• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Quick Intro

I've been reading this forum for about two months and I like the atmosphere you ladies and gents have here; generally speaking, a more mature and intelligent forum than most.

Just an NSX enthusiast as I fell in for the x in '94 and am revisiting my desires for this car. I notice a few members ride motorcycles and my Honda RC51 has a similar aura to the x.

Looking forward to getting an x.... such a beautiful car :smile:
A late bloomer just out of college last December and looking for employment in order to put an x in the stable :biggrin:

Welcome to the forum!

I agree, this is a great forum. It is a nice perk that comes with NSX appreciation. Aside, I'm proud of, yet not surprised of, the fact that the members here are such high quality - it reflects the quality of the icon that we are all here to celebrate. :cool:

Participate in the Northwest US Region forum, and I'm sure you will find great people that will help you become directly acquainted with the NSX. :smile:

Most of us don't call it an X. The RSX owners might call their car an X. And maybe the MDX owners, too. But most of us call our car an NSX, not an X. As previously discussed here.

kgb_agent said:
You can call your car anything you wish.
Sure you can! You can even call your non-NSX car an NSX, now that you sold yours and you're driving something else. (Or, an NSX owner can call his NSX a Ferrari or a Lamborghini or a Trabant!) That doesn't mean that anybody else is going to call it that, or know what you're talking about if you call it that.

kgb_agent said:
Many owners refer to their car as an "X."
Not true. The simple fact is, most don't.

I've been to eight NSXPOs, each with 150-300 NSX owners there, as well as dozens of regional NSX Club events and other NSX gatherings, and have never heard "X" uttered, not even a single time, by anyone.

PushHands said:
I've been reading this forum for about two months and I like the atmosphere you ladies and gents have here; generally speaking, a more mature and intelligent forum than most.

+1 :smile:

PushHands said:

Just an NSX enthusiast as I fell in for the x in '94 and am revisiting my desires for this car. I notice a few members ride motorcycles and my Honda RC51 has a similar aura to the x.

Looking forward to getting an x.... such a beautiful car :smile:
A late bloomer just out of college last December and looking for employment in order to put an x in the stable :biggrin:

Welcome to NSXPrime from another relatively new member, and new owner (this spring).

Your mention of the bike thing is an interesting point, one I've pondered a few times, regarding the analogies between different models of cards an motorcyles. I've been riding bikes since I was 14, which is quickly closing in on 40 years ago. I like the RC51 and am still considering a purchase next year with luck, but the bike I think is most like the NSX is the 98-01 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor.

Think about... smaller than typical engine for it's "class", VTEC, direct mapped fuel injection and ignition, unusually good brakes at the time of introduction, very wide flat torque curve with a wide power band at the top of the RPM range, very smooth engine at any RPM range. Not the highest horsepower available, but great balance between power and handling. And lots of aluminum, and a rear suspension design with a strong racing heritage.

AND, like the NSX, very civil ergonomics.

I looked at the VFR against the VTR-1000 back in 1999, and the VTR looked like it was built by a different company, or maybe just a prototype.

The RC51 is a great bike, but sacrifices a few things in order to deliver more in some other important areas. The VFR, like the NSX, is about balance. Put a Corbin seat on the VFR and you can cover a heck of a lot of miles in relative comfort, quite quickly.

51beau4.JPG

Congrats on finishing up college (my daughter's runing a little "late" in that department herself, but still working away at it), and hope you find a job that puts you behind the wheel of a nice NSX of whatever year you eventually find and choose.

~Jon

Attachments

• vfr_cut_Smaller2.jpg
    vfr_cut_Smaller2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,450
Welcome.

GAWD you guys with the bikes are making me drool. Alas, it is probably never going to happen. :frown:

I used to have a 2000 Honda RC51 and a 2002 Honda CBR600F4i, but they both got stolen :mad: The RC51 is still my all time favorite motorcycle. Great choice! Now get an NSX! :biggrin:

I have never referred to my NSX as an "X" and can't foresee ever doing so. To many other "X" cars out there. Just my opinion.

nsxtasy said:
Sure you can! You can even call your non-NSX car an NSX, now that you sold yours and you're driving something else. (Or, an NSX owner can call his NSX a Ferrari or a Lamborghini or a Trabant!) That doesn't mean that anybody else is going to call it that, or know what you're talking about if you call it that.

