• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question on my CTSC

What version of the CTSC do I have? Where would I find information on how much oil and what type of oil it takes? Want to do an oil change and fill it to the correct level.

Looks like the original Whipple/Lysholm setup, like I have. Shad told me to use 15W-50 motor oil; I went with Motul. If you overfill it will spray all over your window. You need to suck out the old oil with something like a turkey baster, syringe, vacuum bleeder, or oil-extraction tool.

Would you happen to know how much oil goes into the blower?

Nevermind I found it. Thank you for your help on the SC.

Whipple
Add oil to Supercharger:
Fill supercharger at unit top by removing
large silver screw dipstick and pouring in a high quality 10W40 synthetic
motor oil (approx. 4 oz. is required). Fill until there is about 1” of coverage on dipstick. DO NOT OVER FILL (this will damage the blower)

Last edited:
Some what off topic. But, are the filler cap interchangeable for the old Whipple unit? The one above is plastic knob, while the one on my car is oval allen head. The Allen head had rounded out and I can't remove it to change the oil. Kind of in a sticky situation here. I'm tempted to dremel a straight line and use a large flathead screwdriver to unscrew it. But then I need a new cap.

Last edited:
Some what off topic. But, are the filler cap interchangeable for the old Whipple unit? The one above is plastic knob, while the one on my car is oval allen head. The Allen head had rounded out and I can't remove it to change the oil. Kind of in a sticky situation here. I'm tempted to dremel a straight line and use a large flathead screwdriver to unscrew it. But then I need a new cap.

Try using a torx bit. On several occasions I have rounded a allen and a torx has saved me.

I never thought of using a torq bit. I will give it a try.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I never thought of using a torq bit. I will give it a try.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I would also try wedge a small piece of sand paper between the bit and the cap. This will make a very tight fit. It has worked for me many times on a lot of damaged bolts. HTH

I tried the torq bit last evening. The bit I have is too small.
Will try again with sand paper. I tried so many time I think the head is almost completely rounded out. Last time I had someone change the oil they torque it down too tight.

you might want to grind down the end of the bit, most are rounded off, you'll need a nice sharp end on it... fyi, mine came with an aluminum plug, with a very wide and shallow straight cut... and was worn so much it was useless.. had to resort to a pair of pliers...

I guess the question would be after you removed the plug, what would you use to replace it? can you buy that part anymore? That plus is also how you measure the amount of oil, like a dip stick? I also worry one day I would also rip this bolt.

Those are my exact concerns. I have been searching but came up empty so far. I would like to get the knob type like those of later blower. But I doubt the dipstick measure the same. I want to find a replacement first before I decide to destroy the one I have currently.

Those are my exact concerns. I have been searching but came up empty so far. I would like to get the knob type like those of later blower. But I doubt the dipstick measure the same. I want to find a replacement first before I decide to destroy the one I have currently.

You measure your dipstick and I'll measure mine. ;)

But seriously, I have a recent CTSC with the knob + dipstick. We can probably figure out if it would work in a different blower.

edit - looking at your picture, it appears to be a significantly larger threaded hole than what I have.

Last edited:
You measure your dipstick and I'll measure mine. ;)

But seriously, I have a recent CTSC with the knob + dipstick. We can probably figure out if it would work in a different blower.

edit - looking at your picture, it appears to be a significantly larger threaded hole than what I have.

I will let u know once I get it loosen tomorrow.
Thank you

No success. Tried all tips from above. It is on super tight. Kept rounding out the head even more. I'm afraid it might need some air impact assistant, which I don't have. Will have to wait. Too scare to procede, may break something that will render me nsx-less.

You could carefully drill two small holes either side of the centre then use a pair of circlip pliers. Maybe put a piece of pipe over the plier handles to give extra torque/leverage..

i sent them an email to confirm if it will fix out ctsc whipple sc.

http://jonbondperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_181&products_id=315

i like to buy one mp just in case I rip mine. I try to be careful when I do have to screw/unscrew this bolt.

frankie

i sent them an email to confirm if it will fix out ctsc whipple sc.

http://jonbondperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_181&products_id=315

i like to buy one mp just in case I rip mine. I try to be careful when I do have to screw/unscrew this bolt.

frankie

Let us know when/if you hear back from them. I haven't touch the screw since the blower were installed. Both time was done by the shop I brought to for work needed done. I don't know how they screw it back on, but boy its on there good.

Let us know when/if you hear back from them. I haven't touch the screw since the blower were installed. Both time was done by the shop I brought to for work needed done. I don't know how they screw it back on, but boy its on there good.

Here's their reply, does it mean it'll fit?

This dipstick will fit Lysholm style Whipple labeled superchargers. These units do not have an oil level sight glass. This dipstick does fit. You don't crank them as tight as you can- this is why they strip out. If it leaks after it is tight, the gasket on the dipstick is worn or there is damage to the casing where it seats.

Jon

When you send them the email, did you include a photo of your blower?
The respond more likely mean yes but at the same time I feel they meant it will fit more then just the Whipple unit.

I used Ford Motorcraft Supercharger Fluid. $20-25 for a 4 fl oz. You will need two bottles. The whipple supercharger takes 6 fl oz. of fluid should be good for 50k miles. Comptech recommend checking your supercharger oil level every time you fill your gas tank.

Shad freaked when I mentioned supercharger oil. Although it may have been the gear-lash at idle that motivated his recommendation for relatively heavy motor oil.

When you send them the email, did you include a photo of your blower?
The respond more likely mean yes but at the same time I feel they meant it will fit more then just the Whipple unit.

they said it will fit. I will order one and see if all is okay. I will post after.

Just order one, will see how it fits. Not cheap for a bolt, $40!

Last edited:
If your trying to remove your stripped out oil dip stick on your charger, I'd try putting in a small hex head bit, then filling the gaps with JB weld and letting it sit for 48 hours. That should remove the dip stick with minimal tools. Just make sure you have another replacement that fits first.

Another question. I am trying to figure out what pulley is on my car. Measured top to bottom of the pulley is 3.5 inches. Does anyone know if that is the high or low boost pulley? Car has a 3.2L.

Back