• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear Spats Group Buy

Hi Guys.

Over the months I've had numerous PM's and requests on threads with my car about my custom made rear spats.
So we've decided to gauge interest on a group buy of my rear spats. A mould could be made in 2 weeks time and shipping in around 4 weeks. It will be made by Jracing here in Australia the same people that did my car. I aim to get the rear spats the same quality as Japanese parts. Pricing aiming for if we get 3-5 made is US$375 plus shipping and 5>more is $US350+shipping.

I got 2 people already.
1. NSX AU
2. Dippy9

Here are some pics.
gt-13.jpg

gt-17.jpg

IMG_6461.jpg

IMG_6507.jpg

IMG_6544.jpg

Thanx Nico

What's a rear spats? I just know it's something in the back... :)

Man...i will say it now..but you're car is THE BEST LOOKING nsx out there that I have seen so far. JUST BEAUTIFUL!

I would be interested.

zoom- doesnt matter stock or widebody. I had it on my car before I did widebody. here is a pic of them on my car before widebody.
attachment.php

vtec- thanx. rear spats/pods goes on the side of the rear valance.
here is a comparison against stock
attachment.php

ngoc-so can i add you onto the list ?

My car is in the workshop so should have a mold in 2 weeks.

I have 3 people confirmed. So the price will be US$375.
Have until 31st for this initial group buy.

Nico

When you do the mold, can you make it flush with the fender well? It looks like it goes in a little bit into the fender well. Also, how is it mounted? Bolted or adhesive? Thanks.

I'd be very interested. My only concern is the small gap between the exhaust tips and the spats. If you can post a closer picture of your exhaust tips. If you could measure the distance between the two spats shown in the picture.

Regards,
Thomas

Last edited:
I have 5 confirmed at the moment. So that makes it US$350.
1. NSX AU
2. Dippy9
3. ngocdoc
4. Stacy NSX
5. 102222

zoom- its bolted in the fender liner and adhesive as well. I'll request that and see what they can do. :)

gold- My car is in the workshop and its 3 hours away so I'll ask them to measure and take photos of the tips but put it this way I've got the dual tip Gruppe M (which is notorious for burning the rear valance ) and it burned my stock spats but no such problems now. Its close but its never touched and I've had them for a year now.

Attachments

• 48E50076.jpg
    48E50076.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,222
Can you measure how far it extends down from the fender behind the tire? I'm wondering how well this would go with the rest of a Wings West kit. Thanks.

rbirling- we'll do mate :)

gold here is a pic I think it its self explanatory.

Attachments

• 57B10009.jpg
    57B10009.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 999
Update 20/08 mold is done! First product is getting left over the weekend to dry. Hopefully I'll be able to ship them not long after.
So pics with fitment of them on my car early next week.

rbirling- sorry to take so long to reply but its 23cm so around 10" from the fender it extends lower.

Again to get the group buy price its until end of august.
After that the price will be US$400.

Nico

Were they able to make it flush with the fender radius?

NSXBOX said:
Update 20/08 mold is done! First product is getting left over the weekend to dry. Hopefully I'll be able to ship them not long after.
So pics with fitment of them on my car early next week.

rbirling- sorry to take so long to reply but its 23cm so around 10" from the fender it extends lower.

Again to get the group buy price its until end of august.
After that the price will be US$400.

Nico

zoom- i spoke to my guy and he says its a tight fit and the margin that it isnt flush minor.

Here are pics of the finished product sorry it was taken of a mobile cos the workshop is in another state. I'll be fitting and taking pics on a stock bodied NSX this friday. With the first being shipped this week. I need to finalise numbers by mid next week.

I've also attached some stock pic and stock w/spats. You can see how the spats level the front, side and rear whereas stock the rear is very high.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Nico

Attachments

• 57N70015.jpg
    57N70015.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 704
  • 57N70016.jpg
    57N70016.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 668
  • 57N70017.jpg
    57N70017.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 685
  • mas04 002.jpg
    mas04 002.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 830
  • nsx.jpg
    nsx.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 820
Thanks for the pic Nico! I can't wait to see the pictures of (before/after) shot. Can you take a pic from a distance of a before/after side and back of the car?

Guys just got the spats!

Here are some before/after shots on NSXSAN stock bodied NSX.
Obviously they're not painted or fitted on perfectly hence the bricks :)
As you can see it levels out the rear with the rest of the car, where the OEM rear use to leave a sense of emptiness.

Nico

Attachments

• spat1.jpg
    spat1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,167
  • spat2.jpg
    spat2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 837
  • spat3.jpg
    spat3.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 906
  • spat4.jpg
    spat4.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 839
  • spat5.jpg
    spat5.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 721
Ahh, I just found the post today and my birthday is tomorrow? Think I can still get in for the group buy price? Is that $350 shipped to the US? Very very interested

Got mine painted and installed and it looks awesome!! Pictures to come very very soon!

Since I've got back from NSXPO and my European holiday I've had numerous PM's and emails bout the Rear Spats. So if we can get the numbers I'll be doing a another run of these spats.
So please PM for more details.
For pics of a stock bodied with these spats Hapa88 has these on his car and they look great!
Thanx
Nico

Has anyone put these on with an 2002 rear?

Tim

Back