• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear lower ball joint help

Any one ever replaced a rear lower ball joint I have heard of sum people matching them up with a another ball joint maybe a (acura legend), the ball joint was made to be replaced but Acura only sells the complete hub only,

anyone interested in changing the rear lower ball joint the part # for moog is k9643 .and if your part stores deal with beck arnley the part# is 101-4102
hope this helps save everyone some money :biggrin:

Sweet...just noticed a tear in one of mine and am going to replace it this winter.

Was it a typical procedure or were there any especially tough bits?

anyone interested in changing the rear lower ball joint the part # for moog is k9643 .and if your part stores deal with beck arnley the part# is 101-4102
hope this helps save everyone some money :biggrin:

Man if this works this will be a Big help, but I just notice my front lower one is bad also :( has anyone done the front lower ones

Hi, I am in the process of replacing the ball joint for the lower arm. Was able to press the ball joint (moog k9643) but the stud is too short when i tried to use the the spacer/washer. is it ok to use any washer? I know the oem washer is made to cup the metal sleeevee, and has a tight fit.

I posted this comment in the vendor section a few weeks ago after having my front right ball joints replaced. Hope it helps some.

Had a front lower ball joint start to show wear and didn't want to spend ~$700 for a new unit (you can't just buy a ball joint for an NSX, imagine my surprise).

Found great guy in California, who contacted me through nsxprime, that races an NSX and has a source to make "better than new" ball joints if you mail him your parts. He charges $205 per ball joint plus shipping each way, there are 6 total front and 2 rear and he will give a break in price if you choose to do all 8. He tries to turn them around in just a couple days. Work is first class. You can contact him at [email protected] , his name is Steve Ghent.

As NSXs get more and more miles/age, ball joint replacement is going to become a bigger and bigger issue, mine has 120K and is a '92. It's the only option I could find other than buying brand new towers, others may know more.
<!-- / message -->

Back