• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recaro SR4 (DC5-R) Seats in an NSX

I was saving money for the NSX-R or DF-R seats, but also wanted the ability to recline. I immediately thought of the Recaro SRD's (DC2-R) from the Honda Integra Type-R. I've had them before, and I loved the fact that they reclined AND they were made of Alcantara. But... I'm a little bigger than I was 10 years ago.

So afterwards I thought of the Recaro SR4's (DC5-R) seats from the Honda Integra Type-R (RSX in the states). I remember them being a little wider and allowed for "larger" people to fit.

Anyways, I started on a quest to figure out how to install these seats into the NSX. After stumbling on a few threads on Honda-tech (yikes) and team-integra.net, I started to lose all hope. until...... The Fit guys helped out with a write-up. Here's the link to their write-up.

I was extremely excited to hear that the Bride RO rails were compatible with these seats. In fact, Bride RO rails are compatible with any Recaro SR and L series seats.

Install was fairly easy. If you need any help, please feel free to ask. Here are some pictures of the progress. Tip: you need small fingers and a really small 10mm open end wrench.

Before:
IMG_0153.jpg

The Seats (a little dirty, but nothing that a little elbow grease won't cure):
IMG_0136.jpg

You will need 8 of these body bolts and 4 M6-1.00x25 bolts with split lock washers and flat washers:
IMG_0146-2.jpg

The aftermath:
IMG_0165-1.jpg

I'll be taking higher quality pictures later this week, I hope. I do have a source for JDM parts (not NSX specific) who has a warehouse full of parts. Please contact me if you'd like to order some seats or rims. Thanks.

Last edited:
Here is also the "bolt pattern" of the seats. The front has the 2 threaded mounts on each side...

IMG_0133-1.jpg

Last edited:
I did have these in my car, now sold to another local member.

If you want the seats lower (not sure how tall you are) you can remove the lower foam and bring it to an upholstery shop and ask them to cut it in half using their hot-wire, you can lower the seat by 2" or so without changing the comfort.

Also, if you really want to get those seats clean, you can completely disassemble them, pull the fabric off (it's easy to do) and wash in the washing machine using tide, I was skeptical at first but they come out incredibly clean and bright, just like new! No red dye was lost even!

I might just get a blue set for down the road...

I might just get a blue set for down the road...

Thanks for the advice, Angus. The guy i went through has a set in blue for $1500 shipped from Montreal. Let me know.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, Angus. The guy i went through has a set in blue for $1500 shipped from Montreal. Let me know.

Ya, if those are the ones I saw, they are threshed pretty good...

I like your seats, Long. I was also thinking of buying the DF seats but I want something that can recline like your seats. Does your seats come in black leathers? If I buy your type of seats, I need to buy the Bride seat rails? anything else that I need to buy? Do your seats work with the oem seat belts?

Last edited:
I like your seats, Long. I was also thinking of buying the DF seats but I want something that can recline like your seats. Does your seats come in black leathers? If I buy your type of seats, I need to buy the Bride seat rails? anything else that I need to buy? Do your seats work with the oem seat belts?

These seats come OEM from Honda for the Japanese RSX-R's. Kinda like the NSX-R comes with the $15K seats (or whatever they are now). I don't think the RSX-R's came in black leather. They come in three colors:

- Black Alcantara with red stitching
- Red Alcantara with red stitching
- Blue Alcantara with blue stitching

I'm not too sure if these will bolt up to the OEM rails or not. I had the Bride Pros seats installed which all ready had the Bride RO rails. I purchased these mainly due to the compatibility to the Bride RO rails I had installed at the time. The rails usually run up to around $200 each. The rails that originally come with the seats will not work since they're from an RSX.

And yes, they work with OEM seat belts. I am currently using OEM seat belts and buckles. The belts and buckles mount up to the rails. You may need to bend/break off the tab on the buckle side (you'll see).

Last edited:
The Bride seats that you had look awesome. You replaced them with Recaros because the Bride can't be reclined?

you are correct, sir. the brides are up for sale. $500 + shipping without sliders and rails. Driver side is a little beat up, but can be repaired.

If you want the seats lower (not sure how tall you are) you can remove the lower foam and bring it to an upholstery shop and ask them to cut it in half using their hot-wire, you can lower the seat by 2" or so without changing the comfort.

What Wil said...

A friend of mine has these on his 04' and they're a bit too high for me in stock form. They are pretty nice but my hair would rub against the headliner. Not sure how I could fit a helmet with them. I'm 5'11".

They were really nice though. The firmness was spot on and ingress/egress was easy albeit at the cost of some corner holding power due to the lack of high bolsters.

A very nice compromise regardless. I'd rock them with just that one mild mod. Congrats!

Last edited:
What Wil said...

A friend of mine has these on his 04' and they're a bit too high for me in stock form. They are pretty nice but my hair would rub against the headliner. Not sure how I could fit a helmet with them. I'm 5'11".

They were really nice though. The firmness was spot on and ingress/egress was easy albeit at the cost of some corner holding power due to the lack of high bolsters.

A very nice compromise regardless. I'd rock them with just that one mild mod. Congrats!

I'm 5'7", so no issues for me :biggrin:. but definitely doesn't hold me in quite like the Bride Pros. I'm slowly transitioning to comfort and styling.

perhaps, but not my form of styling. still trying to decide ITB or CTSC.

These seats come OEM from Honda for the Japanese RSX-R's. Kinda like the NSX-R comes with the $15K seats (or whatever they are now). I don't think the RSX-R's came in black leather. They come in three colors:

- Black Alcantara with red stitching
- Red Alcantara with red stitching
- Blue Alcantara with blue stitching

Don't forget the super rare Yellow ones, I have also made my own versions by swapping the cushions, super easy and takes 20 min -

- red w/ black inserts

- black w/ red inserts

Not to get off track but I recently installed the DF NSX-R seats in place of Recaro Pole Positions. The difference in comfort is astounding. If the recline is not an issue, I would say these seats are worth every penny. In every regard- ingress/egress, comfort on long trips, support, headroom, etc. The NSX-R's are so far above and beyond the Pole Positions it's not even funny.

I will be posting pics and a review shortly.

Not to get off track but I recently installed the DF NSX-R seats in place of Recaro Pole Positions. The difference in comfort is astounding. If the recline is not an issue, I would say these seats are worth every penny. In every regard- ingress/egress, comfort on long trips, support, headroom, etc. The NSX-R's are so far above and beyond the Pole Positions it's not even funny.

I will be posting pics and a review shortly.

I've been in both NSX-R and DF-R seats. I totally agree with you 110% on comfort and styling. I can afford the DF-R seats, so it's not a matter of money/price. It's just a little hard to convince myself to purchase a pair of seats for at least $4K+.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back