• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear Camera looks like Sxxt, Please help !

Hi all brand new to the forum, just got the car 2 weeks ago and I love it but there are some fetures that I dont understand why they are NOT on the car, as an example:

*Blind spot
*Front camera
*Top view camera

Nevertheless the rear camera is horrible it looks like a 2005 spec car in regards to quality. so can you guys please confirm the quality of the picture of your rearview camera ? may be I got a defective one ?

thank you all in advance

blind spot and front lift would be my preferences for the facelift upgrades. however, there doesnt appear to be many places to mount the blind spot units in the rear corners.

blind spot and front lift would be my preferences for the facelift upgrades. however, there doesnt appear to be many places to mount the blind spot units in the rear corners.

Yeah I have to agree with the the front lift so I will add that to the list lol, Any comments on the rear camera view how is yours looking as previously stated my looks like its early 2000's technology even my wife that doesnt care much about cars said something :mad:

My rear view camera works fine

Any chance you have some shmootz on your camera lens?

Any missing features should be blamed on Turd Klaus

suspension lift was a big miss
every owner would have checked that option box for 3-4k

I totally agree

The car is a no go for anyone that lives in a typical condo building with a ramp based parking garage

The no electric folding mirrors was another Turd screw up. I have to get out of my car to fold them to get into my garage and to unfold them when I take the car out.

I hate that it’s missing power folding mirrors too. I’ve found though that I can just fold the drivers side and I can make it in my garage. That way I don’t have to get out each time. You might give that a try. I have the standard ~8ft wide garage.

my screen looks fine

agree with the above and wtd to add
no dynamic headlight (or whatever its called when you turn the steering wheel, my 5 yr old porsche and lexus have them)
I dont like the trunk popping back open when I over stuff it and can close it (soft clothing in a duffel bag will make this happen)
I don't like the alarm going off if I open the trunk before disarming (before the proximity sensor pops the door handles open)
I don't care for the gas filler holding the nozzle back in (happened once so far) when I tried to remove it as normal (thinking I would break something)- should have instructions for when this happens
a rear wiper would be nice since I cant park it inside my garage due to not being able to clear the entry of my driveway (goes back to needing front lifter). Also would like heated side mirrors (Unless I'm wrong and we do have these?).

Thats all I can think of at the moment, still loving the car but these things would make it better

Thanks I'll have to check tomorrow before the next time I need to use them. I couldn't see out the rear or the sides the other day and was in a hurry. Parking outside and being coastal problems

If you have other newer high end cars yes this camera appears very dated.

Front lift would of been key. The only thing I keep telling myself is thank god it’s a lease. If I bought these cars I’d have a nervous breakdown. I also live in LA and these roads are horrible.

Mirrors don’t bother me because my garages are large.

I don’t think I have any other complaints. Everything else I’m content with. I really love going in quiet mode and trying to milk the ev especially in traffic. Amazing feature.

The camera appears to be the same as in my TLX. Colors look a little funny.

Yes my backup camera looks a little fuzzy and unclear, even compared to my 2009 Nissan Maxima that I owned which had excellent back up camera. Not sure if it's due to the fact this has multiple angles/views and such.

I think a 360 degree view camera is essential due to how wide the car is, and visibility to the area immediately outside the car is not good, so it's hard to feel / know where the boundaries of the car is. I am nervous driving around in parking lots, afraid I'll hit a curb when turning because I have no idea where the car is, edge wise when I'm turning it. They have this on cheap Nissan cars and SUVs, it would be essential to have it since you can't easily add it in after-market.

From a lift perspective thankfully there will be after-market options. I'm getting the iLift system via SOS so I can feel use the NSX in more places. It's essential to enjoying the car in more places and worry less, imho.

The mirrors - yes I have to get out and fold them every time before I put the car in the garage, and unfold them before I drive, I can live with it, but it would have been very nice to have power folding mirrors.

Last edited:
Agreed with OP. The backup camera on the car is horrible. Comparing to a GTR and TLX, it is the worst of the three by a long shot. It's like going from 1080p to SD and that's not an exaggeration based on a side-by-side comparison.

