• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear F1 style center light? Looking for thread.

I have a flashing strobe effect on my std brake light bar in wing... Webelectricproducts.com
Flashes 3-4 times on initial brake, solid on subsequent brake applications, resets in 15-20 seconds back to strobe on initial application...
Unit patches into wiring in spoiler cavity under left mounting point to trunk lid. Quick install.
Pretty cool...
-QD

I have a flashing strobe effect on my std brake light bar in wing... Webelectricproducts.com
Flashes 3-4 times on initial brake, solid on subsequent brake applications, resets in 15-20 seconds back to strobe on initial application...
Unit patches into wiring in spoiler cavity under left mounting point to trunk lid. Quick install.
Pretty cool...
-QD

That's exactly what I need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Pretty cool...
-QD

Thank you sir.

I posted a video on the prime FB page of my light w/relay installed.....oh yeah, GTLW too

Couldnt see the video?

Pingu81 -Jwow was the guy selling as Gb price was $145 which I thought was still a bit steep I didn't see anyone sign up to buy. Considering the same LED F1 style triangle could be found anywhere from $8-15ish on ebay and add a bit extra bit for the bracket, tie wrap and, wiring switch and bulb socket etc maybe if he priced it lower he would have sold some in the Gb?

Here is the original thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/167119-JWOW-Engineering-F1-Style-Auxiliary-Brake-Light-Fog-Lamp

I started making my own we'll see where I'm at once its all done...

Well I received mine and let just say this. If their 20 bucks on ebay, well, that's all their worth. Yes mine is the one of the same you get for $20ish ebay dollars and it's not very bright, at least not in todays LED standards. I have several cop car LED's and those are as bright as it gets but I did like the design of the triangular one I bought.

davidf, its probably good they arent blindingly bright. You want to catch the person behinds attention, not blind them anyway.
Thanks for that. Maybe I'll check it at night. It was in my shop when I tested it. It's worth a shot.

I wonder if there could be a thin line of LEDs to do the same job, then they could be obscured by the stock "diffuser" when not in use.

For the record, this is what I'm talking about: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/admo...at-sidecases?gclid=CIfN3pT3hrgCFSRo7AodwywAqQ

They're meant to be sanded flush into bodywork, but if someone made the brackets they could be put in the slits in the diffuser or otherwise hide the hardware IOT maintain a stock appearance.

I wonder if there could be a thin line of LEDs to do the same job, then they could be obscured by the stock "diffuser" when not in use.
Well here you go: http://www.soundoffsignal.com/product/ghost-multi-mount-light
I have a few if these from work. Incredibly bright, 33 different flash patterns, will fit most anywhere. Relatively cheap, maybe 65.00ish each if I remember correctly. We use these all the time. None have fail after years of use.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3_vp7dnqHKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
It was sorta... the wires appeared long at first but I had to extend them. I may have got them caught up though feeding them through somehow. I used posi-taps and posi-connectors and tapped into one of the tail lamps. I will snap photos and upload them.

I also have one but can't get it to fit flush on my '02 Replica Valance (Jetz Speed). The triangle housing is slightly too larage to fit flush under my licence plate.

Guys, I picked up an Ebay one and it has 3 wires but no instructions. I don't think mine strobes. One wire is ground, one is for parking lights (low output setting) and one is for the brighter brake setting (but no strobe).

Where is the best place to route the wires from the light into the trunk cabin area?

I'll post up some pictures of my setup when I finish it today.

P.S. I just want to add that we also work with LE on a few levels and we have access to their authentic lighting equipment. We have never thought about using it for a AUX 3rd brake light because a) It's too bright b) In most states, blinking or strobing red lights ANYWHERE on the car is illegal.

I like the F1 style flash as well but I'm hesitant to add this to my car since it can be interpreted as a flashing red light and thus illegal to possess. Has anyone on here experienced getting pulled over for this? (Only police and emergency vehicles can have red/blue flashing lights)

Last edited:
Back