• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

rc sl4-550 injectors on 91 nsx

I'm gonna use these injectors on 91 with aem ems. Do I need to remove the resistor box or bypass it? if so how do i bypass it ? just connect two wires together? Thanks

Last edited:
I'm gonna use these injectors on 91 with aem ems. Do I need to remove the resistor box or bypass it? if so how do i bypass it ? just connect two wires together? Thanks

Best way would be to get the oem plug from auto wrecker (or me) and solder all the wires together , then just plug it in , this will avoid cutting any of your car's wires and you can go back to stock in a snap! I could even send you the plug ready to go!

Best way would be to get the oem plug from auto wrecker (or me) and solder all the wires together , then just plug it in , this will avoid cutting any of your car's wires and you can go back to stock in a snap! I could even send you the plug ready to go!

Or, you can buy the right injectors :p

Or, you can buy the right injectors :p

i thought I did, I just bought these injectors from titaniumdave. I ask him " Do they work on 91 nsx" and he said "yes". Then when I got them, they"re saturated not peak and hold. I once again ask him" Are you sure they gonna work my 91 nsx which has a resistor box?" and he said "I had not problem with my 91, controlled with an AEM ECU. An AEM FIC should support them too!". I should just run stock vr4 or dsm injectors if I don't wanna spend money

Last edited:
Well doc since you are trying to save money , you could run some other injectors like you mention , but it is a pretty critical component. Just get the correct parts , there is nothing wrong with running the high impedance ones you already have , just bypass the box with a plug , if you are getting other parts from me , I will just send you one free.

Well doc since you are trying to save money , you could run some other injectors like you mention , but it is a pretty critical component. Just get the correct parts , there is nothing wrong with running the high impedance ones you already have , just bypass the box with a plug , if you are getting other parts from me , I will just send you one free.

I know that's why I bought this injectors. He has 91 too so I thought they're peak and hold without asking. Thanks for offering me more free stuff

Sorry but there are more than two wires , I think you are looking at the wrong component.

Sorry but there are more than two wires , I think you are looking at the wrong component.

Ya, I think you're looking at the wrong part :p

You can basically, just reverse the process listed here:
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/resistorboxwiring/resistor_box_wiring.php

IMO, why not sell the ones you got, and buy a set low-impredance injectors? They cost the same. Or, if you're making less than 400whp-ish, just run a set of DMS 450cc injectors... plug and play and they are low-impedance. You can get a set for under $100. (set of 6 though.. not 4 :p)

But ya, you don't want to use high impedance injectors WITH a resistor box. You will be hindering the injector driver performance and solenoid response time.

after looked at wiring diagram in the service manual i found the resistors box

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 136
seems weird even titaniumdave run saturated injectors with resistor box without any problem. Aem ems must be control it somehow. I don't know anything about tuning so can some tuner explain this.

seems weird even titaniumdave run saturated injectors with resistor box without any problem. Aem ems must be control it somehow. I don't know anything about tuning so can some tuner explain this.

I *am* a tuner and very familiar with the AEM (all other systems). The injectors fire, but it is certainly not ideal. The impedance per driver is far too high (ohms).

A high impedance driver has an internal resistance of 12.5ohms. A low impedance driver is around 2.5ohms.

The idea of the resistor box is to bring the resistance of a low-imp. driver to 12.5-14.0ohms.

So basically, you are running a driver already at 12.5ohms, and then increasing the resistance (lowering the voltage) with the resistor box.

The high impedance driver will not have enough current to "slam" open fast enough (response time), and dwell voltage to maintain the open time (duty cycle). The high-imp injector is designed to work on a single voltage value for "open" and "dwell".

A low-imp. injector is called "peak and hold" because, it uses a higher voltage (peak voltage) to "slam open" the solenoid (response time), then a lower voltage to keep the solenoid open during the dwell (hold) time.

Again, although it "may" have worked, it is certainly NOT the way to do it.

The AEM EMS will not "bypass" the resistor box in any way, not does it have a "setting" to use a resistor box with high-impedance injectors.

It (resistor box) *must* be removed if you're using high-imp injectors.

Last edited:
if I cant sell these injectors by the time I'm ready to install turbo, I'm just gonna use them but I'll bypass the resister box. I have a punch d and b series wire harness, I'm pretty I can find the right 8 pins plug for it. Thanks

Last edited:
Those injectors will work if you listen to what we are telling you to do. If you want to sell them, that is cool also.

if I cant sell these injectors by the time I'm ready to install turbo, I'm just gonna use them but I'll bypass the resister box. I have a punch d and b series wire harness, I'm pretty I can find the right 8 pins plug for it. Thanks

Yes , the plug you need is on the ditributor on OBD1 D or B series

so this is the resistor box that has to be removed?and what wires do i have to bypass?

no this is the resistor box to need to remove and bypass. All you have to do is connect all the wires together.

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 116
no this is the resistor box to need to remove and bypass. All you have to do is connect all the wires together.

You got the plug , right?

i thought I did, I just bought these injectors from titaniumdave. I ask him " Do they work on 91 nsx" and he said "yes". Then when I got them, they"re saturated not peak and hold. I once again ask him" Are you sure they gonna work my 91 nsx which has a resistor box?" and he said "I had not problem with my 91, controlled with an AEM ECU. An AEM FIC should support them too!". I should just run stock vr4 or dsm injectors if I don't wanna spend money

daves inj will work fine with the ems you are using as it has built in support for peak hold standard on a 91 or the larger 550 sats, you adjust your duty cycle to correct a/f on the ems on the originals I thing you can check them for 2.5 volts p/h if I am lost about the correct voltage remind me whats correct for the 240cc 91 injectors later they went to 270ish sat inj for the 3.2 again its been awhile working on a c30

Last edited:
Back