• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Reduce Spam?

sid

Contributing Member
Maybe it's just me but the question to reduce spam seems more like an IQ test than just some random question. What happened to just re-typing the words shown in the box?

Also what's with the automatic deletion of posts and no explaination? I just tried to re-post my NSX for sale because my previous post did not have the template item requirements. And it was deleted.

spend a min' or two in the marketplace rules section for more insight...

Also what's with the automatic deletion of posts and no explaination? I just tried to re-post my NSX for sale because my previous post did not have the template item requirements. And it was deleted.
Hiya! Check-it...

Thread titled "2000 NSX-T Yellow/Black" created on 06-12-2004, 12:20
-> deleted as-per marketplace rules (No asking-price)

Thread titled "2000 NSX-t Spa yellow/black" created 01-17-2004, 17:30
-> deleted as-per marketplace rules (No V.I.N.)

Thread titled "2000 Monaco Blue NSX Super Charged" created on 06-18-2008, 16:35

Thread titled "2000 Monaco Blue CTSC Vin# JH4NAZ161YT000048" created on 06-19-2008, 21:18
-> ongoing/active open listing (bookmark this thread for subsequent edits & 1 bump per solar month)

Thread titled "2000 monaco blue nsx" created on 05-12-2009, 12:48

Thread titled "2000 monaco blue nsx jh4na2161y000048" created on 05-12-2009, 14:18
-> repost, will be deleted/merged into aforementioned ongoing/active open thread.

If any questions persist, don't hesitate to contact one of the marketplace sub-forum mods' who are listed at the bottom of the page. Also, here are the marketplace rules (asking-price & V.I.N. are mandatory!)...

G'luck w/ the sale... :cool:

Last edited:
Sid

I will buy your NSX right now if this is correct from your ad:

2000 NSX-T
JH4NA2161Y000048
36790 MILES
MONACO BLUE/ONYX
SIX SPEED MANUAL
LOCATED IN NEWPORT BEACH, CALIFORNIA
PRICE: $5400
NUMBER OF OWNERS: N/A

Maybe it's just me but the question to reduce spam seems more like an IQ test than just some random question. What happened to just re-typing the words shown in the box?

Image captchas (at least as implemented in vbulletin) are essentially worthless at this point for deterring spammers.

Switching to basic IQ test type questions has been, by far, the most effective thing I have tried to deter spammers. We have gone from a few a week to a few a year.

I've toyed with the idea of using questions where the answers aren't easily found using google... Maybe that would deter idiots as well as spammers. But that's a fight for another day.

Back