• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Quasi-official-Chi-town-NSX-pancake-cruise-picnic-o-rama!

Bob Kenney said:
Robert,

It all started at a Downers Grove Friday cruise night gathering and the impromptu meeting at the Bally Doyle Irish Pub. It is amazing the inspiration generated when you combine NSX drivers, a cruise night and an Irish Pub together.:rolleyes: :wink:

Was I there that night?????? Its a little hazy to me :tongue:

I just want to say thanks to everyone who helped to pull this event together. It was great to meet everyone's families, chill out, and most of all DRIVE. Great to see some new faces in the group too.

Thanks to everyone who brought food and supplies and made the effort to make the drive out to St. Charles.

Special thanks to...

Bob and Sean for hatching the idea, and for getting the grill.
Steve for manning the grill and leading the group drive.
Val for bringing the Talkabout Radios.
My wife and my mom for making some great food and entertaining CJ.
Mike, the talented art director who designed the custom plates.
The folks at Bloomington Gold for the road tour route.
And Robert for taking some great pics along the group drive.

This was one event I'll always remember. I'm hoping that next year we can pull a couple local events like this together. They keep getting better and better. I've got to say the group drive was the best part - so much fun.

Lots of crazy drivers around though. When Val and I met up at the "Streets" some lady yelled at me for driving too fast (Val and I had driven approximately one block and then stopped at a light). Then, when we were driving from the park to the group drive launch, some old guy driving in the opposite direction stuck his arm out the window and flipped off the whole group. I think he must have been mad at how loud Brians car is.:biggrin:
I guess the NSX just LOOKS too fast!

After all the planning, it's kind of a buzz kill now that the event is over. I need something new car-related to look forward to. Winter is such a downer. Time to start obsessing over mods again.

This group makes it all worth it. For me, the meets have been the best part of owning the car.

- Frank

Frank Oles said:
Then, when we were driving from the park to the group drive launch, some old guy driving in the opposite direction stuck his arm out the window and flipped off the whole group. I think he must have been mad at how loud Brians car is.:biggrin:

- Frank

Maybe he was a corvette guy...:tongue:

Frank Oles said:
I just want to say thanks to everyone who helped to pull this event together. It was great to meet everyone's families, chill out, and most of all DRIVE. Great to see some new faces in the group too.

Thanks to everyone who brought food and supplies and made the effort to make the drive out to St. Charles.

Special thanks to...

Bob and Sean for hatching the idea, and for getting the grill.
Steve for manning the grill and leading the group drive.
Val for bringing the Talkabout Radios.
My wife and my mom for making some great food and entertaining CJ.
Mike, the talented art director who designed the custom plates.
The folks at Bloomington Gold for the road tour route.
And Robert for taking some great pics along the group drive.

This was one event I'll always remember. I'm hoping that next year we can pull a couple local events like this together. They keep getting better and better. I've got to say the group drive was the best part - so much fun.

Lots of crazy drivers around though. When Val and I met up at the "Streets" some lady yelled at me for driving too fast (Val and I had driven approximately one block and then stopped at a light). Then, when we were driving from the park to the group drive launch, some old guy driving in the opposite direction stuck his arm out the window and flipped off the whole group. I think he must have been mad at how loud Brians car is.:biggrin:

After all the planning, it's kind of a buzz kill now that the event is over. I need something new car-related to look forward to. Winter is such a downer. Time to start obsessing over mods again.

This group makes it all worth it. For me, the meets have been the best part of owning the car.

- Frank

Actually it was Steve and Sean who hunted down the grill after breakfast; I stayed at Butterfield's with the 2nd breakfast group and did the "hard work" of talking about cars.:wink: :biggrin:

A great time was had by all; "nice job" to everyone involved.
This event helped relive my melancholy caused by not being able to attend NSXPO this year.

Loud pipes save lives. Thanks to everyone, what a great day.

Brian

I'm having a few ideas for events for next year. Something to think about over the long, cold winter months...

What about an event at a dyno? It would be great to have some "titles" to pass around here in Chicagoland. Something to subconsciously stoke the fires of competitiveness. Highest horesepower title (FI and NA). Loudest NSX title (both exhaust and stereo). Lowest NSX title. Lightest NSX title. Cleanest NSX. Coolest interior. etc.

Personally, I've never had my car up on the dyno. It would be nice to see what she'll do. If we get a group together, we can get a discount.

Now, I'm not trying to turn our friendly little group into a dog and pony show, but it might bring some additional dimension to the ownership experience. What are you really after? Something to focus the mods over the winter.

What do you think?

I think we need to get together at an Irish Pub to discuss the possibilities while the cars are in hibernation.:rolleyes:
Anytime I can get together with NSX owners I will make the effort to be there.:biggrin:

I had a great time! Thanks to everyone involved. I have some pictures that turned out good but I'm not sure how to attach them. By the way, I was able to fix my trunk latch. The previous owner had the power antena replaced with an aftermarket model. When they installed it, it interfered with the solenoid. They rotated the solenoid to clear the antena but didn't realize that the actuator arm was rubbing against the body.

Paul

psnsx1 said:
I had a great time! Thanks to everyone involved. I have some pictures that turned out good but I'm not sure how to attach them. By the way, I was able to fix my trunk latch. The previous owner had the power antena replaced with an aftermarket model. When they installed it, it interfered with the solenoid. They rotated the solenoid to clear the antena but didn't realize that the actuator arm was rubbing against the body.

Paul

Paul,

It was great to meet you and your wife. We hope to see more of you 2 in the future. Please feel free to join us for any of our get togethers; we will keep you informed about up coming events.

Congratulations on the trunk latch repair; its great when all is working right. Your car appearers to be excellent shape, may you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine.

Back