• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Reflections-Detailing (Got_Leather) Write-up

When I purchased my '96 Black NSX in Aug '09, the exterior exhibited fairly severe paint swirls. I sought out a professional detail in the Fall of '09 and settled on the "Recondition Detail" at Car Spa Detailing in Bathesda, MD. My NSX looked good when I picked it up, but I would not recommend that place to anyone. My car wasn't ready when I arrived despite a call confirming completion, my battery was dead and the shop owner had left my keys at his house (WTF???). Furthermore, the shine wore of rather quickly and I believe the detail caused more harm than good due to the improper use of harsh compounds and harsh buffing techniques on soft Honda paint. So, the search for a true professional detailer continued.

In the Spring of '10 I came across this NSX detail and knew that I needed DJ to service my car. I finally got my NSX in on March, 14 '11 and left it for a week. The results far exceed my expectations (which were very high to start with) and DJ has gained a customer for life. The level of communication throughout the whole process was phenomenal, I spoke with DJ for 15-20 minutes every night about the services he performed that day. I learned a great deal about the detailing process, detailing products and proper paint care. I give DJ and Reflections-Detailing my highest recommendation.

DJ can be contacted at DJ AT reflectionsdetailing dot org
http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/author/dj-mayo/

Some pics of my service

008-3.jpg

012-6.jpg

014-7.jpg

015-8.jpg

016-9.jpg

024-10.jpg

034-5.jpg

048-6.jpg

071-3.jpg

073-3.jpg

074-2.jpg

078-2.jpg

079-5.jpg

094-1.jpg

121-1.jpg

123-1.jpg

126-2.jpg

131-1.jpg

134-2.jpg

146-3.jpg

147-2.jpg

150-4.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-4.jpg

004-6.jpg

010-4.jpg

016-10.jpg

022-7.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! Good for you to chose a high quality professional like DJ Mayo of Reflections Detailing. Truly an example of getting what you pay for, but I don't know if you can put a price on that shine!

Looks awesome!

Got Leather will DEFINITELY be getting 91! After the original black nsx detail, I was sold; and now the OPs 96... I am SOLD.

Fantastic work done here. Vehicle looks great.

Got Leather will DEFINITELY be getting 91! After the original black nsx detail, I was sold; and now the OPs 96... I am SOLD.

Fantastic work done here. Vehicle looks great.

That one was mine.. DJ is a great guy.. he can talk about detailing all day with you.

My car needs a refresh soon.. Will hit DJ up again.

Kenny

It looks as if you can you can put your hands right through that paint. I am sure it was well worth the expense to get the car looking like that. Almost makes you want to seal it up tight and never drive it to keep it that way. I need to find someone local like DJ to do mine.

It looks as if you can you can put your hands right through that paint. I am sure it was well worth the expense to get the car looking like that. Almost makes you want to seal it up tight and never drive it to keep it that way. I need to find someone local like DJ to do mine.

I have plenty of people bring their vehicles to me from various states. If that is not an option for you, I am always able to travel if certain criteria is met. Hope all is well.

Ka-Pow...wow! That detailer sure seems to know what he is doing!

I just love seeing a black NSX that looks like new, takes my breath away. Especially those shots under the fluorescent lights where the depth of the black seems endless. :eek:

Back