Not true. The simple fact is, most don't.

I've been to eight NSXPOs, each with 150-300 NSX owners there, as well as dozens of regional NSX Club events and other NSX gatherings, and have never heard "X" uttered, not even a single time, by anyone.

Dude, give it a rest. The words many and most are not synonymous. There are plenty of posts on here by NSX owners past & present that refer to the car as an X. And I am not going to actually search for the posts as I have already read them. Your analogy of calling non-NSX cars "X" or calling an F-car "NSX" is ridiculous; the letter X is part of the name of the car.

This will be my last post on Prime. It is a truly great website held back by a tiny number of uptight, post whore know-it-alls.

kgb_agent said:
Dude, give it a rest. The words many and most are not synonymous. There are plenty of posts on here by NSX owners past & present that refer to the car as an X. And I am not going to actually search for the posts as I have already read them. Your analogy of calling non-NSX cars "X" or calling an F-car "NSX" is ridiculous; the letter X is part of the name of the car.

This will be my last post on Prime. It is a truly great website held back by a tiny number of uptight, post whore know-it-alls.

Well said. For the record, I refer to mine as an X sometimes, too. My car isn't my life and if I lost it I wouldn't really care so I don't mind confusing it with whatever other Xs there are out there.

PS: don't stop posting on here because of a few annoying apples.

Wow :confused: some of you are that upset with Ken telling a newbie that X is not a typical pseudonym for the nsx,that it would push you to leave prime forever :confused: Anyway welcome to all,even Malcom :wink:

Welcome to prime. I got a wealth of info here before purchasing my car and, when it was time, I even purchased my NSX from a member - just after graduation last May :biggrin: . Get a job and get an NSX!

Welcome aboard! I've got a Ninja but I'm thinking about grabbing one of these babies come winter time.

CBR1000RR_Black_Metallic_Silver.jpg

Anyway, I've never understood why people get their panties in a bunch over what they call their own car.

I think X rolls off the tongue better. Worse yet, I call mine the X-Box b/c it is craploads of fun.

My friends frequently point out that I could have had a Corvette for less money and that I spent $30k+ on a 14 yr old rice rocket. King of Ricers. Blah Blah Blah.

F'km all. It's mine. :biggrin:

Is there some great protectorate designated (self-appointed) to preserve the purity of the marque less it will suddenly diminish the integrity if so demeaned?

Personally, I don't give a rat's a$$ whether anyone chooses to call their car an x - or y or z for that matter.

Hey there, pushhands!

Looks like you and I will be in the same boat - I graduated out of college last July, and have been working since, saving up for a shiny NSX! :)

Actually, i'm *very*, *very*, *VERY* torn between a mid 90s NSX or a 2005 lotus elise. Both have such pros and cons, it's tough to decide.

Good luck! :)

menuserve said:
welcome to the board... i searched on here for a couple weeks reading before purchasing my NSX a couple weeks ago. glad i did and i'm meeting some awesome people on here with tons of knowledge.

Agreed! I love it here .. WELCOME!! :biggrin:

Hmmm, bikers!
Here are 2 of my other Hondas.
Welcome aboard. BTW, I've never called my NSX an "X" and never will, just like I have never called my NSR an "R". These are special names for special machines.:wink:
Steve

Attachments

• NSR250SP (Medium).jpg
    NSR250SP (Medium).jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 197
  • CBR929RR (Medium).jpg
    CBR929RR (Medium).jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 205
Thanks for the warm welcome folks and appreciate your thoughts on titling the NSX as X. I look forward to contributing what I can to this group :)

edit: you folks have some nice bikes with good character. That NSR is a pusre classic and I will say that the VFR is in the sport tourer class and the RC51 is in the 'pure' sportbike class. And I appreciate that there are different strokes for different folks.

Jonmarsh said:
The VFR, like the NSX, is about balance.

~Jon

exactly...I am also in that same school of thought.
My other honda is a 87 VFR 700. I don't get to ride it, but at least I get to keep it...and I have my 03 NSX.

btw I'm in san francisco also...good luck getting you NSX

Back