• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Re: White 02-05

Through a Facebook coincidence, I think I found another one of the 2005 Whites locally. Apparently, it will be up for sale soon. Trying to find more info on this car. Stay tuned.

Through a Facebook coincidence, I think I found another one of the 2005 Whites locally. Apparently, it will be up for sale soon. Trying to find more info on this car. Stay tuned.

Turns out it's the 2002 #42 that was up for sale earlier this year...

i feel bad for this nsx.. i really do.. it's not in the best shape.. i think this was the one that had a comptech supercharger on it, but the new owner removed it??

Ad says it's still on the car. Looks pretty good in pics is it salvage or something?

i feel bad for this nsx.. i really do.. it's not in the best shape.. i think this was the one that had a comptech supercharger on it, but the new owner removed it??

I believe the vehicle you are referring to was RyanITV's previous car. 2005, #170. It was fully converted to an NSX-R theme and sold to Sung in California, who promptly removed the NSX-R wheels, supercharger, and many of the other high priced items. Last i heard, the car wasn't in the best shape. That car has a black top though...

does anyone here know anything about this car? what is his history?

i ve emailed the seller but have no gotten a reply yet

Everyone....(the guy's post above lol NOT "everyone") I live about 20 mins away from that guy... well the city its listed as "pompano Bch" if ya need someone to check it out i can look at it for ya...i am NOT an NSX expert by any means just a car lover and happen to be local If you search the Vin# here you will find another post on that car with alot more info about it...

Happy to help if possible

Everyone....(the guy's post above lol NOT "everyone") I live about 20 mins away from that guy... well the city its listed as "pompano Bch" if ya need someone to check it out i can look at it for ya...i am NOT an NSX expert by any means just a car lover and happen to be local If you search the Vin# here you will find another post on that car with alot more info about it...

Happy to help if possible

thanks for ur offer. im going to wait for the seller to email me back. so far its been 4 days , still no answer.

White cars are VERY RARE (one of the fun facts I like to share with other car guys) so I asked one of our local nsxprime members to assist me with this engine plaque! :biggrin:

It reads: "1 of only 4 built for 2004" hehe

IMG_5188.jpg

Last edited:

Quick update on 2005 cars #069 and #128

All 2002-2005 Cars are T.

2001:
#040 Grand Prix White/Onyx T
#041 Grand Prix White/Onyx T (for sale 2/2006 in Indianapolis, IN)
#062 Grand Prix White/Camel Coupe (member 'whiteNSXs' as of 4/2009)
#111 Grand Prix White/Camel T (member 'WA-NSX' original owner as of 4/2009)
#127 Grand Prix White/Onyx T
Automatic #09 Grand Prix White/Onyx T (for sale 6/2008 on Autotrader)

2002:
#008 Grand Prix White/Onyx
#012 Grand Prix White/Camel (member 'dxd' as of 11/2008)
#014 Grand Prix White/Camel (sold 8/2007 by member 'sinner')
#042 Grand Prix White/White (for sale 4/2009 in San Jose, CA)
#108 Grand Prix White/White
#113 Grand Prix White/Camel (member 'Steven Allen' as of 4/2009, previously member 'Bavarian' until 8/2007, previously member 'subwaysam' until 2/2006)
#150 Grand Prix White/Onyx
#186 Grand Prix White/Onyx (member 'serialNSXer' as of 3/2009)
#242 Grand Prix White/White
Automatic #10 Grand Prix White/Camel (for sale 4/2009 in Erie, PA)

2003:
#147: Grand Prix White/White (member 'carboy219' as of 6/2008, previously for sale 1/2005 on Autotrader)
#148: Grand Prix White/White
#154: Grand Prix White/Camel (for sale 10/2008 by member 'TN-NSX')

2004:
#T000034 Grand Prix White/Camel (sold 4/2009 in Costa Mesa, CA)
#T000143 Grand Prix White/Onyx (member 's4play' as of 4/2009, previously member 'dc935' until 4/2008, previously member 'fannsx' original owner until 10/2007)
#S000038 Grand Prix White/White
Automatic #T000002 Grand Prix White/White (sold 12/2008 in Concord, CA)

2005:
#005 Grand Prix White/Onyx (for sale 11/2008 by member 'maximumperformance', for sale 3/2008 on eBay)
#069 Grand Prix White/Onyx (In PA as of 11/2009, original owner was also in PA)
#072 Grand Prix White/Camel (for sale 1/2009 by member '2Rsky')
#114 Grand Prix White/Onyx (for sale 3/2009 on eBay, for sale 3/2007 by member '98SUPRATT')
#128 Grand Prix White/White (In MN as of 12/2008, 3rd owner was in IA, 2nd owner in IL, original owner in MO and IL, totalled in 7/2006, salvage title)
#150 Grand Prix White/White (member 'Hothonda' original owner as of 4/2009)
#170 Grand Prix White/Onyx member (for sale 1/2009 in Burlingame, CA, previously member 'sycosho' until 12/2008, previously member 'RyanITV' original owner until 7/2006)

thanks Ben, you are da man! I wish we can change the title of this thread to something more fitting......

Did you guys know the GPW s2000 CR (only made in 2008) has only 8 cars total! That makes it just as rare as the NSX of this color! :biggrin:

2005....#150 still alive & well

GP_White_05_NSX.jpg

#072 Grand Prix White/Camel (for sale 1/2009 by member '2Rsky')

This one is no longer in the States. I talked to the previous owner in October, and it was sold to a guy in Hong Kong.

