• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear Wheel Bearing - Wish me luck!

Finally taking the plunge and doing the new bilstien shocks, brake job and installing a $185 (discounted) wheel bearing and hub. For those of you that haven't seen this assembly.........lets just say they weren't worried about saving weight here.

The cars in the air and the calipers are off, hopefully get this done this holiday weekend (starts tomorrow for me). It is going to be in the 60's here in KC and I miss not having the nsx available:frown:

Hey there KCNSX,
I noticed that you are not too far from me here in Lawrence. Great timing to take advantage of the weather to do an install. Hope all goes well. I might have to talk you into taking me for a test run. I'm a virgin to the NSXperience. Wanna pop my cherry?:eek: :biggrin::biggrin:

Regards,
Kevin

hey you'll need a hub puller. :biggrin: also a good sized braker bar.

shocks are crazy and you'll need a good sized pry bar to get the A arms off the structs. We had a nice 4 foot one and that helpe a lot. Also you'll need a small 1 or 2 foot pry bar as some parts you need to apply preasure on 2 joints to get things off. I tired dangling on mine and im 190lbs and at times it didnt even come off :smile:

losen the drive axle bolts BEFORE you take the wheel off the ground. That way you can just put your foot on it and kick down. If you have the wheels off the floor, its going to be hard... unless you put a thick screw driver in the rotor cooling slots and have it braced up again the brake calipers and bust it loose that way.

The wheel on the ground is the SMART way ;)

me and a buddy busted through mine JIC Magic install in about 2.5 hours

Start with the front. Its much easier than the back ones.

Also watch out with the bolts. the alunium threads strip very easily. you'll be making new threads before you know it.:biggrin:

HAVE FUN!!!!! :tongue: <--- sarcasim

Last edited:
RE: the shocks; as other Primer's have noted, you will need spring compresser's to R&R the struts/shocks anyway, so use them on the springs to shorten the old strut/shock package before removing. Makes bonding with your ride a lot easier.

RON98 said:
hey you'll need a hub puller. :biggrin:

Why?? The hub assembly(with the bearing) is bolted to the knuckle, remove it, then you press the hub out, then bearing, the reverse and assemble.

HTH,
LarryB

Back