Agree with the comments on the suspension lift. Anyone installed the SOS front bumper protectors?

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/inde...eed-uhmw-front-bumper-guards-nsx-2017-on.html

Yes I have the SOS front bumper protectors installed, they are great!! This car is lower than my 1st gen lowered NSX, and I managed to scrape the bottom rubber strip / guard underneath the bumper just going down my driveway at an angle! So I am very glad I have the bumper guards installed, and will get the iLift as well.

Yes I have the SOS front bumper protectors installed, they are great!! This car is lower than my 1st gen lowered NSX, and I managed to scrape the bottom rubber strip / guard underneath the bumper just going down my driveway at an angle! So I am very glad I have the bumper guards installed, and will get the iLift as well.

Was looking at the protector as well. How difficult was the installation?

Your new one is lower than your lowered '91? I have yet to receive my new one but when I test drove it, it seemed to have better clearance than my lowered '91.

Was looking at the protector as well. How difficult was the installation?
It was not difficult, but SOS did the install. Here are my recommendations:

1. make sure the car is raised so you can work on it with plenty of room.
2. you can use painter's tape to tape the bottom piece to the bottom of the car, then measure twice, drill once for the screw holes. Careful measurement, marking is key, so you drill in the right locations.
3. remove all of the screws on the bottom (there's like 13 of them), and insert the top plate onto top of the bumper from the inside, align the bottom piece (a small screwdriver helps to align the holes if needed), then screw in the screws into the metal screw grommets that you put into the top piece. A small dremmel helps to slightly adjust the holes on the top inner piece (take it out first!) of the bumper guard if the metal screw grommets don't fit perfectly on the first try. You only need to dremmel a few holes if the metal grommet doesn't align exactly.

So it takes a little bit of patience, but easily doable. You also get to see how someone rushed on the build of the NSX, as the factory screws / bolts are not lined up perfectly between the different layers, and someone just forced the factory screw / bolt through to make it work. It's not horrible but even the factory can't get it aligned perfectly, lol.

This adds good rigidity to that flimsy bottom portion of the bumper, and provides excellent protection to that naked painted bottom lip. I don't have the carbon fiber exterior package, so I only installed the bumper guards on the left and right sides, but left the center piece naked. SOS said the center black lip portion is cheap to replace if it ever gets damaged, like $200 or so, but the side pieces are what concern me the most, as they are painted, naked, and far more complicated to remove, repaint, and repair. And most of the time you'd risk scraping the side pieces going up / down driveways, steep approaches, etc., and it would be very visible if damaged.

However, if someone has a carbon fiber interior, it's vital to get that center piece protected as well...as that can be a costly part to replace if it's scraped. I feel a ton better having the guards, but I still plan to get the iLift kit because I want to be free to take my NSX to most places without worry.

Your new one is lower than your lowered '91? I have yet to receive my new one but when I test drove it, it seemed to have better clearance than my lowered '91.

Yes, if you look carefully at the bottom of the NSX, you will see that it curves down on the sides at a very subtle angle. So the middle is a bit more clearance, and then it has a very subtle curve at the sides going down, to accommodate the shape of the side bumpers that are lower than the center part of the bumper. The side area is most prone to scrapes as you tend to approach inclines / valleys at an angle...so that makes it even more crazy how it's designed. It looks great but is so vulnerable to scratches and scrapes.

I was shocked at how easy it was to scrape that rubber strip beneath the bumper...so grateful I didn't scrape my painted bumper...I would have been ticked if that happened!! That would have meant removal of the the side bumpers, having it repainted (matching certain factory paints is not easy, plus it's no longer factory clear coat & paint any more), and then reinstalling, waiting 30 days to re-applying clear bra, etc, a huge unnecessary pain and expense!! The bumper guards are vital, and should have been designed as such from the factory!! I predict 99% of unprotected NSX bumpers will have scrapes like this...and it will be painful to see. SOS said they haven't seen an unprotected NSX without any scrapes. I took my NSX to SOS within the first 100 miles to get the bumper guards installed, so mine was one of the first that is still fresh and have not been scraped yet...whew.

