• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

R.I.P. Jeff Ling also known as Racerxjling

It is with great sadness that I am informing to you all that Jeff Ling has passed away last night on September 7, 2010. At this moment I am not able to express my feelings as it is a very heartbreaking event of losing a friend. It is also very hard to imagine what his family is going through. I really felt he was going to recover out of this and I hope his wife, brother, parents, nieces and nephews will be able to get through this grief. It is just hard to say anything good and I don't know what to say. I really liked him a lot, he was a good person, a big person inside which only indicates how big of a heart he has. He had a tremendous will to fight his cancer and can't believe how he was able to go outside under his health conditions. I am honored to have him even visit me, with such difficulties. I hope his family can begin the healing process.

I will be posting more details as it is available and I don't want to post anything private unless it is approved by family friends. I will be making a few more posts on the behalf of his close friend.

When it comes to situations like this, I'm not good with words. If anything above was offensive or insensitive, please do let me know. Nothing I write here is intended to intensify any grievance. My main points that I wanted to put is simply this:

* I will miss Jeff
* I admire Jeff for who he is and what he has done with his life
* Jeff was a great person
* I hope the best for his family
* I highly value the time I had with him

Below a message from a close friend of his.

==========================================================================

Born: Dec. 16th, 1968
UCI grad
Practiced optometry in 1998.
Ran his own successful optometry practice from 2002-today. Married to Jane Ling. Lived in Anaheim Hills.

A dedicated son
A caring uncle
A devoted Lakers fan
A NSX enthusiast
A great friend
A loving husband
You are greatly missed.

Married to Jane Ling.

===========================================================================

Information of His Memorial Services

jeffryling1.jpg

jeffryling2.jpg

Last edited:
It is incredibly sad, I am still trying to process it. He was a such great person, so warm and full of life.

He will be missed terribly.

Please send my condolences to his family. My prayers are with them... I think no words can ever fully describe the emotion of such sadness...

This is truly very sad to learn. Jeff was indeed a very good guy, and has lent me a helping hand when I needed it.

This is a tragic loss, and he will be missed.

My condolences and prayers go out to all whom he has left behind.

RIP, Jeff. :frown:

PS. Thanks, Peter, for letting us know. Please send our condolences to Jane and the rest of his family if you speak with them.

Last edited:
Very sad and sorry....Jeff will be missed, but not forgotten.

RIP buddy and condolences to his family.

Last edited:
Very, very sad news. I dealt with Jeff who was an upstanding man. How old was he? Was he chronically ill or did he pass acutely?
Condolences to all his loved ones.
Steve

I'm so sorry to hear of this very sad news of Jeff's passing. I remember the last time I spoke with Jeff was at the Downforce facility just over a year ago and of course we spoke about our NSX's.

My prayers and condolences go out to his family and close friends.

Mike

Peter... You did a great job articulating what must have been a very difficult post to write.

I was really hoping not to read a thread like this. :frown:

RIP Jeff. Will miss you lots buddy.

My sincerest condolences to the Ling family, this news has brought forth great sadness and disbelief. I am honored to have met and interacted with a man of integrity and virtue.
RIP Jeff :frown:
Pablo

Unfortunately never met him in person. But did exchange PM's. You could tell by his posts/pm's what kind of person he was. RIP, I wish his family the absolute best in this sad time.

I purchase my nsx from Jeff and we have been friends since. Our lives are so similar in all aspect from work to cars. We think very alike. I have always felt I could trust in confiding with him. Truly feels like I lost a brother.

I miss him dearly.

Danny

Very sorry to hear this, I had a few dealings with Jeff and he was always great to deal with - truly a nice guy -

I am lost for words...........May you rest in peace buddy. After reading this, my motivation for life achievement just went out of the door. I don't care what is going on tomorrow, I will be going fishing.

cancer sucks.....I hope the family can find some peace and comfort in each other and enjoy the memories of him in good health....sincere condolances..

My deepest thoughts and prayers go out to Jeff's family. Sorry for your loss.:frown:

R.I.P. Jeff. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

I'm so sorry to hear of this very sad news. My prayers and condolences go out to his family and close friends.

Back