breakfast! :biggrin:

I think a trip to Morris would be cool. Where in Morris is the show?

psnsx1 said:
I just bought a 91 nsx and would like to meet some other owners, I just hope I don't bore you too much with all my questions.
Paul
I don't think that can happen.....you will be in fine company....Steve

Hey Frank we are still a go for:

DATE: Saturday, October 7th.

MAIN LOCATION: Delnor Woods Park, Downtown St. Charles.

TIME: NOON (for picnic)

IS THIS CORRECT????????????????????

Sorry all; the car show in Morris IL is on Sunday NOT Saturday [the day of the picnic].:confused:

I will be at the breakfast and the picnic on Saturday.:biggrin:

I will probably enter the car in the Morris show on Sunday.:smile:

Sometimes it is tough to keep all the car events straight.:rolleyes:

Bob Kenney said:
Sorry all; the car show in Morris IL is on Sunday NOT Saturday [the day of the picnic].:confused:

I will be at the breakfast and the picnic on Saturday.:biggrin:

I will probably enter the car in the Morris show on Sunday.:smile:

Sometimes it is tough to keep all the car events straight.:rolleyes:

I was wondering if we had our dates mixed up.....Steve

Frank has made the arrangements with the ST Charles Park District and paid the $50 registration fee; He is the final word on the correct date.

As of now; I am planning on the breakfast and the picnic for this Saturday [Oct 7th] unless instructed differently by Frank. :biggrin:

I have spoke to Sean [Q] and he is also planing on Saturday.:biggrin:

Steve, please confirm you are on for Saturday.

Bob Kenney said:
Frank has made the arrangements with the ST Charles Park District and paid the $50 registration fee; He is the final word on the correct date.

As of now; I am planning on the breakfast and the picnic for this Saturday [Oct 7th] unless instructed differently by Frank. :biggrin:

I have spoke to Sean [Q] and he is also planing on Saturday.:biggrin:

Steve, please confirm you are on for Saturday.

I can't hardly wait, just hope the weather is of friend.....Steve

edit... I am in... bringing my little boy too. Hope it doesn't rain so we can enjoy the last of the drives.
might want to meet you for the drive to St. Charles Frank. Please call me on Friday.

-Val

Frank Oles said:
For people who are interested, a quasi-official list of folks interested in this event:

People who are IN:

Frank Oles
Bob Kenney
Q (Sean)
NeedSpeed (Steve)
Plumcraezy (Rae)
NSX2Tall (Randy)
RutRX7 (Brain)
DRZZZ (Dave - I know you'll get your car fixed)
psnsx1 (Paul - welcome aboard)
Valenzul (Val)

People who need a little persuasion:

Woody
YellowNSX (Rick)
NSX6 (Robert)
RocCHGONSX (Rocco)
Shkrmvr (Chandra)

Have I missed anyone? If you're in (or even if you can't make it) let us know.

We also still need ideas for the breakfast.
We need someone with a grill.
We also need someone with a magic wand that wards off rain.

If you've got ideas, please post them up.

- Frank

Guys,

I have MULTIPLE commitments in the am on Saturday, but I want to go on "the drive". (I think my car issues are fixed.....) Are you still planning on doing a group drive? If so, what time do you think we would be leaving the picnic area?

Dave & I will be at the breakfast. After breakfast, we need to come home for a commitment at 10. Then we will meet up again for the picnic.

Dave -

HELL YEAH we're going on a group drive! Nice route, no stoplights and very few intersections, but lots of winding roads.

A note to everyone - good time to invest in some Motorola Talkabout FRS radios. They are very inexpensive, and have private chanel capabilities. Probably need about an 8 mile range. That way, we don't have to worry about anyone getting lost if we get split up. It adds A LOT to the overall group drive experience. I've used them before on the JGTCA drives and it's fun, fun, fun. You can rip on other people's driving. And the person leading the pack doesn't have to worry about A) driving fast and losing the others or B) driving too slow to be courteous and getting slammed later (by Steve).

Val - do you have any extras you can bring?

As far as starting time, if the event starts at 12, I'm guessing the group drive will start maybe 3 or 4? Dave, I think I have your cell so I can give you a call.

- Frank

I wish everyone great weather and a fun drive! Someone has to do a pinot tour of Oregon this weekend, might as well be me. Am I the only one with snow tires doing the Christmas drive???:tongue:

Hey guys,

Bob and I talked last night about the picnic. After both of us expressing how excited we are about getting together with everyone, we almost forgot:

THIS IS A PICNIC, WE NEED FOOD!!!:tongue:

So with that, I'm volunteering to be the chuck wagon. What do you want to grill? I was thinking about grabbing the standard hotdogs, brats, burgers and buns. Ideas?

Sean

DRZZZ said:
Guys,

I have MULTIPLE commitments in the am on Saturday, but I want to go on "the drive". (I think my car issues are fixed.....) Are you still planning on doing a group drive? If so, what time do you think we would be leaving the picnic area?

Dave,

You know how this gos; its not going to be on a tight time schedule.
Keep in touch via cell phone; if you can make it we will try to craft it so you can participate.:cool:
My cell # 773-559-8094
This may be the last big gathering of the year so try not to miss it. :biggrin:

Q said:
Hey guys,

Bob and I talked last night about the picnic. After both of us expressing how excited we are about getting together with everyone, we almost forgot:

THIS IS A PICNIC, WE NEED FOOD!!!:tongue:

So with that, I'm volunteering to be the chuck wagon. What do you want to grill? I was thinking about grabbing the standard hotdogs, brats, burgers and buns. Ideas?

Sean

I am headed to Cosco tomorrow night to pick up some snacks; any requests.

Have arrangements been made for getting the grill to the picnic area? (if so, BIG thanks). Also, please make sure there is a metal container to put the used coals in - I don't believe there is a fire pit on site for the coals.

I'd vote for grilled chicken breasts and hot dogs.

Also, we need tunes. Does anyone have a decent-sized boom box?

I was kind of hoping everyone who attended could bring some some kind of salad/side dish to share with the group.

Cindy and I will bring a leafy green salad and some other kind of side-dish, as well as some beer and a couple bottles of red wine.

Frank Oles said:
Have arrangements been made for getting the grill to the picnic area? (if so, BIG thanks). Also, please make sure there is a metal container to put the used coals in - I don't believe there is a fire pit on site for the coals.

One way or the other, we'll have a grill. Bob and I discussed some options, and we'll get that ironed out.

I can't make it to breakfast, but will be there for the picnic/cruise.

Brian

Frank Oles said:

I'd vote for grilled chicken breasts and hot dogs.

Also, we need tunes. Does anyone have a decent-sized boom box?

I was kind of hoping everyone who attended could bring some some kind of salad/side dish to share with the group.

Cindy and I will bring a leafy green salad and some other kind of side-dish, as well as some beer and a couple bottles of red wine.

I'm just gonna mooch :biggrin: ....Please bring my favorite beer and a few rib eyes for me :tongue: hey my car is one big boom box just bring some cds.....Steve

I'm in for both breakfast and picnic. I'm trying to get my friend with a '94 Nsx to join us.

Let me know what's still needed for the picnic.

See you all Saturday,

Robert

Back