• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recaro SR4 (DC5-R) Seats in an NSX

I was saving money for the NSX-R or DF-R seats, but also wanted the ability to recline. I immediately thought of the Recaro SRD's (DC2-R) from the Honda Integra Type-R. I've had them before, and I loved the fact that they reclined AND they were made of Alcantara. But... I'm a little bigger than I was 10 years ago.

So afterwards I thought of the Recaro SR4's (DC5-R) seats from the Honda Integra Type-R (RSX in the states). I remember them being a little wider and allowed for "larger" people to fit.

Anyways, I started on a quest to figure out how to install these seats into the NSX. After stumbling on a few threads on Honda-tech (yikes) and team-integra.net, I started to lose all hope. until...... The Fit guys helped out with a write-up. Here's the link to their write-up.

I was extremely excited to hear that the Bride RO rails were compatible with these seats. In fact, Bride RO rails are compatible with any Recaro SR and L series seats.

Install was fairly easy. If you need any help, please feel free to ask. Here are some pictures of the progress. Tip: you need small fingers and a really small 10mm open end wrench.

Before:
IMG_0153.jpg

The Seats (a little dirty, but nothing that a little elbow grease won't cure):
IMG_0136.jpg

You will need 8 of these body bolts and 4 M6-1.00x25 bolts with split lock washers and flat washers:
IMG_0146-2.jpg

The aftermath:
IMG_0165-1.jpg

I'll be taking higher quality pictures later this week, I hope. I do have a source for JDM parts (not NSX specific) who has a warehouse full of parts. Please contact me if you'd like to order some seats or rims. Thanks.

I want to note that you need to have grade 11 bolts for the bottom of the seats, the factory ones are 10.9 I would even go 11.9 - these are very small bolts and need to be strong .

awesome,too bad its dicontinued

I believe these can be made again on special request. As angus said, it's the Mode4 front bumper.

looks beautiful. what kind of steering wheels is that?

It's the Nardi Sport Rally 330mm steering wheel.

Sorry for the late update. Here are some pics.

6259562174_f651d8518d_b.jpg

6259588550_3d734b192b_b.jpg

6259061651_0959e35d94_b.jpg

i the passenger side shoulder bolster area a little dirty (the seats?)

The alcantara just looks that way when you brush against it.

very hot + i love teh steering wheel as well.

i the passenger side shoulder bolster area a little dirty (the seats?)

The alcantara just looks that way when you brush against it.

As Wil mentioned, it's the alcantara material. the properties are similar to suede.

looks hella comfy. I need to get a ride in that car....

Call me up anytime.

how's the headroom? more or less than stock?

I think it was mentioned earlier. The seats with the bride rails sit may be a tad higher than stock. The seat cushion can be modified to sit lower. I honestly can't remember how the OEM seats were like, so I can't verify.

Your interior with those seats look really great. Nice job.

thanks. i hope the seats work out for you too :smile:.

Last edited:
nice job..
i also like the NSX badged console pad in front of the shifter,i guess in "98" they deemed it to heavy for the NSX! LOL Dammit!
when did they stop doing that????:mad:

nice job..
i also like the NSX badged console pad in front of the shifter,i guess in "98" they deemed it to heavy for the NSX! LOL Dammit!
when did they stop doing that????:mad:

91-92: One-piece with the badge.
93: Two-piece with badge.
94+: Badge removed.

All info retrieved from our NSX Wiki page.

Looks really good!! Im planning to get one soon as well! You said, you used from Bride rails correct? Was there any modification?

Thanks. No modifications were done on the rails. Just make sure you have the proper bolts and washers for the install. Special tooling is required... either small skinny fingers or long needle nose pliers (you'll see).

Did you use the stock seat belts? If so, how did you attach them to the Recaros? I see how the buckle is attached from the how-to on the Fit forum but not the belt itself. Very nice---

Last edited:
Did you use the stock seat belts? If so, how did you attach them to the Recaros? I see how the buckle is attached from the how-to on the Fit forum but not the belt itself. Very nice---

yes, the stock seat belts were used. on the other side of the rail, there is a spot where the bottom of the belt would attach. i recommend attaching the belt before bolting down the seat to the floor.

yes, the stock seat belts were used. on the other side of the rail, there is a spot where the bottom of the belt would attach. i recommend attaching the belt before bolting down the seat to the floor.

Sweet. Those SR4's are something I'm going to have to take a long look at especially as it doesn't appear to be a difficult swap. I'm all about the
images

Hello,

I realize this thread is a little old, and not even the same seats I have in question. I actually have in my possession some red JDM ep3 seats. Do you think that these would fit in the same manner that the DC5-R seats fit?

I'd like to throw them in if they would, but if not I'm probably going to sell them.

You will need aftermarket rails/sliders and custom mounts/brackets to fit the EP3 seats into the NSX. You can contact Wedge Engineering to fabricate a set of mounts/brackets by giving them the dimensions of the rails/sliders. Hope this helps :cool:

Hello,

I realize this thread is a little old, and not even the same seats I have in question. I actually have in my possession some red JDM ep3 seats. Do you think that these would fit in the same manner that the DC5-R seats fit?

I'd like to throw them in if they would, but if not I'm probably going to sell them.

You will need aftermarket rails/sliders and custom mounts/brackets to fit the EP3 seats into the NSX. You can contact Wedge Engineering to fabricate a set of mounts/brackets by giving them the dimensions of the rails/sliders. Hope this helps :cool:

Thanks so much, I'll look into it! :biggrin:

If not maybe I'll try for the DC5-R's...haha. (Lookin' good btw!)

If not maybe I'll try for the DC5-R's...haha. (Lookin' good btw!)

The SR4's give it the more modern look. SRD's (DC2-R) may allow for more headroom since the headrest is squared off. Either way, I think it helps give the car a more modern look.

Hello,

Ken may be right about the EP3 seats. I wouldn't be surprised if the EP3 seats have the same "bolt pattern" though. If you are going with the SRx seats, I recommend buying the buddy club or bride RO sliders and rails and match them up with an EP3 seat. Good luck.

I was considering maybe purchasing these seat or Recaro pole seats, anyone know weight of the Type R DC2 ?

Back