• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question about boosted NSX

In the future i am looking at buying an NSX. My goal is to put a turbo charger kit on it and run about 450 to 500hp

What water temps do NSX run boosted?

How much power can stock NSX motor handle (91 to 95) engine

What is the best way to set up a turbo NSX.. What turbo charger size would yield 450 to 500 hp but with minimal boost lag..

I see most turbo kits for the NSX put the turbo under the car, I find this to be pretty inconvenient for street use, when your dealing with small pot holes and crappy roads at a times.. I would also assume if the turbo chargers are under the engine the engine temps shouldnt get to hot..?

In the future i am looking at buying an NSX. My goal is to put a turbo charger kit on it and run about 450 to 500hp

What water temps do NSX run boosted?

How much power can stock NSX motor handle (91 to 95) engine

What is the best way to set up a turbo NSX.. What turbo charger size would yield 450 to 500 hp but with minimal boost lag..

I see most turbo kits for the NSX put the turbo under the car, I find this to be pretty inconvenient for street use, when your dealing with small pot holes and crappy roads at a times.. I would also assume if the turbo chargers are under the engine the engine temps shouldnt get to hot..?

A GT35R will make great power with near undetectable lag on the NSX with a 3.0. I would not go beyond 400 RWHP on a 3.0 unless you upgrade the headgaskets. If you you use a thicker headgasket such as the Cometic I would say you could go for 450 RWHP and still be on the "safe" side. As far as mounting the turbo underneath the car the Lovefab setup is perfectly safe due to its mounting location. If the location of the turbo still bothers you there are several other alternative options such as the following:

Driving Ambition Single Turbo system

http://www.drivingambition.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DA-1000

Or the SOS Twin Turbo system
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/twin_turbo_system/

I had the 1st production Lovefab kit on my car and it never gave me a problem. I decided to make some changes to the turbo system since I am going with a 3.5 stroker so I sold the Lovefab kit and I am now using the Driving Ambition turbo system.

How much power can the stock internals handle??
Pistons and Rods.

if i replace head gasket with cometic, and use ARP head bolts how much power can I shoot for with stock rods/pistons...

and obviously after the car passes a leak down test/comp test.

How much power can the stock internals handle??
Pistons and Rods.

if i replace head gasket with cometic, and use ARP head bolts how much power can I shoot for with stock rods/pistons...

and obviously after the car passes a leak down test/comp test.

The rods and crank can handle 550 WHP +. I wouldn't run over 450 with stock pistons though (just because they are not forged). Keep in mind there is no definitive answer to what power level your rods and pistons will handle. Everyone will have a different answer based on their own experiences, what they read on the internet or what vendors tell them. This is my personal opinion and I am sure that someone else will chime in and agree with me or come up with their own opinion.

Still interested to see what water temps a stock NSX runs at and the water temps a boosted NSX runs at...

The rods and crank can handle 550 WHP +. I wouldn't run over 450 with stock pistons though (just because they are not forged). Keep in mind there is no definitive answer to what power level your rods and pistons will handle. Everyone will have a different answer based on their own experiences, what they read on the internet or what vendors tell them. This is my personal opinion and I am sure that someone else will chime in and agree with me or come up with their own opinion.

Just trying to figure out how many laps i can do before I have to pull into the pits to give it a rest...??

Hahaha that's pretty funny I think this is the first time I've had someone jumping that far ahead of themselves.

but since you asked my 440 rwhp nsx does tend to run a bit hot on the track however turning the heater on will take care of it and typically allows me to do a full 25 minute session without pausing. the only time I have ever had to stop for heating reasons was when the ambient temperature was about 110.

Why does it matter if he owns the car or not:confused: the questions hes asking are good questions. Most people on prime are useless. When I first joined prime in 05 they were lot more people who knew what they were talking about. Now its bunch of people who READ OLD PRIME POSTS and repost the old info like they know what they are talking about with first hand Experience. LMAOL.
Answer the mans questions or Dont waste your time writing Anything on HIS thread.

what does that translate into seconds? 11.5 to 12 or lower ?

what water temps do NSX run at when NA and then when boosted?

117 mph with a 1.5X short time should be around 11.40's. With street tires, you'll be around 12.30's.

Hahaha that's pretty funny I think this is the first time I've had someone jumping that far ahead of themselves.

but since you asked my 440 rwhp nsx does tend to run a bit hot on the track however turning the heater on will take care of it and typically allows me to do a full 25 minute session without pausing. the only time I have ever had to stop for heating reasons was when the ambient temperature was about 110.

How're you enjoying your new all aluminum, mid-engine wonder?:eek::wink:

Why does it matter if he owns the car or not:confused: the questions hes asking are good questions. Most people on prime are useless. When I first joined prime in 05 they were lot more people who knew what they were talking about. Now its bunch of people who READ OLD PRIME POSTS and repost the old info like they know what they are talking about with first hand Experience. LMAOL.
Answer the mans questions or Dont waste your time writing Anything on HIS thread.

So.........don't be like you, eh?

:rolleyes:

Just trying to figure out how many laps i can do before I have to pull into the pits to give it a rest...??

380rwhp will get you 118. If you are a great driver with great weather, track, etc the max would be 120. (On street tires) Your max 60 foot time at that power level would be 1.8 - 1.9. If you are below 2.0 foot time you will be able to run sub 12.0 if above 2.0 foot time you will above 12.0.

If this is for the drag and not the track .... your water temps will remain the same as a NA. If you are talking about the road track, Chris of SOS stated they have tested FI NSXs on the track with little increased water temp.

I have seen my water temp increase by one tick on the dash and around 10-20 F at the the very end of a session. The SOS crew thinks it because my radiator is old (92) with almost all the fins bent (which I will replaced in a couple of months).

The increase of one tick was seen in 100+ weather. In cooler weather I never see the dash move and the AEM shows my coolant temp to be 10 to 15F cooler.

A boosted NSX is more sensitive to air bubbles as well. I getting ready to rebleed my car right now.

Back