• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ready for water injection! A few Qs

After all the replies to my water injection thread ( http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83624 ) I am ready to take the plunge :biggrin:

My plan is to buy the Aquamist 1S kit set to activate at 4-5psi with a one-way check valve on the water line and the water jet mounted just before the throttle body. This will allow the water and air to mix before the throttle plate and before it enters the CTSC.
The other option would be for me to use their 2c unit controlled by my AEM EMS but this seems like more trouble than necessary for a simple on/off system.

Am I missing anything? Is this the best brand kit to use, regardless of cost?

After all the replies to my water injection thread ( http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83624 ) I am ready to take the plunge :biggrin:

My plan is to buy the Aquamist 1S kit set to activate at 4-5psi with a one-way check valve on the water line and the water jet mounted just before the throttle body. This will allow the water and air to mix before the throttle plate and before it enters the CTSC.
The other option would be for me to use their 2c unit controlled by my AEM EMS but this seems like more trouble than necessary for a simple on/off system.

Am I missing anything? Is this the best brand kit to use, regardless of cost?

That system is WAY NICE. You do not need the 2s system. That is more for people who are running multiple boost settings in such where you would want the meth injection to also compensate and run more water/meth.

The 1s system is VERY NICE. One thing though. Most mount the injection nozzle 4-8 inches before the throttle plate to allow it to mix well with the air, and I have followed this advice with great success but it has always been on a turbo set-up where the air is under pressure so it atomizes well.

I wonder what, if anything, would need to be changed being that it is being injected in a vacuum?

This is one question I can't answer for you hell-bent, maybe someone else can chime in.

J. R.

Maybe Armondo could chime in on this. He made his kit using Aquamist components but saved quite a bit of money....if I remember correctly only cost him around $400

Maybe Armondo could chime in on this. He made his kit using Aquamist components but saved quite a bit of money....if I remember correctly only cost him around $400

Putting together you own system is very easy. I wish Armondo could help in understanding where to place the injection nozzle under a vacum but he is turbo'd so would be no help in a supercharged application where injection occures under vacum before the throttle plate.

J. R.

I would let the AEM control the injection pump, since you already have the AEM . No need to add more sensors than needed, less is more. I would not go with the Aquamist pump as we had nothing but trouble with it and after installing 3 we decided to go with a Jabsco manufactured pump. We mounted it up front and it has worked flawlessly from day one. Depending on where you mount the Aquamist pump in relation to your reservoir, you might need to also add a booster/primer pump as the Aquamist pump will not pull or push your mix from one end of the car to the other.Here are a few pictures of my setup.

Car008.jpg

Car007.jpg

Car009.jpg

Armando

I wish Armondo could help in understanding where to place the injection nozzle under a vacum but he is turbo'd so would be no help in a supercharged application where injection occures under vacum before the throttle plate.

J. R.

The difference between the CTSC and a turbo system or the BBSC is the amount of air going through the throttle body itself. Since the CTSC does its boosting after the throttle body you would need more atomization of whatever it is you are injecting , easily acheived by correctly sizing the nozzle.

Armando

The difference between the CTSC and a turbo system or the BBSC is the amount of air going through the throttle body itself. Since the CTSC does its boosting after the throttle body you would need more atomization of whatever it is you are injecting , easily acheived by correctly sizing the nozzle.

Armando

Correct.....but do you know armondo the differences that may come about in injecting the water/meth in a vacuum environment as opposed from a Pressured environment as you and I are used to? I know what I have read, but I only post things I KNOW are true not what I read else-where and haven’t tested myself. I wish more people would do this to keep the BS down on the forums. Have you ever done a water/meth set-up in a vacuum state?

If someone finds a good reliable answer let me know as I would like to know this also.

Correct.....but do you know armondo the differences that may come about in injecting the water/meth in a vacuum environment as opposed from a Pressured environment as you and I are used to? I know what I have read, but I only post things I KNOW are true not what I read else-where and haven’t tested myself. I wish more people would do this to keep the BS down on the forums. Have you ever done a water/meth set-up in a vacuum state?

If someone finds a good reliable answer let me know as I would like to know this also.

An engine is basically an air pump, wether you push or pull the air thru, the throttle body still sees air. The amount of air you are pushing thru the area where you are injecting shold be the only factor in determining the amount of injection required to either minimize IATs or increase the AF ratio.

Armando

Great info guys!

So far it looks pretty simple other than deciding on which brand of kit to buy and what size nozzle to use.

It is surprising to hear that MiamieNeSeX had issues with the Aquamist pump since they have been around for ages and they are not cheap. Who makes the kits with the Jabsco pumps? I don't care if the kit costs $400 or $1000, I want the best built, best performing, most complete and best looking components available.

My plan was to install an aux water tank in the rear trunk area.

If cost is not an issue, consider FJO's system. They are very high quality, i.e. stainless steel plumbing fittings. With your AEM you can control the duty cycle based on the boost. The components aren't cheap, I paid roughly $1,000 including the electronic controller for the sprayer. With the controllability of the sprayer, I can start spraying earlier (at 2.0 psi) with a 20% duty cycle. This lets me run a little more timing than I could with a system without a sophisticated control mechanism for the sprayer.

If cost is not an issue, consider FJO's system. They are very high quality, i.e. stainless steel plumbing fittings. With your AEM you can control the duty cycle based on the boost. The components aren't cheap, I paid roughly $1,000 including the electronic controller for the sprayer. With the controllability of the sprayer, I can start spraying earlier (at 2.0 psi) with a 20% duty cycle. This lets me run a little more timing than I could with a system without a sophisticated control mechanism for the sprayer.

This sounds like the ideal kit for me! Do you have any photos of your set up? Are you also using a CTSC?

Hell-Bent,
I think you will be very happy with the FJO system as long as cost is not an issue. The components are very high quality. I have twin turbos.
I'd be happy to post photos but I don't know how to post photos on Prime. Could someone tell me know to post photos? Otherwise, I could send them to your email.

Back