Last edited:
I was shocked at how easy it was to scrape that rubber strip beneath the bumper...so grateful I didn't scrape my painted bumper...I would have been ticked if that happened!! That would have meant removal of the the side bumpers, having it repainted (matching certain factory paints is not easy, plus it's no longer factory clear coat & paint any more), and then reinstalling, waiting 30 days to re-applying clear bra, etc, a huge unnecessary pain and expense!! The bumper guards are vital, and should have been designed as such from the factory!! I predict 99% of unprotected NSX bumpers will have scrapes like this...and it will be painful to see. SOS said they haven't seen an unprotected NSX without any scrapes. I took my NSX to SOS within the first 100 miles to get the bumper guards installed, so mine was one of the first that is still fresh and have not been scraped yet...whew.

Yikes. My car and a set of bumper guards are both en route to the dealer, I asked to have them installed before I even pick up the car :)

It was not difficult, but SOS did the install. Here are my recommendations:

1. make sure the car is raised so you can work on it with plenty of room.
2. you can use painter's tape to tape the bottom piece to the bottom of the car, then measure twice, drill once for the screw holes. Careful measurement, marking is key, so you drill in the right locations.
3. remove all of the screws on the bottom (there's like 13 of them), and insert the top plate onto top of the bumper from the inside, align the bottom piece (a small screwdriver helps to align the holes if needed), then screw in the screws into the metal screw grommets that you put into the top piece. A small dremmel helps to slightly adjust the holes on the top inner piece (take it out first!) of the bumper guard if the metal screw grommets don't fit perfectly on the first try. You only need to dremmel a few holes if the metal grommet doesn't align exactly.

So it takes a little bit of patience, but easily doable. You also get to see how someone rushed on the build of the NSX, as the factory screws / bolts are not lined up perfectly between the different layers, and someone just forced the factory screw / bolt through to make it work. It's not horrible but even the factory can't get it aligned perfectly, lol.

This adds good rigidity to that flimsy bottom portion of the bumper, and provides excellent protection to that naked painted bottom lip. I don't have the carbon fiber exterior package, so I only installed the bumper guards on the left and right sides, but left the center piece naked. SOS said the center black lip portion is cheap to replace if it ever gets damaged, like $200 or so, but the side pieces are what concern me the most, as they are painted, naked, and far more complicated to remove, repaint, and repair. And most of the time you'd risk scraping the side pieces going up / down driveways, steep approaches, etc., and it would be very visible if damaged.

However, if someone has a carbon fiber interior, it's vital to get that center piece protected as well...as that can be a costly part to replace if it's scraped. I feel a ton better having the guards, but I still plan to get the iLift kit because I want to be free to take my NSX to most places without worry.

Yes, if you look carefully at the bottom of the NSX, you will see that it curves down on the sides at a very subtle angle. So the middle is a bit more clearance, and then it has a very subtle curve at the sides going down, to accommodate the shape of the side bumpers that are lower than the center part of the bumper. The side area is most prone to scrapes as you tend to approach inclines / valleys at an angle...so that makes it even more crazy how it's designed. It looks great but is so vulnerable to scratches and scrapes.

Great info on this thread! I am having scrape armor guards installed on my NSX before I pick the car up this week. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this product?

Also, I used to scrape the front spoiler on my 2017 911 GTS going up and down my driveway. When I entered on an angle it limited the scraping quite a bit.

One question I do have is that I noticed the NSX bumper is lower on the sides than in the middle. Is better to drive straight in rather than on an angle? I am concerned taking the driveway at an angle may actually be worse in the NSX than straight on.

Thanks!

Mine looks fine

My rear view camera works fine

Any chance you have some shmootz on your camera lens?

Any missing features should be blamed on Turd Klaus

My rear camera has a clean high def appearance.

Back