This one is no longer in the States. I talked to the previous owner in October, and it was sold to a guy in Hong Kong.

Interesting, as of 11/2009, it's still in Hawaii. I guess maybe things don't update as quickly sometime.

What is the Hong Kong guy gonna do with the car? RHD in HK. It seems to have made more sense if the HK guy gets one in Japan instead. I would.
Steve

What is the Hong Kong guy gonna do with the car? RHD in HK. It seems to have made more sense if the HK guy gets one in Japan instead. I would.
Steve

That's exactly what I thought. My buddy in Hong Kong told me that they can't even drive it legally in HK. The best they can do is to put a dealer plate on it and sit it in a showroom. The other possibility is that they'll eventually import it into China, which is a LHD country.

I just ran an autocheck on the VIN, and it just had a title change on 11/04/09. The seller updated it as sold on prime on 11/15/09.

I spoke with the Hawaii owner of this car numerous times and I almost bought this car when I was on the search for my GPW ~ it's a sexy car that's bone stock but I just wasn't sure about the camel interior.

So one less GPW on the open market now that's it out of US jurisdiction! :tongue:

I was just thinking the other day how bad ass it would be to drive my NSX in China or HK - for those who have not traveled to Asia, most nice cars do not come out til late at night.

In Taiwan for example the streets are clogged with traffic and scooters and any of them could side-swipe you at any moment leaving you with very little recourse. My buddy has one of the few s2000's he imported (costed him over $70k USD to bring the car there after taxes) and we attracted more attention than most cars. While I was in Beijing I saw ZERO nice cars during the day and even if I had a nice car I would not bring it out. However at night, saw a few Ferrari's zooming around town by these old big shots. Keep in mind a Ferrari of any year commands around $300-400k USD minimum after taxes there :eek:

I was just thinking the other day how bad ass it would be to drive my NSX in China or HK - for those who have not traveled to Asia, most nice cars do not come out til late at night.

In Taiwan for example the streets are clogged with traffic and scooters and any of them could side-swipe you at any moment leaving you with very little recourse. My buddy has one of the few s2000's he imported (costed him over $70k USD to bring the car there after taxes) and we attracted more attention than most cars. While I was in Beijing I saw ZERO nice cars during the day and even if I had a nice car I would not bring it out. However at night, saw a few Ferrari's zooming around town by these old big shots. Keep in mind a Ferrari of any year commands around $300-400k USD minimum after taxes there :eek:

My wife and I were relocated to Taipei for two years. NSX will "wow" people both day or night, but if you really bring it out among those "night racing club" guys, they'll politely say "nice car" and leave you on the curbside with pity. There are only 3 to 4 exotic car clubs in Taiwan, and at least two of them don't accept cars that have fewer than 500hp. They can bring out 80 cars a night and most of them are "real European exotics". My 08 E60 M5 was considered an entry-level car there. I heard the HK exotic car clubs are even more snobby.

For a NSX you'll need to find the right group of people to appreciate it. There is a "Honda JDM club" in Taiwan, and they have several NSXs and about 20 S2Ks. They have regular club events you can join. They also accept other JDM cars like your IS-F, so I am sure they'll love you. The nicest thing about it is you can drive with people of similar cars and interests. Here's a video: (http://videoportal.aol.tw/video-detail/taiwan-honda-jdm-club/1846060814/?icid=VIDURV02)

My wife and I were relocated to Taipei for two years. NSX will "wow" people both day or night, but if you really bring it out among those "night racing club" guys, they'll politely say "nice car" and leave you on the curbside with pity. There are only 3 to 4 exotic car clubs in Taiwan, and at least two of them don't accept cars that have fewer than 500hp. They can bring out 80 cars a night and most of them are "real European exotics". My 08 E60 M5 was considered an entry-level car there. I heard the HK exotic car clubs are even more snobby.

For a NSX you'll need to find the right group of people to appreciate it. There is a "Honda JDM club" in Taiwan, and they have several NSXs and about 20 S2Ks. They have regular club events you can join. They also accept other JDM cars like your IS-F, so I am sure they'll love you. The nicest thing about it is you can drive with people of similar cars and interests. Here's a video: (http://videoportal.aol.tw/video-detail/taiwan-honda-jdm-club/1846060814/?icid=VIDURV02)

thanks for chiming in! I never lived in Taiwan before so I was not aware of those things...

So when you say "exotic Euro" are we talking Lambo/F-car or like BMW/Mercedes? My buddy in HK has a car porter that takes care of his EVO, Skyline R34 and the 997 Turbo but never heard of clubs being snobby. But I guess in any culture you got snobby groups just like here in the US :rolleyes:

Guess who bought it? Its the same gentleman that bought my rare 2002 Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx and he's a smart man. He bought mine without any negotiation so I presume the ex-owner in Hawaii got that same deal as well. He sent me an e-mail update showing me pics of the Imola and mentioned he'd just bought this White NSX.

He knows which NSX's are rare and buying them up.:wink: I know he already owns a NA1 Type R, Mugen Civic RR, my ex-Imola and now this White/Tan...

Last edited:

Guess who bought it? Its the same gentleman that bought my rare 2002 Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx and he's a smart man. He bought mine without any negotiation so I presume the ex-owner in Hawaii got that same deal as well. He sent me an e-mail update showing me pics of the Imola and mentioned he'd just bought this White NSX.

He knows which NSX's are rare and buying them up.:wink: I know he already owns a NA1 Type R, Mugen Civic RR, my ex-Imola and now this White/Tan...

Serious?! Wow!

Back