• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommendations for driver window fix/repair

Hello,

My driver window is often excessively slow rolling up or barely rolls up. Do you have any recommendations on who to contact for service? I've reached out to Hugabuga and Angus but I have not heard back from either of them lately. They were very quick to reply in the past but I regret I did not order at the time. I have also read recommendations on Window Motor World.

Thanks so much.

There are probably a lot of people who have the Hugo kit rolling around in their trunk because they have never got around to installing it (mine sat in the trunk for 2+ years before I finally bit the bullet and installed it this spring). You could try a wanted to buy post and see if anybody bites.

If you can't get a Hugo kit, I would be inclined to take the regulator out and clean the guides and cables and re grease them. Use Honda Urea grease on the glides (slightly pungent and more than slightly expensive). I used a moly grease on the cables and the cable drive mechanism. New guide bushings are available from Science of Speed. Hugo's video on his kit installation (there is a .pdf version around also) is very useful when it comes to taking the regulator drive apart and putting it back together. I found the service manual of more use when it comes to removal of the regulator. Also, there is a Honda TSB in the NSX Wiki covering lubrication of specific parts of the regulator to prevent the popping noise. I think it is dated 1993 or 1994; but, it is applicable to all years.

Last edited:
Back