• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommend me a walkie talkie?

Looking for something that will work at Expo and any other event I may attend. Would like it to be affordable, easy to use, durable, widely compatible and portable enough to use during snowboarding.

I know what the club code/frequency is but my understanding of walkie talkies is so limited I can’t even use that information to look on the tech specs of the walkie talkie for compatibility.

Looking for something that will work at Expo and any other event I may attend. Would like it to be affordable, easy to use, durable, widely compatible and portable enough to use during snowboarding.

I know what the club code/frequency is but my understanding of walkie talkies is so limited I can’t even use that information to look on the tech specs of the walkie talkie for compatibility.

16561100-46A6-4E5A-B4D1-2F3FE0881754.jpg

These are awesome radios. I have two (2) of the 4 watt models and just purchased the 8 watt that Bob has posted up for you. Great range, very clear and doesn't cost and arm and a leg. We use them on every drive down here in SoCal.

breaker breaker...looks like we got us a convoy....

Thank you so much for posting this thread!

I literally just asked this AM an amazon question about this EXACT radio model. The response I got was that it "wasn't recommended for business use".

The NSXCA frequency is a UHF "business band" frequency, and my wording might have been overwrought and confused the person that answered me.

At the risk of sounding like a total moron, I just want to be absolutely clear: This radio can be programmed (in your hand) to hit 464.550 MHz "Yellow Dot" NSXCA frequency?

Thanks again for this key tip!

I have an old Cobra MicroTalk 2-way radio. So far, the pre-programmed frequencies don't match the NSXCA frequency. Can it be programmed to 464.500, or do I need to upgrade?

Have you noticed any improvement in performance with the 8 watt radio over the 4 watt radio ???

These are awesome radios. I have two (2) of the 4 watt models and just purchased the 8 watt that Bob has posted up for you. Great range, very clear and doesn't cost and arm and a leg. We use them on every drive down here in SoCal.

I seemed to have a little better range in both receiving and transmitting. Great radio for the price.

Back