• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

quick-spool turbo kit

Then again, I'm a noob and have done literally no research on the subject.

For $4000 , you would be getting some pretty crappy product . But I may have a used kit coming up that I can sell for about that price...

Then again, I'm a noob and have done literally no research on the subject.

it would be tough to find a new turbo for that price, unless you DIY like marc richmond did. Maybe a used one from someone? Used BBSC turns up now and again in the $3-5k range, depending on what it includes.. GMSC is pretty rare, and CTSC typically sell for more than that.

You could do a killer nitrous setup for under that price. Or you can listen to Hugh and just light the motor on fire and get it out of the way.

A quick google search shows me that new turbochargers cost around $1500-2000.

What takes the typical turbo kit prices to $9000+?

A quick google search shows me that new turbochargers cost around $1500-2000.

What takes the typical turbo kit prices to $9000+?

NSX isnt a typical car , lotta R&D work needs to be done

id say angus is the most reasonable price.

Great topic, I will be fabbing up my own kit on my NSX in a few weeks. Can't wait to see the total price outcome..:biggrin:

Thanks for dogging me STMPO. You know we just left Starbucks. I had a coffee in my hand and I was holding the camera. If you recall it was before we finished the intercooler install. Some one did pick up that I never drove over 3000 RPM. I hope to see you soon and let’s try the new Turbo set up. I will sell the BBSC with the cooler.
Turbo is NEXXXT!!!
???? Yours will make more HP than mine I am shore. I did get jammed at 91MPH on the way home.
Good luck with the research.

LOL... I was just trying to compare the torque over the hp advantage... bad video clip to use as an example...

See you in late March early April

I am doing my own setup woth the help of one of angus' turbos. let me say that all the little things start adding up quickly!!

I know that when I first bought my NSX , (even though I am in the business of building turbo kits) I would have jumped at the chance to buy a turbo kit at the price of mine!
It just depends on how much your time is worth , do you want to spend hours and hours fabbing parts and searching for parts and pieces here and there , not to mention if the parts you end up with don't quite work out and you have to re-do it , or worse , you cause damage to something.

I have brought this kit to market with the intention providing an obtainable turbo kit for the NSX community and I think that if one were to do the research , they would find it hard to piece together a kit for the same money , especially with the same quality materials , products , fit and finish.

Last edited:
My friends in the Supra community have figured this dilemma out. Two companies: Boost Logic and Sound Performance
1.) Boost Logic from Texas has innovated a compound turbo system for the 2JZ, very similar to what is used in diesel applications. On a 3.0 liter motor, it has already pumped out over 300 lb-ft torque at 3000 rpm. This setup seems VERY promising.
BLcompounddyno.jpg

2.) Sound Performance in Illinois has a quick-spool valve using a divided manifold and an aftermarket first; sequential turbo system. Here's an overlay graph. One is a 3.4 L setup vs. a 3.0. The 3.4L setup utilizes the valve and they both use GT45R80 turbos. Quite large.
seabaskareem.jpg

Here's Sound Performance's sequential setup:
8243115908.jpg

8243115910.jpg

3.) The new billet ball-bearing turbo options also seem promising in decreasing lag.

Back