• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question on my CTSC

Some of the published measurements exclude the flange, which I think makes it more difficult. I believe the high-boost pulley is described as 3.6" for a 3.2L (which would make yours a high-boost pulley). Do you have a fueling system consistent with high boost?

I can measure mine later; I have two pulleys.

Last edited:
Much appreciated. Car does have fueling mods and FIC. Bought my car second hand and not a lot of info out there on how to measure. Was trying to decipher from the SOS website, but it was not helpful, not knowing what to measure. I guess on way for sure I could hook up a boost gauge and see what PSI the car is running, but I was curious to know so I measure it before I left for work today.

You should be able to log/view data from the FIC to see the MAP under boost. Easier than hooking up an additional boost gauge. I'm pretty sure you will find that it's considered "high boost," although that has a variety of definitions.

You should be able to log/view data from the FIC to see the MAP under boost. Easier than hooking up an additional boost gauge. I'm pretty sure you will find that it's considered "high boost," although that has a variety of definitions.

I will have to find the software. Did not receive it when I bought the vehicle. Did you have a chance to measure your pulley?

I will have to find the software. Did not receive it when I bought the vehicle. Did you have a chance to measure your pulley?

Thanks for the reminder and sorry for forgetting. The pulley on my car, which makes ~7psi on my 3.2L, is 3.8" diameter at the outer flange. The other pulley I have, which Shad sold me as a high-boost pulley, is 3.695" diameter at the outer flange.

You can download the F/IC software from AEM's website.

3.5" at the flange should make a good bit of boost! I'll be interested to see what your F/IC reports.

Last edited:
Checking out the SOS website and they state their high boost pulley's. The 86mm is 3.38inches and 91mm is 3.58
[h=3]OPTIONS[/h]Whipple-based pulleys available:

• 86mm (Comptech "high boost")

1. 3.0L NSX: approximately 9 psi
  2. 3.2L NSX: approximately 8 psi
Autorotor-based pulley available:

• 91mm (Comptech "high boost")

1. 3.0L NSX: approximately 9 psi
  2. 3.2L NSX: approximately 8 psi

• 86mm (Comptech "higher boost")

1. 3.0L NSX: approximately 9.5 psi
  2. 3.2L NSX: approximately 9 ps

I'm pretty sure the standard measurement does not include the flange. That makes sense because the flange heights could be different. It's not that easy to measure the standard way though.

BTL3.0, just got it today and tried it out. It fits. We the pics, sorry for the phone pics.

Frankie

CD6FE421-8C30-4A00-933C-08F58B6BB6FF_zps11yungin.jpg

9D1344B4-795C-44C6-9F70-29C1E791123D_zpsv2vrrtcy.jpg

Frankie,
That is awesome. I will buy one. Is the dipstick that same length? I'm thinking if it is, I will score a Full mark and Low mark. Makes for easy reading.

Thanks for updating your result.

Regard,
Brandon

Brandon, you're welcome. There is 2 marking, I think for different use. The lower score marking does line up just like the original so it's perfect. Good luck in removing the old bolt.

Frankie

I placed an order after I saw your photo.
I'm still having a hell of a time trying to remove the old bolt. I'm going to try again tomorrow after going for a long drive. Maybe the heat from the engine bay will help loosen it a bit..
I already dremel a straight line and try using a fat, heavy duty, flat screwdriver but still on tight.

That's awesome you guys found a replacement oil level indicator.

I suggest anyone have the same dip stick to get a spare replacement just in case.

Finally! Got the damn thing out. Had to use a hammer and slowly tap the end of the flat head screwdriver on one edge. Slowly. It gave and its done. Waiting for the replacement to get ship.

Great Brandon! Good work. Just for that, I think you should order two! One as spare, you never know.

I'm pretty sure the standard measurement does not include the flange. That makes sense because the flange heights could be different. It's not that easy to measure the standard way though.

Just put the car away for the winter. I am going to take the S/C off of it and measure the pulley without the flange to see what pulley I actually have. Will get the AEM software, thanks for letting me know about it. Think I will either paint or send the S/C off to be powder coated.

I pulled the S/C last night and it is the Lysholm 1600, has that stamped on the underside of it, with the smaller pulley. Thank you everyone for your help.

Back